PDA

View Full Version : Dish not moving, motor problem

stuattravs
18-11-10, 21:48
Ok whilst using the latest gigant image i was watching something on my static dish and went to record something else on the same sat so obviously im waiting for my motorised dish to align at start recording, but nothing happened, looked outside and theres no light on my motor(normally green).
Tried satfinder, goto 0 and all the other usual things to try and spring it back to life but no joy, even tried flashing original image, motors only a few months old

any ideas?

Maxwell
18-11-10, 23:21
Try disabling the tuner for your static dish, this will force the receiver into using the motorized dish, select any channel and then perform a motor reset at the motor itself (see your manual for how) also try the motor with the lnb disconnected as if that is faulty it could be killing the motor and double check your cables particularly for water ingress

stuattravs
19-11-10, 00:13
Cheers mate, now just to lend some ladders!

stuattravs
19-11-10, 23:31
problem sorted

Curious123
19-11-10, 23:50
problem sorted
Why not share the resolution with rest of us in case anyone else has the same problem?

stuattravs
20-11-10, 00:05
Ha because I'm kinda embarrassed , got up on the ladders just touched the wire going into the motor from the vu and it just fell out!, just hadn't been tightened , moral of the story don't be thick;)

Curious123
20-11-10, 00:13
Ha because I'm kinda embarrassed , got up on the ladders just touched the wire going into the motor from the vu and it just fell out!, just hadn't been tightened , moral of the story don't be thick;)

Nothing to be embarrassed about m8 I have had my dish about 18 months and once or twice I have either had water get into the connections or they have come loose because I have been fiddling with the motor. Just be glad you got it sorted.

basilyoung
20-11-10, 01:57
connections came become loose as a consiquence of poor instalation as well,

for example, loose coax cable being caught by the dish backets, as the motor moves from east to west or vice versa

more rarely, the " ruppie bird " :sofahide: might have struck as well

baz