PDA

View Full Version : HDMI out to 2 TV's

scotsmarc
19-06-14, 14:02
HI,

Im planning on splitting my HDMI from my sat to 2 2tvs and one of the sets will be through a solid wall. I obviously want to make the hole as small as possible. I am thinking of going HDMI > Micro HDMI ( for the cable run) Then connecting this back to full size HDMI to connect to eh second TV. Has anyone tried this? Interested in success and or failures. The total run is only 5m and I have tested on full size single cable runs.

Rob van der Does
19-06-14, 14:24
Not answering your question, but why would you want to view the same show in two different rooms?
Using a (cheap) E2-box with only LAN attached, you're completely free (client box on the server box in the living). And as a bonus: the hole for a LAN-cable is very small.

scotsmarc
19-06-14, 14:58
It is the set up we want in the living room and kitchen. got enough boxes dotted about the house and see no value in another.

bellejt
19-06-14, 15:41
why not use wireless HDMI with IR remote ? Those things cost around 190 euro's.I have one here for the same use to the kitchen TV.With the IR you can change channels on the main also from the receiving end.

scotsmarc
19-06-14, 15:58
HI, Thanks for the input - I have heard contrasting reports on wireless HDMI if and when possible i prefer to cable for the minimum loss possible. how do you find the wireless HDMI and what brand did you buy?

bellejt
19-06-14, 16:28
google on wireless HDMI (+ Infrared) .On EB*y they are sold to.Just take one with a good remotecontrol.

Stanman
19-06-14, 17:19
google on wireless HDMI (+ Infrared) .On EB*y they are sold to.Just take one with a good remotecontrol.

Why spend so much if he can get signal to another telly, than use vu player or such like on phone to change channels etc?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

goosegog
19-06-14, 17:37
Hi,if youre reciever hasnt got a rf out i use a triax rf modulator.you will need a couple of scart leads.plus your run of sat cable to the 2nd tv.there is a slight loss of picture quality to the 2nd tv but you may lose the quality at both ends splitting the hdmi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
19-06-14, 17:47
rf-out/rf-modulator gives the lowest possible video quality.

bellejt
19-06-14, 17:53
@ stanman : the wireless HDMI transmitter sents the signal to a HDMI receiver in another room and with IR option he can even change channels on the remote telly.

ja5
19-06-14, 18:22
I use a neet hdmi splitter from ebay and a marmitek ir to control it. Works brilliant

Stanman
19-06-14, 19:21
@ stanman : the wireless HDMI transmitter sents the signal to a HDMI receiver in another room and with IR option he can even change channels on the remote telly.

I realised that mate but at 190 euro not cheap and if I was in his position for that price could buy a E2 box from the sponsor.

His already got the set up and could use the app to control other box as I often do to tell the kids to go to bef:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk