PDA

View Full Version : Satellite broadband query

Fredyflame
11-06-14, 20:52
Very new so forgive my ignorance
I am looking for a satellite system for mid France to receive broadband and free sat tv
Can I get both on the one dish or do I need 2 separate dishes?
Broadband providers are ses and tooway who supply their kit through 3rd party

untitled
11-06-14, 22:10
Very new so forgive my ignorance
I am looking for a satellite system for mid France to receive broadband and free sat tv
Can I get both on the one dish or do I need 2 separate dishes?
Broadband providers are ses and tooway who supply their kit through 3rd party

You can get a dish that has 2 lnb's but the broadband would then come from 23.5 NOT 28.2, last time I checked the service for broadband on 23.5 was only up to 10mbps or less, you will need to check, they may have stopped doing it all together?
the best service comes from 28.2 but you cannot have 2 lnbs on 1 dish pointing to the same satellite.
I think also that tooway now use 28.2 instead of 8 W as congestion is less frequent on 28.2

Fredyflame
11-06-14, 22:41
You can get a dish that has 2 lnb's but the broadband would then come from 23.5 NOT 28.2, last time I checked the service for broadband on 23.5 was only up to 10mbps or less, you will need to check, they may have stopped doing it all together?
the best service comes from 28.2 but you cannot have 2 lnbs on 1 dish pointing to the same satellite.
I think also that tooway now use 28.2 instead of 8 W as congestion is less frequent on 28.2

When you say you can't have 2 lnbs on one dish pointing to same satellite. Does this mean it's the lnbs that you line up to the satellites.so to 2 different ones.?

untitled
15-06-14, 22:36
you can't have 2 lnbs on the same dish pointing to 28.2, the first option i said was the b-band from 23.5 and the TV from 28.2, there is an arm that holds 2 x lnbs in the right positions.
you can't however have 2 x lnbs on a dish both receiving signals from 28.2, they have to be different positions

barry2012
16-06-14, 11:46

I had problems with Bt broadband after changing from sk.y

sk.y had put multi-room LNB on dish when the four Bt vans came out
the Bt engineer said i had Four Lnb on my basic dish when i looked i did
Theres oviously 5 on the above PHOTO

As to the company Toway the ping that you get from the satelite internet is very high
i was going to get it but was told its good for the highlands on cairngorms mountains
were theres no internet connection,but unusable due to the ping strength
dont understand but 4 watchin tv its useless