PDA

View Full Version : On Helios - Should I upgrade to Apollo....

imish
05-07-14, 08:48
Hi Team

Running Helios Build 017 on my Solo2. Was a difficult upgrade from V3 as none of the setting were imported (took me about 2-3 hrs to set it up). Almost everything is working fine other than Timeshifting to my NAS which worked perfectly with V3, no more with Helios.

Now I see that there is a new image - Apollo (struggling to keep track of all these changes). Is this now the image to be on for future upgrades?

If so - if I upgrade to Apollo will I be able to imported my settings.

imi

Walt
05-07-14, 09:30
If Helios is working well, why upgrade?

ronand
05-07-14, 09:37
You can backup your settings in Helios and restore them in Apollo. Easy as pie - it should take less than 10 mins from start to finish.

imish
05-07-14, 11:39
You can backup your settings in Helios and restore them in Apollo. Easy as pie - it should take less than 10 mins from start to finish.

Thanks. Managed to do it.

As to why I bothered - as mentioned in my message - timeshifting to my NAS is no longer working since I upgraded to Helios, even with Apollo I still can't get it to work. the box complains about the formatting of the destination folder.

I use the NAS as a HDD for the box. Recording on the NAS however is working perfectly fine.

nsw9154
05-07-14, 11:53
I had backups of Zeus and Helios on my Solo2 Hard Drive even when I was on Apollo
they do not take up much room and I found them useful in emergency's :)

imish
05-07-14, 16:23
I'll open a separate thread for the time shifting issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk