PDA

View Full Version : The difference between epg and cross epg

icemen
02-07-14, 00:21
Hi peepz
Can some plz explain to me the difference between the two. If I have set the do I need to set cross epg as well and wot are the benefits.

judge
02-07-14, 00:44
Hi peepz
Can some plz explain to me the difference between the two. If I have set the do I need to set cross epg as well and wot are the benefits.

Hard to read your query because of txt speak, yo?
EPG = Electronic program guide.
Cross epg = a way of downloading some EPG.

Hope that ansers your ? dude.

abu baniaz
02-07-14, 00:48
The name for Cross EPG is "Cross EPG Downloader" If you refer to it by the full name, particularly the last bit, it makes it easier to understand what's its purpose is.

For OpenTV EPG data, where the data has to be downloaded from the satellite, instaed of just populating whn yo are on a chanenl, we are dependent on using Cross EPG Downloader. The acquired data is then displayed as part of teh EPG system. The EPG data uses the SID (service ID) to match up the data and channel.

More details in section 4 of the manual.

icemen
02-07-14, 10:27
Hard to read your query because of txt speak, yo?
EPG = Electronic program guide.
Cross epg = a way of downloading some EPG.

Hope that ansers your ? dude.

Sorry for the slang, sent the message from my phone, damn predictive text ;-) Cross EPG is basically better and more accurate then, thank guyz

Rob van der Does
02-07-14, 11:28
Cross EPG is basically better and more accurate then,
Better than what? Than XMLTV-importer/EIT/MHW-EPG/Virgin/...... ?
All depends on what channels you want EPG for. As stated above Cross is just one of the possible EPG-sources.

goosegog
02-07-14, 13:24
When ive tried XMLTV-importer,it works great for a couple of days then i get NA in channels when im using a channel list ie catseyes and ABM together,not sure i had it all set correct tho,i gave up in the end[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
03-07-14, 05:43
When ive tried XMLTV-importer,it works great for a couple of days then i get NA in channels when im using a channel list ie catseyes and ABM together,not sure i had it all set correct tho,i gave up in the end[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a common problem with motorised bouquets where a none standard satellites.xml file is used. Try replacing the one that comes with the bouquet pack with a new one from http://satellites-xml.org

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

goosegog
06-07-14, 13:48
ok i will try that today,im gonna set cross for uk/italy and XMLTV-importer for the others,does that set up work ok,thanks

goosegog
08-07-14, 23:11
hi has anyone tried replacing the xml file as i did sunday and the same result,2 days ok then na in channels again,bummer!