PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 007 has been released. Reflash required.

abu baniaz
14-06-14, 17:16
EDIT 15/06/2014 21:40pm: Since release we have found an issue with network adapter settings causing a crash. Backup and restore working fine. If you need to keep your current network settings, ensure you create a settings backup to restore. Instructions below how to backup and restore.

Owing to various issues, online updating to the latest image is not possible. A reflash is required.

Some of the reasons for this are some makes of receiver require the shut down module to be replaced. As soon as you remove it, the receiver shuts down. A similar issue applies to the network device.

Although not required, it is good practice to make a full image backup of your current system. You can then save the image to our PC and quickly restore it should need arise.

Blue Button > Vix > Image Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxNr1WlSHE
The following stage is required. (Ignore if you want to want to set everything up from scratch)

Blue Button > Vix > Backup Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiTIPbSIsFg

Download the latest image from www.openvix.co.uk (http://www.openvix.co.uk) and flash the image.
You can also use the USB flashing method. Refer to the existing USB flashing guides for your receiver. Click here for flashing guides (http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/Flashing%20Guides)

An alternative to the USB method, is to use the Image Manager to download an image and then flash it (Couch flashing). Available to TM users after Apollo 006 if they do not restore settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7fI8Sr7wcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jhIM-Xx_Is

After the first few steps of the First Install Wizard, you will be asked if you want to restore your settings/plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6XoUJE99GE

If there is a problem, try again without a restore.

This thread is not for reporting problems/issues. Please start your own thread for issues that arise

abu baniaz
15-06-14, 17:28
Additional PiP modes have been merged. Exiting PIP on the following makes results in audio only and black screen. You have to restart E2

Miraclebox, Venton, XPEED.

kiwiz
15-06-14, 17:36
another reflash

judge
15-06-14, 17:42
Because of this PLI merge on boxes that do support PIP, you now have multiple PIP options, including BiGPiP (audio of one radio or TV channel, full screen TV of another channel). There is still an issue to be fixed on the boxes abu baniaz mentions above.

Screenshots don't show the second screen, but should give you an idea.
Blue button -> blue button to enable PiP. With PiP enabled, blue button -> green button -> 0 to toggle through different PiP modes.

35351 35349 35347 35345

35350 35348 35346 35344

lemi
15-06-14, 17:44
another reflash
You,really,can save us from such a comments.Nobody force you to re-flash.:mad:
End of rant

mrxbox360
15-06-14, 18:34
Both my solo2 boxes updated & restored from apollo 003 to 007 in under 10 mins thx vix team :cool:

Larry-G
15-06-14, 18:34
another reflash

You could have reflashed and restored a working settings backup, in about the same amount of time it took you to moan about reflashing in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wizard55
15-06-14, 18:44
Tbh I don't think he is moaning. We have had to reflash quite a bit lately. Every time there is a new image after build 002 another reflash. Although Vix is my favourite image it takes me quite a while to reflash due to baby proofing my equipment. I just hope this is the end of the flashing... PS I not am not ranting..

TopBuzz
15-06-14, 18:48
I just done an online update to 007 on the duo2 and seems to be working ok, should I still reflash?

...just noticed it still shows as 003 in info

Wizard55
15-06-14, 18:49
yes mate... online update wont work from 003 to 007

nsw9154
15-06-14, 18:53
I have APOLLO 3 Saved on a separate memory stick along with a full image and backup of my current settings Simples :thumbsup:

bellejt
15-06-14, 19:51
online not working but full reflash works perfect.Restoring settings also.Took 5 minutes to full restore.Thx a lot for the good work.:)

Alanp
15-06-14, 19:52
Tbh I don't think he is moaning. We have had to reflash quite a bit lately. Every time there is a new image after build 002 another reflash. Although Vix is my favourite image it takes me quite a while to reflash due to baby proofing my equipment. I just hope this is the end of the flashing... PS I not am not ranting..

If you have your settings backed up and restore these setting re-flashing to a working image should only take 5 mins

gordyboy
15-06-14, 19:57
just wondering if a full flash will be required for future updates or back to on line updating?

Wizard55
15-06-14, 19:58
lol if you read my post I said I baby proofed my equipment .. that's the time not the reflash. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

If you have your settings backed up and restore these setting re-flashing to a working image should only take 5 mins

barry2012
15-06-14, 20:04
Just done apollo 7 was wondering after putting photos of my 1st grandchild as bootloader using xorion it doesnt seem to work
just reverts to default bootloader.. ps excellent work on apollo no need to rant over updates

guitarman
15-06-14, 20:30
Apollo 7 installed from pen stick onto VU+solo2. Setting up WLAN through networks is causing box to crash and reboot.. any ideas?

TopBuzz
15-06-14, 20:58
My Duo2 crashed aswell when selecting LAN then OK at the end of the setup process.

judge
15-06-14, 21:06
Apollo 7 installed from pen stick onto VU+solo2. Setting up WLAN through networks is causing box to crash and reboot.. any ideas?

My Duo2 crashed aswell when selecting LAN then OK at the end of the setup process.

We are aware of the issue. For now, please use the network wizard.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device setup -> Network wizard.

Sicilian
15-06-14, 21:10
I've now set feeds back to unstable due to this network adapters issue.

girginoz
15-06-14, 21:14

same here with gigablue 800 se: though not wlan, local connection.

s1m0nw
15-06-14, 21:14
Oooo just in time. Ive just couch flash box lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

guitarman
15-06-14, 21:30
I've now set feeds back to unstable due to this network adapters issue.

Hello Sicilian, when looking at the networks adapter issue I just posted about, would you be also be kind enough to check the bug with getting the "network neighborhood" to expand when in WLAN mode. This for me has stopped functioning since HELIOS / APOLLO updates. Worked really well in VIX 775.
Although I can setup my network drive manually, I am having to "mount again" every time I reboot my Solo2 to find the network drive.
Thanks

judge
15-06-14, 21:32
I am having to "mount again" every time I reboot my Solo2 to find the network drive.
Thanks

Sounds lke a local issue on your network? no issues with this on any box including Solo2 here.

Sicilian
15-06-14, 21:37
We are aware of the issue. For now, please use the network wizard.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device setup -> Network wizard.

Doesn't work, same crash, just test here.

bellejt
15-06-14, 21:38
no probs here updating with usb stick on duo2.My lan is on fixed ip.

hilly
15-06-14, 21:40
apollo 3 settings not compatible,saved on usb but having to set up all new.

gordyboy
15-06-14, 22:12
Apollo seems to be a disaster are people clutching at straws?

judge
15-06-14, 22:16

Yeah, maybe you are. A disaster???

Sicilian
15-06-14, 22:19

We try to test as much as possible, but unfortunately we're not able to find every single bug. If you don't like Apollo, don't use it, simple....:rolleyes:

seame
15-06-14, 22:32
Tbf it has been a bit of a disaster but thats only by the standards vix has set. I might sound like an old fogey but some of you don't realise how easy you have it. The standard of images teams nowadays is unbelievably high, be thankful.

If something isn't working or your not happy about it then try to fix it yourself instead of complaining and bitching about it.

judge
15-06-14, 23:07
Tbf it has been a bit of a disaster

A matter of opinion really. A well set-up Apollo build is just as stable as any other previous builds. Yes, we're still finding bugs, but no previous ViX or any other team release is without bugs.
Apollo build 007 is no different & working perfectly here with some fantastic new features.
Some issues still need to be iorned out, but if you don't want to use an updated image with new features, please stick to an image you're happy with.

rossi2000
15-06-14, 23:24
on another note:-
if you use red and blue skins, its prob best to use the latest build aswell.
andy has coded/implemented quite a few bits and bobs to make some things possible on the skins.

some things may not function or look correct onscreen if on an older build.

seame
15-06-14, 23:35
Tongue and cheek :) A hiccup I'd call it not a disaster

gordyboy
15-06-14, 23:57
hiccup I am not so sure. Look at the evidence you cant update online and when people are re flashing they are experiencing problems with the old chestnut "we cant predict every bug". What happened to the old days of success when people looked forward to Vix images and updates. Why are the images so unstable now? Whats been the change?

BubbleBalls
16-06-14, 00:01
Have no colour buttons in quick EPG

judge
16-06-14, 00:08
hiccup I am not so sure. Look at the evidence you cant update online and when people are re flashing they are experiencing problems with the old chestnut "we cant predict every bug". What happened to the old days of success when people looked forward to Vix images and updates. Why are the images so unstable now? Whats been the change?

What happend to the old days when online updates didn't exist?
We've made it as easy as possible to update, including video tutorials in the OP.
What more can be done?
Don't think this thread should have ever been open to comment.

This thread is not for reporting problems/issues. Please start your own thread for issues that arise
If YOU have genuine issues, please report them in your own thread rather than banging on a non existent drum.

judge
16-06-14, 00:10
Have no colour buttons in quick EPG

Known issue since release, being worked on...

seame
16-06-14, 00:20
Can't update online? Before online updates you had to download and install a program on your pc to flash an image or run a cable between box and pc. Be thankful you can complete 99% of updates online, don't bitch about the other 1%.

jonkins
16-06-14, 05:29
thank you for the info

Normski
16-06-14, 10:16
I have updated my ExpedeLX3 in about 5 mins thanks

Normski
16-06-14, 10:17
updated updated updated expedeLX3 in about 5 minutes thanks

rte
16-06-14, 10:34
Can you include bootlogo-pics and spinners in the settings backup? I would like to keep my own but now I have to re-insert them after reflash.

barry2012
16-06-14, 11:32
These people that slate apollo why not make your own image saves the winging over problems were theres people going out
of the way to fix:finger::finger:

judge
16-06-14, 11:39
Can you include bootlogo-pics and spinners in the settings backup? I would like to keep my own but now I have to re-insert them after reflash.

Add them to your back-up yourself as not everyone would want this.
In Backup Manager, press menu then yellow button to add any files you like to your backup.

rte
16-06-14, 12:20
Add them to your back-up yourself as not everyone would want this.
In Backup Manager, press menu then yellow button to add any files you like to your backup.

Thank you, I was not aware of this option.

jacquesy90
16-06-14, 13:52
Updated without a hitch in 5 mins as per reflash thats needed, not a problem.

@ rte My bootlogos etc were restored using a standard settings backup. :thumbsup:

Happy days.

After many hours of flashing different images, imo apollo is miles ahead of any of its competitors.

There is obv going to be bugs in new builds and VIX always sort things out.

Everyone whos moaning go and flash one of the other snide images lol :D

invisiblelayer
16-06-14, 14:02
doesn't take long, most annoying for me is fiddling around with the usb taking picons off so can flash, done in no time though with settings backup. Trouble is gonna have to pop out to update a couple of boxes for family again. Hope its solved so online updates soon. Great image so no issues for me

rossi2000
16-06-14, 14:05
doesn't take long, most annoying for me is fiddling around with the usb taking picons off so can flash, done in no time though with settings backup. Trouble is gonna have to pop out to update a couple of boxes for family again. Hope its solved so online updates soon. Great image so no issues for me

use the image manager to download the latest image and flash it from image manager (blue button "restore"). it wont do anything to your usb stick and everyhting will still be there after a reflash :)

invisiblelayer
16-06-14, 14:25
use the image manager to download the latest image and flash it from image manager (blue button "restore"). it wont do anything to your usb stick and everyhting will still be there after a reflash :)

thanks :thumbsup: never paid any attention to this always put on on the usb myself

abu baniaz
16-06-14, 14:34
You did not even watch the videos in post 1?

fast65
16-06-14, 14:36
hi,
just installed this via Image Manager. All seems well except that when I go to network /device setup/adapter settings it crashes the box. Network seems to be working ok. One other small thing I have noticed when restoring after a reflash, it seems to put most plugins back but never the Linuxsat addons, and also does not restore skin, but goes to default Vix skin. This is not a major problem, only takes a few minutes to correct. Just wondered if it is something devs are aware of.

regards

specialized
16-06-14, 15:15
I recently purchased a Miraclebox mini premium combo , I set up and renamed FAVS bouquets to suit and swapped channels around to the same I had on my old VU+ DUO.
I backed up the settings but after flashing to the latest falsh I restored the backup but all the bouquets and channels disappeared , it reverted to the catsseye settings I installed when I bought it last week.

should it do this or is there a way to save my homebrew bouquets ? im at the moment on Apollo 005

The Lambton Worm
16-06-14, 18:22
What files do I need to backup so that my network works? I've done everything as per the instructions in post #1 but my network settings aren't being restored. I also get the 'feeds down for maintenance' message too.

Sicilian
16-06-14, 18:26
Guys, for support questions please open threads in ViX Support section.

Thread now closed. Build 008 is currently running and should resolve most issues.

Sicilian
17-06-14, 06:46
Build 008 released.