PDA

View Full Version : new reciver

dbmx
29-06-14, 14:32
Hi all,
I have a vu plus box at present running vix.
I am looking at purchasing a new box and it is between a solo 2 or vu plus 2 but cant decide?.
I was hoping someone will give me some advice on which box is best or is there a new box on the way. (no cable )

Thanks
dbmx.

goosegog
29-06-14, 15:57
Hi,aint got one myself but a pal has had a solo 2 since they came out and he says its great.solo 2 has 2 tuners so if you would like more the duo 2 is able to have 4 tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsw9154
29-06-14, 16:10
Personally the best boxes for you are either the VU+Solo2 it is a fast and rock solid box
and the Golden Interstar Xpeed LX3, as it has the option of 4 tuners at a fraction of the cost of a DUO2
I have 4 DVB-S tuners fitted to mine and it is running like a dream on Apollo 12 it all depends what you want from it
but I have to say that with having 3 sat cables running to mine I never have to worry about running out of programs to record :D
I will have to run another cable down for my Solo2 as it dose not like having only 1 cable fitted to it :)

s2tephen
29-06-14, 19:13
Hi
I have both the VU+ Duo2 and the Golden Interstar LX-3 and as far as the quality of the pictures and running both are great.
The only thing I would say is that the LX-3 is the more versatile as far as tuners is concerned
VU+ 2 twin tuners sat-sat and sat-sat or sat sat and tv tv or sat sat and cable cable
LX-3 4 single tuners 1st 2 tuners fixed as Sat tuners and you can chose the other 2 as you wish sat and sat or sat and cable or cable and cable.

s2tephen
29-06-14, 19:16
quick look at dvb t c tuner for the vu+ I think you can only really use one of these at a time so looks like only 3 tuners working in that config

dbmx
29-06-14, 20:28
sorry its a vu duo

Maxwell
29-06-14, 20:35
Did you just report your own post for no reason
If you did it to gain the attention of the staff to reply to your question don't do it again.
The reporting system is not there for your personal use unless it is a genuine reportable rule break/abuse/spam etc