PDA

View Full Version : Iptv

capin
27-06-14, 16:10
Hi,

I know this is a satellite forum but this is the closest I could find to what I am interested in.

I am going to spend a year living in Thailand and I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about what I see on the internet called IPTV. I would love the BBC and ITV whilst I am out there. Happy to read if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

seedys50
01-07-14, 09:53
If you mainly want UK freeview channels have you looked at filmon.com - this site shows live basically the whole freeview lineup of channels and is free.
If you don't want to use a PC you could use a droidbox hooked up to the TV by HDMI. I bought one of these from the bay and it has XBMC installed which opens up 1000's of movies/TV series that get streamed to your box by internet.
Best of all there is no subscription. I have been using one for about a year in Poland where I am working in a shipyard and has been a lifesaver for english language programming.

duoduo
01-07-14, 13:43
Not filmon is what you are looking for, filmon is for UK viewing. Like post above mentions, get yourself a cheap xbmc setup for all your viewing pleasure.

allanapp
16-07-14, 09:46
A very good alternative is to subscribe to VPN such as PureVPN (about £24 per year) which I have used for some time now and found that line speeds remain virtually unaffected. Some such as Hotspot Shield I found significantly slow the line speed.

You'll be able to watch all UK catchup such as 4OD, iPlayer and ITVPlayer and in most cases watch live tv shows too.