PDA

View Full Version : [GI-XPEED LX3] Running 2 LX3 Boxes in the same room - can i program the remotes for each one

nsw9154
01-07-14, 01:37
as the thread says

can I run 2 LX3 boxes individually that use the same remote

Say 1 LX3 with 4 DVB-S2 tuners and a separate LX3 with 2 DVB-C/T/2T and 2 DVB-S Tuners, can I change the settings in vix to allow me to use both

I have a Miraclebox Premium HD Receiver and when I bought my LX3 they had the same Remote and my MB remote operated my LX3 and vice versa
so I boxed my MB Premium and have not used it since, I know that I have seen a option for Remote 2 but not sure if that is to operate a TV :confused:
any help would be Gratefully appreciated as I would like to use my MB Premium in conjunction with my LX3 or even better a second LX3 :D

Larry-G
01-07-14, 01:42
I know that you can do this for the VU+ boxes and even the TM's although for the TM's that currently only works with the default 4od image, not sure about the Lx3 though.

nsw9154
01-07-14, 02:05
Thanks pheonix I know that I saw the option somewhere, probably when setting up the Solo2, so it looks like the MB Premium is staying in it's box
and I will not be getting a second LX3 :rolleyes: but that's life :D

might just get the MB out of it's box and try it out :eek: you never know it might work lol

nsw9154
01-07-14, 03:58
Well I gave it a try :( I put the LX3 on a low Coffee Table and the MB Premium on the Top Shelf of a unit next to the TV
But every time I pressed the MB remote to change a channel the LX3's channel changed as well and vice versa

well it looks like I will not be able to use the MiracleBox or a second LX3 in the same room as my LX3 :smash: :(

So the only other option is to get either a Duo2 :eek: Expensive or a GB Quad Plus nice but not yet proven :confused:
as I want to keep the LX3 just for sat as I will be setting up my Motorised Dish soon
I do not need to sell the Solo2 or Miraclebox but might have to suffer the Daemons Wrath if I buy another Sat Box just yet :lol3::whistle:

Sicilian
01-07-14, 05:22
There is a remote change option with the LX3, but last time I tested froze the box. Dev's will fix at some stage, but I know their priority is to upgrade linux kernel which isn't too far away.

nsw9154
01-07-14, 15:05
Thank you Sicilian I thought i saw the option somewhere I will try again when I do a full new flash of Apollo 14 :)

nsw9154
01-07-14, 17:09
Just loaded Apollo 14 in to my LX3 I did not do a system restore so it was a clean install, I found Remote control channel 2.0 in the plugins and loaded it in
tried all the options but the Miraclebox Remote still operated the LX3 then I noticed Dreambox Advanced Remote Control in the Input Devices set up
that did not work either the MB remote still operated my LX3 so it looks like I am stumped :nono: