PDA

View Full Version : Cable EPG from data stream

Game2Freak
02-07-14, 20:41
Hello

Is it possible to get a full epg guide from a cable data stream?

If so, please can you point me to a tutorial.

Many Thanks

abu baniaz
02-07-14, 21:56
Cross EPG does not work with the cable epg on the stream.

If you want to use the epg on the stream, you must enable Virgin EPG. You must then zap to the PVR_EPG channel for about two minutes. You can automate the zapping using the EPG refresh plugin.

Peterj
03-07-14, 09:59
Normally it should be working automatically from the providers stream, depending what your provider is offering.
It is possible there is no EPG for all your channels.

timofee
03-07-14, 14:15
The Cable EPG in the UK does not work reliably on enigma2 boxes when following the standard set up process. There definitely is a full EPG available somewhere because you get it on official cable boxes in the UK.

But the process described by abu baniaz above might be the solution - I will test it out.

kev1372003
03-07-14, 18:13
The Cable EPG in the UK does not work reliably on enigma2 boxes when following the standard set up process. There definitely is a full EPG available somewhere because you get it on official cable boxes in the UK.

But the process described by abu baniaz above might be the solution - I will test it out.

It does work, I've been using that method for a while

timofee
04-07-14, 14:33
Most people think that it works because it is about 99% complete.

The problem is the last 1% of listings that are missing - and that has caused me problems in the past. I am now using he process advised by abu baniaz (see above) and I have not come across any missing listings yet.

DaMacFunkin
04-07-14, 16:53
I think it depends what else is going on with your epg, I use plugin refresh, but if I run crossepg or manually import a rytec list for a foreign sat I get holes all over my cable epg and have to run refresh again!

timofee
05-07-14, 21:42
CORRECTION: I have to report that even though I am using EPG refresh plugin I am still getting some errors.

Cable ITV4 (SD) is showing the correct EPG for Sunday evening (6th July), but Cable ITV4 HD has some errors. Perhaps someone else can look at this, see if they get the same.

I can't believe that official cable receivers have this error. There must be a way to correct this fault with cable channels on the ViX image.

leonius
09-07-14, 20:06

If you want to use the epg on the stream, you must enable Virgin EPG. You must then zap to the PVR_EPG channel for about two minutes. You can automate the zapping using the EPG refresh plugin.

how do I enable virgin epg

judge
09-07-14, 20:08
how do I enable virgin epg

Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> Settings -> Enable Virgin EPG = yes.

timofee
10-07-14, 08:48
Take heed of my warning above, you can't rely on the Virgin EPG whatever method you use.

As an example look at ITV4HD and compare it with the satellite equivalent.

75mak
19-01-15, 02:12
Whats the best way to enable cable epg?

khan888
19-01-15, 03:47
Whats the best way to enable cable epg?
It's explained in post 2 and 10 of this thread

delboy13
05-02-15, 00:43
on epgrefresh plugin settings do i tick all channels i want epg for or is the tick for which channel to zap to e.g pvr_epg

abu baniaz
05-02-15, 00:48
on epgrefresh plugin settings do i tick all channels i want epg for or is the tick for which channel to zap to e.g pvr_epg
Channel for which you want to zap to in order to download data.

Any other channel on same frequency as PVR EPG should also work.

barry2012
02-10-15, 18:55
How do I enable vm epg some channels have the wrong program

abu baniaz
03-10-15, 00:12
The setting is in the EPG menu. It should be defaulted to the on position, no harm double checking.

Try deleting the EPG first using thje load/save/delete menu

If applicable...
It is folly to download from the stream and then replace it from an internet database. Use only one.