PDA

View Full Version : USB Tuners

DaMacFunkin
18-06-14, 19:32
How many USB Tuners does the duo2 support, and how many tuners in total.
Thanks.

Sicilian
18-06-14, 22:09
Couple of questions for you.

1) What internal tuner modules do you have on your Duo2?
2) Do the following channels clear ok on the Sundtek?

Channel 5 HD
BBC Two HD
Film 4HD
Sky Disney HD
Sci Fi & Horrer HD
CBBC Channel

DaMacFunkin
18-06-14, 22:40
My tuner config is:
A: vu+ (avl6222) dvbs-2 single 28.2
B: vu+ (avl6222) dvbs-2 usals
C: vu+ ssh108 dvb-c 40967
D: sundtek USB dvb-c 40967

I have my sundtek connected to loop out on vu+ dvb-c tuner with VM supplied coax, if I set a recording on tuner C, then zap all the channels you listed they all clear fine on tuner D.

The problem I am having is when I install my dvbsky 960 using dw2102 driver and then restart, my sundtek tuner disappears, a quick look at tuner information in sundtek control center shows stick is recognised but it's resources are being assigned/stolen by dvbsky 960 :-(
As soon as I uninstall dw2102 and reboot sundtek tuner reappears.

Sicilian
19-06-14, 04:53
Do as follows: -

Menu > Setup >System > Customise > Set tuner Preffered Tuner to Tuner D.

Now please try the channels listed. If they clear ok, check your whole VM list to see if channels clear on the Suntek.

Duo works perfect, but Duo2 has the odd issues if combined with a internal hybrid module.

Sicilian
19-06-14, 05:40
Ignore the above. Added a 5-1000MHz isolator, all ok.

Going back to your question, looks like a driver issue.

DaMacFunkin
19-06-14, 07:52
I agree, who to mither about it now, here or sundtek?

Sicilian
19-06-14, 07:55
ViX dont produce the drivers, Sundtek & dvbsky.

DaMacFunkin
19-06-14, 18:56
After posting my problem on the sundtek forum, Sundtek immediately stated they wouldn't provide any support, they never asked me for any logs or terminal info or extra information to look at, basically they have said it must be the other devices driver which isn't correct (which is exactly what I expected them to say).
The fact of the matter is that with both devices plugged in and both drivers installed, the dvb sky 960 works, the sundtek doesn't....
Further to this I have investigated and in this configuration the sundtek is adapter2, but the driver doesn't seem to install any support files (headend files) for adapter2....
Does anybody know who compiles the driver for dw2102? I'm sure it isn't actually dvbsky themselves, so I can ask their opinion.
Thanks.

Stanman
19-06-14, 19:19
Lack of support is why I got rid of my dvb stick from Sundtek, basically went to sleep after a while if not used and they blamed image rather than driver. Not impressed with their support

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Trial
19-06-14, 19:25
Hi,
in some German Sat boards Sundtek gives/gave direct support.

btw. it is the only company with STB support. With other companies you can feel lucky if they have some kind of linux driver.

ciao