PDA

View Full Version : On demand outside UK not working?

Sullye
05-07-14, 13:20
I'm on Apollo v8 and trying to use th ebbc/itv player. Its giving me an error message "non uk ip address and no DNS set in ondemand" Was working on previous VIX versions.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Sullye

mcquaim
05-07-14, 14:03
It hasn't worked in months since TUNLR shut down its service..

You now need to sign up for a similar service as what TUNLR provided and then enter their DNS into the settings.. I don't think you can get a free one though!

Sullye
05-07-14, 18:35
Perfect, thanks for the info

degoosefish
05-07-14, 22:26
yeah you need to get a "proxy dns" from a site like this one
www.smartdnsproxy.com (not me recommending this one just one like it) if you really want On demand for ITV and BBC.
when you open the on demand hit the menu button and there is a section down the bottom where you can enter the DNS settings
otherwise add it to your router settings

Joe_90
06-07-14, 01:32
I'm in RoI and ITV Player doesn't work in On Demand plugin, but somehow works ok in my Humax Foxsat DVR. BBC player is geo-locked as expected in both platforms but does anyone know what "magic" is happening in the Humax box to allow access with the same local DNS settings?

mcquaim
06-07-14, 02:46
I'm in RoI and ITV Player doesn't work in On Demand plugin, but somehow works ok in my Humax Foxsat DVR. BBC player is geo-locked as expected in both platforms but does anyone know what "magic" is happening in the Humax box to allow access with the same local DNS settings?

No, but would love to know what the feeds are.. Anyone on hummy know perhaps?

Joe_90
06-07-14, 12:07
I would have thought it was the standard Freesat implementation of ITV Player. I can't really hack the router to check the traffic as it's a proprietary Vodafone box.