PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] Box randomly going to standby

finbarr
25-06-14, 23:08
I have read a few very old similar threads to this, but instead of re-opening them I thought I'd post new.

Since updating to Apollo 8 (via fresh flash, and restore from settings backup from 003), every few hours, and completely randomly, my Duo2 will go into standby (which also turns the TV off, as I have HDMI CEC enabled - or maybe it's the other way around-e.g. is the TV turning off the box?).

I turned on debug logging, and rebooted enigma. Then, literally, the minute enigma came up, I tried changing the channel to see if France are still in the world cup, and boom-it goes into standby all by itself. See the attached debug log for info.

I will try turning off HDMI CEC, but thought I should post the log first to see if anyone spots anything obvious... Thanks!

sandiego69
26-06-14, 16:35
My Solo2 does exactly the same thing. Mega annoying.

nsw9154
26-06-14, 17:55
My Solo2 is working Perfectly running Apollo 8 :confused:

Larry-G
27-06-14, 14:15
My Solo2 is working Perfectly running Apollo 8 :confused:

Yep same here.

I would suggest you guy's check the fan settings and temperature to make sure its not overheating.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

finbarr
27-06-14, 14:16
Ok thanks Ill check that out next time it happens. Other than this, Apollo is working perfecto.

finbarr
30-06-14, 18:20
Ok. Happened twice today and system temp was 35/36 degrees each time.

I also checked netstat and no sign of break-ins. Any other ideas?

ronand
30-06-14, 18:35
Hdmi cec may be the culprit - the tv may not be sensing the video signal and powers everything off. My uno sometimes goes to standby after starting up too but I dont think that is related to the receiver randomly going off.

finbarr
30-06-14, 18:46
I think you may be right ronand

sandiego69
30-06-14, 20:14
OK If you guys think it is the HDMi CEC, which particular setting might be the problem to remove?

ronand
30-06-14, 20:22
Maybe turn off sleep mode on the tv itself

sandiego69
30-06-14, 21:15
No. This does not make any sense to blame the TV. It has to be something in VIX.

mcquaim
30-06-14, 21:30
No. This does not make any sense to blame the TV. It has to be something in VIX.

The TV might be sending the signal to the receiver to go to sleep!

I had an issue on one of my Bravia TV's in that the Vix menu kept appearing with no button press on any remote. After a lot of head scratching it turned out that the TV was sending random hdmi-cec messages to my Duo...

After disabling the option on my tv to be able to control external devices via hdmi the issue stopped...

Give it a try, could well be the issue!

finbarr
30-06-14, 22:39
Mcquiam I think you might be on to something. I have a Bravia. I've just changed some settings on it. Let's see if it happens again. Thanks!

judge
30-06-14, 23:05
I had an issue on one of my Bravia TV's in that the Vix menu kept appearing with no button press on any remote. After a lot of head scratching it turned out that the TV was sending random hdmi-cec messages to my Duo...

Had the exact same issue with a GBQuad & Bravia TV.
Was a bugger to track down at the time because it was so random...

@finbarr It might be worth uninstalling HDMI CEC from the plugin menu, the TV will still send the commands but the box wont react to them.

sandiego69
01-07-14, 10:33
It looks as if, as I also have a Bravia, that it is the culprit. Thanks to all for their help here.

finbarr
01-07-14, 10:42
@finbarr It might be worth uninstalling HDMI CEC from the plugin menu, the TV will still send the commands but the box wont react to them.

I don't want to uninstall the HDMI CEC addon, as I find it very useful and have that enabled.

For now, I have gone into the TV settings and disabled some HDMI CEC things there (one-way). I haven't seen the issue since doing that. Fingers crossed. I think this is the fix. I don't think there is a problem in VIX.

Thanks again all for the help. You rock!

sandiego69
01-07-14, 11:23
I don't want to uninstall the HDMI CEC addon, as I find it very useful and have that enabled.

For now, I have gone into the TV settings and disabled some HDMI CEC things there (one-way). I haven't seen the issue since doing that. Fingers crossed. I think this is the fix. I don't think there is a problem in VIX.

Thanks again all for the help. You rock!

Perhaps you could share how and which settings you changed on the TV please.

finbarr
01-07-14, 11:34
Will do tonight when I get home.

2stein
01-07-14, 12:08
i have the same problem with my duo2... also hooked up to a bravia tv. disabling hdmicec fixes he problem, but then the hdmicec functionality is gone as well. :-(
on my duo i had a similar problem with hdmicec: menus would pop up randomly, channels would switch... no standy though :-)
so, i do think that the bug is in the hdmicec device driver.

finbarr
01-07-14, 12:16
From memory, doing the following fixes it:

On the TV remote:
- Press the large blue Home menu button.
- Navigate to and select the Setup menu.
- Go to HDMI
- In here there are a few settings, there is one similar in wording to 'Send Power Off to device". Set this to OFF.
- Also 'Device Auto Power Off' - set to OFF.

I will clarify the exact wordings later, with a screenshot.

finbarr
01-07-14, 12:36
... i do think that the bug is in the hdmicec device driver.
Remember CEC can be two way. I don't believe it is a bug in the driver. I think it's a bug for Sony, as the TV seems to be sending a shutdown message to the box.

2stein
01-07-14, 12:46
Remember CEC can be two way. I don't believe it is a bug in the driver. I think it's a bug for Sony, as the TV seems to be sending a shutdown message to the box.
and it seems to be sending channel switch commands and menu popup commands and and and....
i think the device driver is interpreting noise on the cable as commands.

finbarr
01-07-14, 13:31
and it seems to be sending channel switch commands and menu popup commands and and and....
i think the device driver is interpreting noise on the cable as commands.

I've never seen this happen and I've been using HDMI CEC for a long time.

ssh into your box and run 'netstat' when a channel change occurs. Sounds like your box is being controlled by elsewhere...

finbarr
01-07-14, 18:51
Here is my Bravia HDMI setup:

Also changed some Eco settings...

2stein
29-07-14, 08:49
no, the only solution for me is to disable hdmi cec.