PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Settings backup question

Ojustaboo
17-06-14, 09:32
Hi all, a couple of questions to help me make sure I backup what I want.

1) I presume when on the "backup Manager" screen and I press "menu" and choose files, it adds those files in addition to the normal backup and isn't only going to backup those chosen files?

2) Every time I reflash and restore settings, I loose all my programs timers that I've set up to record, can some kind soul tell me which file I need to add to my backup please?

Many thanks

ps, doesn't matter if I enter my build number as 008 or 8 in the entry info, it changes to apollo

Trial
17-06-14, 10:15
Hi,
the files are in addition as long as you do not disable some selections. Take a look into /etc the whole enigma2 should be selected and therefore included in the backup. If /etc/enigma2 is included your timer should be saved as they are stored in this folder.

ciao

Ojustaboo
17-06-14, 11:56
Thanks.

Just looked at what files are selected.

/etc/enigma2 is ticked, but if I go into that directory, nothing inside it is ticked, and there's a file called something like timers.xlr.

I flashed 008 and restored my settings from my previous Apollo version which was simply a backup created without me going into "choose Files", in other words, whatever was set to backup as default.

Doing that I lost my timers

Trial
17-06-14, 14:47
Hi,
when a directory is selected all files in this directory are saved.

ciao