PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] After reflashing from 003 to 007

momayaz
16-06-14, 02:37
hi Vixers

I just reflash my vu+uno with the new Apollo 007 .. and I did restore setting and plugins

after go checking on information .. I found that am still on Apollo 003 !!

1-is it because I restored ?

2-if I do a new reflash with 007 without restore .. and then restore later .. is it going to back to 003 too ?

3- if restore is still not possible with vix image please tell me .. because my setting is no way to start over from scratch .. I spent hours setting up and installing plugins :confused:

4- in time setting ( Kuwait, Riyadh +3 GMT ) is not active and time wont change if I choose that ... please help

thanks in advance and sorry for my too much questions :)

danivtec
16-06-14, 07:13
Just reflashed with 007 and restored from a settings backup from 004 and all is ok on a duo 2. Try reflashing again

momayaz
16-06-14, 08:48
Just reflashed with 007 and restored from a settings backup from 004 and all is ok on a duo 2. Try reflashing again

Thanks for your reply but you said due 2 and mine is uno
Sure its the same!

duoduo
16-06-14, 09:19
How are you flashing, USB or from download section on Receiver?

danivtec
16-06-14, 09:45
Did mine on download section.

isto
16-06-14, 15:50
It is needed to do with USB.

Sirius
16-06-14, 17:33
It is needed to do with USB.

Why? I thought flashing from download section (couch flashing) was the same thing as flashing from usb???

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

zola25
16-06-14, 18:02
Why? I thought flashing from download section (couch flashing) was the same thing as flashing from usb???

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

It is as far as i know

momayaz
16-06-14, 19:33
How are you flashing, USB or from download section on Receiver?

I used USB ..

but the guy who made it via download section got it done 100% without problems .. !!!

shall I try the download section like him ?

momayaz
16-06-14, 19:46
ok I did reflashing via download section .. and upgraded to 007 .. checked information and its 007
now I restored my 003 setting .. after check information its back to 003 :confused:

danivtec
16-06-14, 20:53
Maybe try starting from new and don't restore.

momayaz
16-06-14, 22:02
thanx my friend for your attention and replay .. but I need a "sure" answer .. not maybe ..
I need a logic answer that explains why the build # is back to 003 after restore only settings !!

is it a bug !! is it 007 and just ignore the build # showing on information ?
does this happens to all vix builds when restoring ? or only this build .. so I can wait for fix ..

thanks again guys for your attention

abu baniaz
16-06-14, 22:06
You may have restored the image instaed of settings, or left the USB stick in and the receiver flashed it unknowingly

Describe your actions, step by step.

momayaz
17-06-14, 02:19
You may have restored the image instaed of settings, or left the USB stick in and the receiver flashed it unknowingly

Describe your actions, step by step.

am sure am restoring from a " setting " file .. not a full image backup

1st try :

reflash Apollo 007 via USB and restore setting from 003 backup already saved on internal HDD in 1st steps of wizard .. when I check on about--information .. the build is 003 not 007

2nd try:
reflash Apollo 007 via download section on VIX image manager .. and didn't restore .. check info its 007 .. after restore setting .. check info its back to 003

what I do when I save setting is : go to setup/VIX/Backup Manager/ and make a new backup .. is this correct for doing setting backup ?? if yes .. then am restoring from setting not full image
for full image backup I go to setup/VIX/image Manager ..

abu baniaz
17-06-14, 03:53
what I do when I save setting is : go to setup/VIX/Backup Manager/ and make a new backup .. is this correct for doing setting backup ??

Yes, this is correct way of settings backup.

momayaz
17-06-14, 04:07
Yes, this is correct way of settings backup.

ok !!

then why am getting build # 003 again after restore ?:confused:

Larry-G
17-06-14, 04:42
ok !!

then why am getting build # 003 again after restore ?:confused:

Your not, thats likely just a corruption of the about / information screen. You can not restore to a previous image using a settings backup. Ideally we would need a debug / serial log of the setrings resrore in order to track this down further.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

momayaz
17-06-14, 05:15
Your not, thats likely just a corruption of the about / information screen. You can not restore to a previous image using a settings backup. Ideally we would need a debug / serial log of the setrings resrore in order to track this down further

1-So it is actually 007.. And just ignore the about information and wait for future fix?

2- you asked me to send you something that can help fixing this? Cuz i didn't get your last words

Larry-G
17-06-14, 05:38
Yes it is build 007, restoring a settings backup can not change the image version but it may have corrupted the about / information screen.

A debug log from you during the time of the settings backup being restored may help us find out whats is happening here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

momayaz
17-06-14, 06:28
A debug log from you during the time of the settings backup being restored may help us find out whats is happening here.

Am glad to help.. How to take a debug log during restore?

femilovechild
17-06-14, 12:10
I've actually raised up this issue when I updated from Helios 017 to Apollo 001. I've updated up to Apollo 007 now and my info section still says Helios 017. I've just ignored it since I know it's actually Apollo. Just annoying seeing it say Helios instead of of the right build version.