PDA

View Full Version : im thinking of getting new box which 1 though ??

shuggy
20-06-14, 12:55
hi guys ive had 3 boxes from wos and have been impressed however now I want a new box that does both sat and cable I see the new giga blue quad + and the golden lx3 thing can anyone tell me which 1 would be the best has anyone bought the new quad yet ?? thanx in advance

Andy_Hazza
20-06-14, 17:57
Golden LX3 looks your best bet. I'd personally keep away from gigablue on previous experiences. :eek:

DaMacFunkin
20-06-14, 18:29
If I had have known about the LX3 before I bought my duo2 in march I would have waited for one of them with twin cable, twin sat.

Stanman
20-06-14, 20:21
Never tried LX3 but heard good things about it, pricewise its a better option but DUO2 is rock solid and I know the LCD is not everyones cup of tea but I quite like it.

DaMacFunkin
21-06-14, 07:03
I agree now I have my replacement duo2 it is rock solid, the first one I had was a flaky piece of shit, but to get it running 2x cable tuners and 2x sat has cost a serious amount of wedge.

shuggy
21-06-14, 09:13
can you zap from a sat channel to cable channel easily ??

Sicilian
21-06-14, 09:15
Yes you can with LX3 or any other combo receiver.

LX3 imo is a faster receiver than Duo2. I've used both.

shuggy
23-06-14, 15:47
thanx for the replies, I see none of the boxes lx3/duo2/gigablue,quad+ has scart I use the scart at the mo for video sender is there any other quick way to send the channels through to my bedroom without scart ??

nsw9154
23-06-14, 17:29
I Gave up on the Cable side of my LX3 and MB Premium twin as I was only getting about 10 cable channels so I swapped the Sat Tuner out of the MB and fitted it in my LX3 so now I have 4 sat tuners in my LX3 that is my main box
and I have the 2 Cable tuners in the MB premium that is packed away in it's box gathering Dust 6 weeks old, as I can not see the point as I will never be able to get my Virgin card to work in either cable boxes

nearly forgot to mention that the Miraclebox has Scart

Andy_Hazza
23-06-14, 19:29
thanx for the replies, I see none of the boxes lx3/duo2/gigablue,quad+ has scart I use the scart at the mo for video sender is there any other quick way to send the channels through to my bedroom without scart ??

Google extender over HDMI, that's what I use and is brill. Better than that scart shit. :D

nsw9154
23-06-14, 19:59
I forgot to mention that the Golden Interstar LX3 is a Fantastic Receiver and I would Highly Recommend it to anyone
weather you just want it for Satellite or you want to Explore the Cable side, it is a very capable and extremely flexible receiver and faster than my Solo2
and for the price probably the best box out their I am loving mine and intend to finally fit my Motorised Dish very soon :cool:

shuggy
24-06-14, 23:15
so is the cable tuners no good for the lx3 ?? can I get all the cable channels on the lx3 with cable tuners ?? I know theres a lot we cant talk about but is it just a glorified freeview or can u get all the cable channels ?? are the cable tuners all the same on each box so much choices

abu baniaz
24-06-14, 23:19
The cable tuners are fine on the LX3.

nsw9154
25-06-14, 01:13
The cable tuners are fine on the LX3.

yep the Cable tuners are fine it's just knowing how to set them up properly that I do not know, so I will stick with Satellite for the time being :)

polosolo
29-06-14, 00:52
Ok Guy`s please forgive my ignorance but I have a Vu Ultimo and was thinking of selling this to upgrade ...I know it`s possible to get a DVB-C/T/T2 for this receiver ....Would I be able to view cable also with this and more? like these newer box`s do . I know the ultimo is a bit outdated now...

But if it can basically do what the newer receivers can do....just slower with the DVB-C/T/T2 ....then I will just get the tuner for around £50 .

Thanks for the feedback Guy`s.

Best Regards

judge
29-06-14, 01:44
I know the ultimo is a bit outdated now...
Only had use of an Ultimo for the last week & I wouldn't say it's out dated...
Have a few newer generation boxes & while they boot faster (something that shouldn't really be an issue to end users) none match the speed & reliability of switching between DVB-S/DVB-T tuners, don't currently have cable to test though.
If others reply that DVB-C/T/T2 works fine in the Ultimo, I'd buy that card.
Nothing currently available beats the Ultimo VFD. It's replacing my Solo2 as my main viewing box. Solo2 will be kept for testing as it can be couch flashed & restore settings during an ad break, again something that wouldn't really concern most users, Ultimo takes slightly longer but I prefer it...
LX3 might also be worth looking at if you want an upgrade, some positive reviews on here.

polosolo
29-06-14, 02:00
Thanks for your reply Judge......I was looking at this LX3 as I might venture into the cable full monty side ....But if the new ultimo tuner works like the LX3 tuner ...Then its a no brainer and I will buy the said tuner.

When I say outdated .....What I really should have said is....something along the lines of your reply. :)

Hope someone can shed the light on how well the ultimo works with the tuner. I want to be able to have the best of both worlds if this tuner permits it.

Best Regards.

judge
29-06-14, 02:22
But if the new ultimo tuner works like the LX3 tuner ...Then its a no brainer and I will buy the said tuner.
I doubt there's a new VU ultimo tuner as VU are concentrating on new generation boxes. :confused:
Doesn't mean their older boxes are outdated though. Some manufacturers still playing catch up even if using new processors...

nsw9154
29-06-14, 03:15
am I right in saying that the Ultimo has about the same spec as the New Miraclebox Premium, if so it will still perform ok and probably better

polosolo
29-06-14, 03:25
I doubt there's a new VU ultimo tuner as VU are concentrating on new generation boxes. :confused:
Doesn't mean their older boxes are outdated though. Some manufacturers still playing catch up even if using new processors...

I mean this tuner DVB-C/T/T2 only available for the uno ultimo and Duo2 this model is the newest tuner they released.

Technical Data VU + ® Hybrid - DVB-C/T/T2-Tuner UNO / Ultimo / Duo ²
product Description
TV and radio programs via antenna and digital cable
VHF channels: 2-12 (49 .. 230 MHz)
UHF channels: 21-69 (470 .. 861 MHz)
DVB-C HDTV compatible
Input frequency range: 51 .. 858 MHz
Symbol Rate: 1 ... 7 Mbaud / s
Input Impedance: 75 ohms
Tuner Input / Output: IEC connector
DVB-C / DVB-T/T2 selectable via software

I believe it was released early this year 2014 ... looks like a different spec of sorts to the previous model it upgraded from.