PDA

View Full Version : [TM-TWIN-OE] Pausing AVI isn't working properly

docsavage
09-06-14, 20:51
TM TWIN OE
ViX Apollo 003

ViX Night HD skin

I just thought I would post this in case it's a bug.

When Playing an avi if i press pause it pauses but when i press play to resume it's like it hasn't paused at all and plays further in so you end up missing loads of the movie etc. Then If I try to rewind to watch the bits I have missed, it goes all the way back to the beginning of the avi.

abu baniaz
09-06-14, 21:49
There was a post recently which mentioned something about avi files not having indexing.

Recorded programmes work fine. Tried an avi file, not sure what codecs it has been encoed with, but pause/replay works with slight rewind. I could also use the seek bar. Stopped teh movie and was asked to resume, that woked fine.

Could you try with another file?

dfox
09-06-14, 23:29
TM TWIN OE
ViX Apollo 003

ViX Night HD skin

I just thought I would post this in case it's a bug.

When Playing an avi if i press pause it pauses but when i press play to resume it's like it hasn't paused at all and plays further in so you end up missing loads of the movie etc. Then If I try to rewind to watch the bits I have missed, it goes all the way back to the beginning of the avi.

I have had this issue also. Both in AVI & MP4 files when I stream them from network mount. Recordings are fine but when I pause a film playing from a network mount the picture pauses but the time remaining keeps going down for another 20 seconds and then stops. So when I resume playback it jumps and starts playing 20 seconds later into the film.

judge
09-06-14, 23:40
Recordings are fine but when I pause a film playing from a network mount the picture pauses but the time remaining keeps going down for another 20 seconds and then stops. So when I resume playback it jumps and starts playing 20 seconds later into the film.
Noticed that too. Depends on box/speed of box used & encoding of file being viewed.
TM2T takes about 10 seconds on some files to pause, network or HDD. TM-Nano-Super & VU Solo2 takes about 2 seconds on same file.

dfox
09-06-14, 23:46
Noticed that too. Depends on box/speed of box used & encoding of file being viewed.
TM2T takes about 10 seconds on some files to pause, network or HDD. TM-Nano-Super & VU Solo2 takes about 2 seconds on same file.

Thanks Judge. Probably between 15&20 seconds on TM Single.

judge
10-06-14, 00:38
Thanks Judge. Probably between 15&20 seconds on TM Single.

Try encoding files with HandBrake (http://handbrake.fr/), fixes most files on most boxes for me.

dfox
10-06-14, 16:28
Try encoding files with HandBrake (http://handbrake.fr/), fixes most files on most boxes for me.

Will do. Cheers