PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3 tuner configuration

pmach10
26-06-14, 17:57
HI all
I have got a vu ultimo box with 3 dvb-s2 tuners and a motorized dish and single cable from lnb also single loop though cable,problem being the setting up of tuner configuration,i have looked all over for correct answer but all seem to be for different option's,have tried different way's but doe's not seem right and when changing sat's it take's forever unless I move to a sat manually. any help would be much appricated.CHEER'S ????:confused:

nsw9154
26-06-14, 18:05
Their should be some tutorials on how to set it up in the search section, I was reading a few today myself as I am going to set up a motorised Dish with 3 static and 1 motor feed and got some great information from abu :) just thought are you using a DiSEqC Switch as that speeds switching sats

just reading your post again you only have 1 feed going to the receiver that is where your problem lies as you might need a separate fixed dish if you watch 28.2E most of the time here are some pics uploaded by abu I hope they help

35561 35562 35563

abu baniaz
26-06-14, 18:29
Please define "single loop though cable"

How many satellite dishes in total? If more than 1 please describe each one separately.
How many ports on LNB? If more than 1 please describe where each one goes to separately.
Any diseqc switches?

pmach10
26-06-14, 18:55
Hi I think a divorce would be on the table if I fitted an other dish on the front of the house, I have a 90cm dish the see though type with single port lnb,as for the loop through it's just the short cable to connect a to b tuner in box,would it be advised to go down the diseqc route.Cheer's:)

abu baniaz
26-06-14, 19:23
With only one dish, diseqc switch is pointless. You may better off using a twin LNB on your dish. I'll leave that out of the equation for now. Better option to get a minidish for 28.2. Fit it when she goes shopping.

Assumptions:
Tuner A has motorised dish which works with USALS.
Tuner B has loop out cable from tuner A
Tuner C uing internal loopthrough

Tuner with motor: Set to
Config = Simple
Positioner
Enter co-cordinates
Leave other options as they are (no)

Tuner B: Set to
Config = Loop through to
Connected to Tuner A

Tuner C: Set to
Config = Loop through to