PDA

View Full Version : Run 2 cams at once ?

Tangfolio
04-07-14, 17:44
Is it OK to run 2 cams at the same time in a Vu+ Duo2?
I have been trying to get a sly freesat card to work using cccam but not getting anywhere and from what I have read it sounds like oscam might be better but I still want to keep cccam running.

Larry-G
04-07-14, 19:07
Yes you can run two cams at the same time if configured properly.

timofee
05-07-14, 21:35
You can't run cccam and oscam at the same time. If you try it, ViX will warn you - so no harm done.

But if you leave cccam on autostart and then run oscam it will crash your box - you will then need to reflash via USB to recover the box.

judge
05-07-14, 21:45
You can't run cccam and oscam at the same time. If you try it, ViX will warn you - so no harm done.

But if you leave cccam on autostart and then run oscam it will crash your box - you will then need to reflash via USB to recover the box.

??? Nonsense.
Both cams run fine together & a crash is almost never a reason to have to reflash anyway.

duoduo
06-07-14, 08:21
Just out of curiosity can cccam and mgcam run at the same time, a mate asked the other day and I said no but now not sure?

Tangfolio
06-07-14, 08:52
Have installed oscam but not run it yet as am still trying to sort the config files out, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info about them and it sounds like I should find out how to put c-lines in oscam now.

Larry-G
06-07-14, 15:36

No idea where you got that piece of information from but it's wrong to say the least.

The inbuilt Softcam manager in OpenViX has a very intelligent start script whereby it remembers the order in which you set your cams to start and maintains this order on startup. you can happily run both Oscam and CCcam together in ViX without any issues.

Larry-G
06-07-14, 15:37
Have installed oscam but not run it yet as am still trying to sort the config files out, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info about them and it sounds like I should find out how to put c-lines in oscam now.

please be mindful of the site rules where card sharing is concerned.