PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] default root password

foz
25-06-14, 09:21
what is the default root password?
I always change my passwd to the same one but I have just noticed I have no ssh access
saying wrong password
strange I was on 003 updated to 008 online had problems it still showing 003
so I re-flashed 008 and restored 003 setting's everything is working just can not access via dcc
never had this problem before
foz

foz
25-06-14, 09:54
strange I can access with putty via ssh with the correct password
but dcc says incorrect login
is telnet not working on 21 any more?

Trial
25-06-14, 09:54
Hi,
default password is empty and ssh sometimes refuses to connect without password. Connect through telnet, set your password and then ssh should work.

ciao

foz
25-06-14, 09:59
re-installed dcc that's sorted it
thanks

juanca2000
06-09-14, 15:02
Hello all,

I have spent hours looking for default passwords of my solo2 box with VIX on it. All messages related to this are going no where. Most of them did not solve any issue, just suggesting a long list of user passwords etc.. but none working.

I have tried to connect with Telnet (quite difficult for me as I have almost no clue of linux or telnet).

The box is working perfectly and I can use dreamboxEDIT and Filezila withou any issue but never managed to do enter with telnet. Always wrong password ( I tried admin, root etc.. root seems to work but password no idea neither blank or one of the long list found in the website.

All this pain is to be able to change root password to avoid anyone enter the box with default login/password and also to create a new users so I can use them for OpenVIX or Android VU+ instead of using the root password.
(adding more security to all this)

Can someone be so kind to help me with a step by step for newbies on how to change password and create more users? Is there different login/password for telnet than for OpenVIX or VU+ to stream TV?

Thanks a lot for your help.

For the website team: do you think it would be useful to create a separate chapter on security and explain how to handle it or best practices? At least I would love to see it and do not hesitate to let me know if I have missed it.

Thanks again

steveharman
06-09-14, 18:00
Username: root
Password: <no password needed>

Has always worked for me using telnet and FTP, from OpenVix 023 onwards (the first version I used...)

Steve