PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Config] Channel list organisation

pigsfoot
19-06-14, 22:15
HI, Firstly hi to everyone, this is my first post although I have been reading a lot on the forums.

I have just upgraded from a Skybox F5 to a Solo2 running a VIX Image and I must say the box is awesome. So much better than my old Skybox.

Anyway, everything is working fine, I can watch TV and I have a working EPG via Cross EPG.

What I would like to do, and I have been looking to see if this is already answered but in all honesty not sure what to search for.

I am using the Sky UK EPG Feed and from what I can tell the channels are all populated but they are in a very random order and its extremely had to find basic channels such as Sky 1 , BBC etc.

Is there a way to re-organise the channels listed into something similar to actual Sky TV and also create groups such as Movies, News, Documentaries etc.

Apologies if this has been asked / answered before but I have been looking around and all I can find is how to setup Cross EPG not how to configure the channel listing.

pigsfoot
19-06-14, 22:45
Not sure if this helps... when I go into the EPG I get "Last Scanned" in the top left corner... on threads I have followed to help setup Cross EPG the images show "All Channels" which I can't seem to find. Also I just have channel names, no image shown or channel number.

Stu
20-06-14, 09:49
Hi.
AutoBouquetMaker (ABM) which is built into the ViX image will do what you require. On your receiver go to Menu, Set Up, Service Searching, AutoBouquetMaker, and configure it to your local region. This will mirror the official Sky channel numbering.
There is a useful tutorial on how to set up ABM on the forums.
Stu.

pigsfoot
20-06-14, 10:05
Hi Stu,
Thanks for the reply. I have run ABM which seems to have worked fine. However before I worked out that was what I should have ran first I did use something else to scan for channels... it was part of the original build process when I switched it on.

Do you think that as I ran that first ABM isn't overwriting the settings... is there a way to clear the existing channel list?

Or maybe I just have the wrong view as when I click on the EPG button on remote all I see is "last Scanned" channel list and from what I have seen it should say "All Channels".
Thanks..Rod

Stu
20-06-14, 11:35
Hi Rod.
When viewing a channel, press either the up or down keys (not the +/- channel buttons). This will bring up the channel list. If you then press the blue button (favourites), this should give you a list of your bouquets.
Stu.

pigsfoot
20-06-14, 11:42
Awesome, Thanks Stu, will check it tonight when I get home. Thanks for the reply

Stu
20-06-14, 12:01
Hi Rod.
It takes a little while to get the hang of it, (especially if you have been used to using a Sky box), I was the same.
Regarding your second question, the small pictures next to the channel names are called picons. These can be installed directly from the feeds, or you can download them from picons section of the forum.
Stu.