PDA

View Full Version : New box - advice on image and epg

theballboy
11-06-14, 10:18
Hi Guys, I recently purchased a Mediaart ultra 7 hybrid box (sat/android) which just aint doing the job it was intended to do (xbmc and sat in one box) - having issues all around and only a pathetic now and next epg

SOOO.
I'm gonna grab a linux box instead and run xbmc separately in another box (maybe look at viewing sat box in PVR add on in xbmc but not a big deal)

Basically Im looking at the vu boxes or cloud box
Would appreciate any comments on the reliability of the cloud box vs vu as Im aware they are clones

Im looking for an image that will give me a solid, reliable, updateable 7 day epg (sky like preferable but stable and fast more important)

Appreciate any comments on this
Thanks in advance

Maxwell
11-06-14, 10:23
You will get no help regarding cloud boxes here, re read the rules you only just agreed to !

theballboy
11-06-14, 12:04
You will get no help regarding cloud boxes here, re read the rules you only just agreed to !

Ok thanks. Just reread. Didn't see "clone" reference till there now. Actually just found out that box is a clone. Wasn't aware. Actually trying to wade my way through boxes to establish how to identify one from genuine as so many

Stanman
11-06-14, 12:06
If you buy from the sponsor it will be genuine.

As for clones just read up on the issues people had with chip being corrupted after a recent driver update.

What started out as cheap ended up costing more than an orginal box.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
11-06-14, 16:15
The main points with clones are safety and support.

Most clones are sold as a cheap alternative to the more expensive receivers and that is largely down to the cheap, substandard parts they use, which often result in serious and potentially deadly hardware failures.Then there is the complete lack of any image support meaning when things do go wrong you are pretty much on your own.

Maxwell
11-06-14, 17:23
Ok thanks. Just reread. Didn't see "clone" reference till there now. Actually just found out that box is a clone. Wasn't aware

Is that so ?

here is a reminder of your first post

Would appreciate any comments on the reliability of the cloud box vs vu as Im aware they are clones

Buying from the sponsor will ensure you have a genuine unit whichever you decide on

skronk
11-06-14, 17:39
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :eek: