PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] Can't see Media Player in Main Menu after upgrade to Apollo

Dimus
13-06-14, 21:39
Hi, I'm recently decided to upgrade my Solo 2 to new image as the old stopped being supported. One of the main features I liked in the old version was builtin Media Player that was accessible from Main Menu as top option. Now after upgrade I can't find this Media Player anywhere, not on the Main Menu not in plugins or downloadable list of possible plugins. Has this been removed from the new image?

judge
13-06-14, 21:52
Must have been a pretty old build you updated from?
Anyway, just use the file list button, the button to the right of Menu on the Solo2 remote control.

Dimus
13-06-14, 22:00
It was, I was doing time to time some updates but never had to do any reinstalls.
The button on the right always going to recorded movies location, I was using the old movie player to watch movies from my shared drive. I can use this one to watch movies from that drive but that will require changing location every time. Is there any other worth looking at plugins that I can use?

judge
13-06-14, 22:11
It will remember the last location you used & try to use that if still available.
You can also set up bookmarks, just press the menu button when in file list mode.
Not sure how the previous plugin handled network locations as it's been so long since I used it....

Dimus
13-06-14, 22:17
Ok, I'll give it a try, in previous you could set up playlist that would be remembered next time you reopened it, do you guys have any idea why it was removed?

abu baniaz
13-06-14, 22:18
I cant remember seeing Media Player in the main menu either. Are you sure its not media browser?

Media/List button opens last used location IIRC. Have you added bookmarks to your shared locations?

judge
13-06-14, 22:22
I cant remember seeing Media Player in the main menu either.

It was in early ViX builds. We should have all the same funcionality & a lot more now though.

s1m0nw
13-06-14, 22:32
There is a media player plugin out there but it's pretty old dated 2009, So chances are it probably won't work with vix but that's for one of the team to answer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
13-06-14, 22:38
There is a media player plugin out there but it's pretty old dated 2009, So chances are it probably won't work with vix but that's for one of the team to answer.

Yes, that's probably the one the OP is asking about & should no longer be needed.

Dimus
13-06-14, 22:43
It defo wasnt movie browser plugin, but as you guys saying media player. My image was the recent one when I bought solo 2 a year ago so it cant be that old as 2009. :eek: :)

cryptsofrayz
19-06-14, 15:57
I seem to have a similar problem on vu +solo. I upgraded the software and have lost the tsmedia plugin from the menu list. I also get a message about a missing plugin extension/TS media module bz3.

Dimus
20-06-14, 18:06
Solved it! After missing it very much decided to swap images to OpenPLI, BH, VTI as each of them seems to have Media Player installed by default but not Vix for some reason. Using Vix for more than a year had its effect that I couldn't get use to other images, was missing shortcuts and features. This got me thinking that there should be a package that we can add to image and found Media Player 2 page: https://code.google.com/p/mediaplayer2-for-sh4/. I've just installed it on Apollo 8 and can confirm it works as expected, and I can go back to use my loved Vix image!

Larry-G
20-06-14, 20:16
Solved it! After missing it very much decided to swap images to OpenPLI, BH, VTI as each of them seems to have Media Player installed by default but not Vix for some reason. Using Vix for more than a year had its effect that I couldn't get use to other images, was missing shortcuts and features. This got me thinking that there should be a package that we can add to image and found Media Player 2 page: https://code.google.com/p/mediaplayer2-for-sh4/. I've just installed it on Apollo 8 and can confirm it works as expected, and I can go back to use my loved Vix image!

ViX had the exact same media player installed as all the other images by default. Just press the media / playlist button to open it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dimus
20-06-14, 20:43
Are you referring to button on the right of Menu button that shows the list of recordings? If 'yes' that is good for recordings but I prefer a separate media player for watching movies

Larry-G
21-06-14, 06:12
Are you referring to button on the right of Menu button that shows the list of recordings? If 'yes' that is good for recordings but I prefer a separate media player for watching movies

There is no such thing as a separate media player, all the media player button does is open the inbuilt media player which as already stated has it's own dedicated button on the remote any way.

Rob van der Does
21-06-14, 06:20
Guys, what a pile of misunderstandings :confused:

First of all: TS-Media has nothing to do with this. So please don't highjack this tread for TS-Media issues.

Secondly: we indeed used to have a plugin, named 'media player'. Many images still have this installed by default.
But as this is a very old and never maintained plugin, we decided to leave it out (ages ago). The 'file list-button' (can have different names for different brands) does the trick: it opens the list of recordings (on the last seen location) and has a lot of functionality build in.
But: unfortunately creating and playing playlists is not embedded. If you want that (for music) 'YAmp' is an alternative and available from the feeds.