PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C Signal level issues

Alanp
13-06-14, 07:39
Since I installed Apollo 3 the Cable signal has been spot on I was getting 90% SNR & 48% AGC no break up Excellent picture Quality
probably because I am tuned in to my proper aria 00010 for Teeside and the ABM is spot on shame i can only watch about 10 cable channels
any way the Miraclebox is packed back in it's box :eek:
I receive my Shiny New Golden Interstar LX3 with 3 Sat and 1 Cable tuner tomorrow from the Sponsors :D my Solo2 Spoilt me I need the speed :cool:

My SNR is 65% and AGC 76% i do get some channels breaking up (what would be a good signal level) and whats the best method to measure cable signal without spending lots Thanks for any help

DaMacFunkin
13-06-14, 19:01
The most sensitive HD mux in my area is the one that carries sky sports HD 1, if that is garbled or black then signal is too low, if it is fine and there are no channels showing streaky lines then the signal is just right, if you get streaky lines on your picture the signal is too strong and needs attenuating.

DaMacFunkin
13-06-14, 19:02
P.s. I wouldn't go off signal level and agc, per sae, different tuners report them differently.

Alanp
13-06-14, 19:11
The most sensitive HD mux in my area is the one that carries sky sports HD 1, if that is garbled or black then signal is too low, if it is fine and there are no channels showing streaky lines then the signal is just right, if you get streaky lines on your picture the signal is too strong and needs attenuating.

Thanks for the info my worst channel is Watch HD which I do get streaky lines which normally turns into no picture with a tune failed message saying that garbled or black is also a symptom but normally with streaky lines (horizontal) first

DaMacFunkin
14-06-14, 06:28
No if you lose channel it is too weak, by streaks i mean like a phasing over the picture that is when the signal is to strong, i used to live right next to my green cabinet 20 odd years ago and i had to be on the lowest tap point with a 12 and a 6 (18db) attenuator on the back of the box to stop the streaky lines.

Alanp
14-06-14, 09:32
No if you lose channel it is too weak, by streaks i mean like a phasing over the picture that is when the signal is to strong, i used to live right next to my green cabinet 20 odd years ago and i had to be on the lowest tap point with a 12 and a 6 (18db) attenuator on the back of the box to stop the streaky lines.

Thanks very much for your help fitted a 10db attenuator to the back of the box picture no solid at all times very happy