PDA

View Full Version : solo2 and sky card box pairing

chrcoluk
24-06-14, 21:36
Simple question, can the solo2 with vix handle sky subscriptions under the new box pairing lockdown sky have rolled out for HD subscriptions (and soon to be also for SD)?

This is not related to illegal activities but legitimate subscriptions.

satmanbasil
24-06-14, 22:55
Hi

simple answer is until developement upgrade of CCcam the answer is no for HD channels already gone missing at the moment SD is available and remains so until such time sky has managed to exchange all sd stb's for HD this maybe harder to do depending on what consumers tv are being used

Larry-G
24-06-14, 23:28
Also worth pointing out that this is not specifically a ViX issue but it affects ALL third party receivers including those who use Enigma 1 / 2 images and closed source firmware alike, only officially issued sky uk branded receivers can currently access those channels affected.

timofee
25-06-14, 13:30
With SD channels there is no problem if the card has NOT been paired to the official Sky box.

If the legitimate card has been in the official Sky HD box recently, it gets paired to that box. What is unclear is whether you can still get premium SD channels like Sky Sports when you put such a paired card back in your enigma box.

chrcoluk
25-06-14, 16:53
Also worth pointing out that this is not specifically a ViX issue but it affects ALL third party receivers including those who use Enigma 1 / 2 images and closed source firmware alike, only officially issued sky uk branded receivers can currently access those channels affected.

I know but my box is a solo2 with vix hence the question.

I already change my autobouquet to a SD list but with seperate HD section (which I Can use for FTA HD channel access). Although by doing this it seems itv encore SD version is missing, autobouquet not added it to list.

so the opinion is a ccam upgrade may fix this issue? I really hope its temporary as official sky boxes are really poor compared to the solo2s and vix.

chrcoluk
25-06-14, 16:56
With SD channels there is no problem if the card has NOT been paired to the official Sky box.

If the legitimate card has been in the official Sky HD box recently, it gets paired to that box. What is unclear is whether you can still get premium SD channels like Sky Sports when you put such a paired card back in your enigma box.

for me it works, with premium SD still. I have read some people had to pair it with an old box to get it to work.

Larry-G
25-06-14, 17:01
so the opinion is a ccam upgrade may fix this issue? I really hope its temporary as official sky boxes are really poor compared to the solo2s and vix.

I doubt it will be that easy but no one really knows any thing for sure.

pac2000
25-06-14, 18:37
ITV Encore SD Is In The Lifestyle And Culture Bouquet, But +1 Is In The Entertainment Bouquet...

chrcoluk
25-06-14, 19:35
ITV Encore SD Is In The Lifestyle And Culture Bouquet, But +1 Is In The Entertainment Bouquet...

I only see itv encore hd in there on webif, I think webif seems to cache old listings as my hd channels are removed.

So i checked again on the box directly and its not there. also no +1 in entertainment either, what reason would autobouquet not add them?

--edit--

ok so after rebooting I see encore sd under entertianment just hd in the lifestyle.

webif is now also.

timofee
26-06-14, 14:09
for me it works, with premium SD still. I have read some people had to pair it with an old box to get it to work.

I assume that your official card has not been in the official Sky box in the recent past.

I, like you, have read various comments that people in the past (who have paired their card in their HD box) managed to recover premium SD channels by pairing to an old SD box. The problem is that there is nothing reliable that confirms if this is still the case.

chrcoluk
27-06-14, 18:54
yes the card hasnt been in a sky box for ages now.