PDA

View Full Version : Ram available

kowalski
23-06-14, 13:29
Hello,
this decoder has 512M of Ram, but only 256M is available for the image, is there something wrong? :confused:
How can I unlock more Ram?

Thank you ;)

Trial
23-06-14, 13:54
Hi,
it is the same on all E2 STBs. Parts of the RAM are used for internal purposes.

ciao

kowalski
23-06-14, 15:07
thanks for the reply trial

there is some way to configure how much memory must be available for enigma2, eg configuring some way the startup parameter of the kernel?

256M is not enough to handle my Cross EPG and enigma2 crashes. I wouldn't use usb pen dongle to have swap memory, I've bought this decoder to have more RAM free and get a rid of usb pen memory :rolleyes:

nsw9154
23-06-14, 16:02
My LX3 always seems to have 1.7gig of flash memory free 35509

abu baniaz
23-06-14, 17:24
You can use a swap file to "provide" extra RAM.

It is strongly discouraged to save EPG on internal memory.

Larry-G
23-06-14, 17:30
thanks for the reply trial

there is some way to configure how much memory must be available for enigma2, eg configuring some way the startup parameter of the kernel?

256M is not enough to handle my Cross EPG and enigma2 crashes. I wouldn't use usb pen dongle to have swap memory, I've bought this decoder to have more RAM free and get a rid of usb pen memory :rolleyes:

I would advise you to use a external device for CrossEPG such as a USB stick or if you have a receiver with a internal HDD use that instead, CrossEPG can corrupt very easily and when that happens it will fill your flash in no time, resulting in a reflash to recover.

kowalski
27-06-14, 09:53
I'm talking of RAM not ROM, the EPG data are already saved on usb device. But when run Cross EPG seems to eat all the ram and the decoder crashes or restart.

I've bought this device to have more RAM and do not use usb device for the swap (so the external hard drive can go in standy if not used, if I set up the swap on it it'll never sleep).

So to sum up: there is no way to handle the 256M reserved for internal use and let less for this porpouse?

Thanks again :)

Larry-G
27-06-14, 10:18
So to sum up: there is no way to handle the 256M reserved for internal use and let less for this porpouse?

Thanks again :)

No, only the manufacturer could do that via a bootloader update.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
27-06-14, 10:40
But when run Cross EPG seems to eat all the ram and the decoder crashes or restart.

Crash = crashlog, please upload one.
Also, what EPG sources are you using? I have the same box running a Cross EPG update daily & never once has it crashed doing this.

kowalski
27-06-14, 12:33
Crash = crashlog, please upload one.
Also, what EPG sources are you using? I have the same box running a Cross EPG update daily & never once has it crashed doing this.

I'll provide you all the infos asap, for the moment thanks.