PDA

View Full Version : /var/lib/opkg/lists being populated after new Flash

iba
03-07-14, 19:48
Hi,

I understand that files in /var/lib/opkg/lists folder can be deleted.

But I do not understand why, after I did a new flash to Apollo 14, last night it is being populated. I even did a factory reset before doing the new flash and no other image except ViX images have ever been on the box and the box was bought new from WoS

So if anyone could advise why is this folder being populated and what can I do about it I would be grateful.

Thanks

abu baniaz
03-07-14, 19:53
It is a list of packages. Your receiver needs to know what is available should you issue a command to install something.

Leave it, its meant to be there.

P.S It is grammar, not grammer!:)

Joe_90
04-07-14, 00:41
abu - I asked iba to ask here as I couldn't figure out why the package list was prefixed "oe" in his GB 800se receiver instead of "vix" as in my GB Quad receiver. Cast any light on this?

abu baniaz
04-07-14, 01:41
Indeed peculiar.

These are the contents of my receivers.

Joe_90
04-07-14, 12:55
My Miraclebox Premium Twin seems to have a list of oe prefixed packages, rather than vix ones as in my GB Quad Plus. I don't know the significance, so will assume all is well, perhaps. :confused:

andyblac
04-07-14, 23:07
these are pre-installed list that the build process makes. once image had network connection the openvix one's will be compiled from feeds.