PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] Bootloader Question

Bluto141
09-06-14, 15:02
I am trying to install new image openvix apollo 003 so I can use the new cable tuner I have, I have tried to flash the above image without success can you advise.
Do I need to use a bootloader prior to flashing, or is their no longer a need to use bootloader any longer.

The most up to date bootloader I can see is dated December 2012

I have always had issues getting this box to flash so do not know if it is the requirements of bootoader or not that is causing the issue..

For the record I use the rear usb port and always unplug from mains before using USB

Thanks

Sicilian
09-06-14, 17:55
If your using a UE you cannot use the new Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2, it must be the older DVB-C/T version.

Bluto141
09-06-14, 18:19
Thanks for the reply, it is a Gigablue 800 SE HD if that is what you mean, sorry if I am not making myself clear.

Bluto141
10-06-14, 17:28
After 3 days of trying this I am still at the same stage.
I try using the most update bootloader, and the box sits on boot and nothing happens, so i try in the hope that the image will flsh, I put in the inmage still nothing the boc sits on boot, it will do nothing until I remove the usb and it will load as normal.
So here is what I do.
Format usb with the old bp format tool to fat 32.
Install the bootlader onto usb..
power down the box.
Plug in usg with boot loader.
Plug in power supply....(box sits on boot and does nothing.
Power down the box
Take out usb stick
Format usb as above
install image into root directory of usb
put usb back in the usb port in the back of the box
power on the box, wait for message conf (but it never comes on)

Try this numerous times with no success
I will say I do not mess with setting, once the box is running I do not experiment, however from day one I have had issues with this box and getting an image on it..

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to pass on the knowledge..

I have tried various usb sticks.

I open my problem to the floor..

HELP :confused:

s1m0nw
10-06-14, 18:52
has this box already had an image loaded onto it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bluto141
10-06-14, 20:20
yes as in the info above it has a vix image on it, thanks for asking

s1m0nw
10-06-14, 21:41
u dont need to flash bootloader.

try a pen drive thats leas than 4gb and put it in the back usb port

switch power on, wait for 'conf' and quickly press ok button on box and that should be it.

also what version of vix do you have on your box at the moment?

Bluto141
12-06-14, 14:47
Hi
Ok state of play
Tried 2 pen drives smaller than 2 gig
Vix Version 3.0 Build 750

I have had no luck
Even just trying to reboot can take up to 10 attempts or it is stuck on boot.
today for the first time i got a moment when it read USB, then continued to load as normal.

NOT ONCE HAS IT SHOWN CONF

I do not want to system restore incase I can not get an image on this atall

s1m0nw
12-06-14, 15:20
try the other way....

mount one of your usb pen drives as a hdd

goto menu
setup
vix
backup manager
create a backup

then,

menu
setup
vix
image manager
press yellow button for downloads
select image you want
go back to image manager and click on the downloaded image

hope this helps - remember if the image loads successfully you need need to set everything up again cant use a settings backup.

Bluto141
15-06-14, 15:51
The box is a heap.
I get stuck on Reflash image, please wait until your Gigablue HD 800 SE reboots, this may take a few minutes..
I waited over an hour with no luck...looks like i either forget about using tha cble tuner, or try factory reset, and with this crap usb loading I dont give much hope for the factory reset..
Even trying a simple reboot of the system can take more than 10 attempts to get it past boot..

My advice, stay away from Gigabloodyblue

However thank you to S1m0nw as you have taken the time to try and help, it is appreciated, it looks like, unless you have a new box most are not interested

Andy_Hazza
15-06-14, 16:04
With Quads the rear usb is best to flash from and a Kingston usb are usually best.

Andy_Hazza
15-06-14, 16:06
What is the file structure of the file on your usb?

Andy_Hazza
15-06-14, 16:09
Root of usb should be;

gigablue > se > then in se should have 5 files ??

lemi
15-06-14, 17:13
I always flash my GigaBlue UE using front usb plug.What folder you load to usb? You have to extract image and load "gigablue" folder to usb.

Joe_90
15-06-14, 17:21
I've only ever used the front USB socket on my GB Quad Plus and it's never caused an issue. I wonder if you have used a faulty bootloader? I certainly wouldn't go changing the bootloader in the first place unless a particular image required it.

judge
15-06-14, 17:27
With Quads the rear usb is best to flash from and a Kingston usb are usually best.
I always flash my GBQuad using the front USB port & any random USB stick, never had any issues.

Bluto141
15-06-14, 19:03
Thanks guys but I can form this is
GigaBlue 800 HD SE....NOT UE or QUAD.

The file structure has been tried as

USB
GB
SE
5 files

Also tried
USB
GB

Also tried both FRONT and BACK usb ports..

Thanks Folks

rossi2000
15-06-14, 19:14
read post #13

Bluto141
16-06-14, 12:12
Read and understood post 13, however if you read my posts, you will see i have tried variations of the usb, and if I can not appear to get the machine to recognize anything in the rear usb port, i am struggling

s1m0nw
16-06-14, 16:12
Did you try using image manager??

garryboy
16-06-14, 16:23
Have u formatted the USB using the HP format tool. Both my vu duo and my xp1000 won't reflash unless I format the USB stick on my PC using that tool

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lemi
16-06-14, 19:43
Read and understood post 13, however if you read my posts, you will see i have tried variations of the usb, and if I can not appear to get the machine to recognize anything in the rear usb port, i am strugglingAnd,yet,you didn't even think about to try front usb port:confused:

Bluto141
16-06-14, 23:07
Lemi of course I have tried the FRONT port..thanks for that,

garryboy, yes that is what I use

S1m0n, yes I did try but as stated above in post 10 it freezes then on reboot I am stuck with the old image..

s1m0nw
17-06-14, 13:33
Right ive just dusted off my gigablue hd 800 se its on vix 3.0.800.

Will update and report back findings

s1m0nw
17-06-14, 13:59
Report....

Got 4gb kingston datatraveller plugged into front usb port

Transfered gigablue folder from latest image from phone to hdd mounted kingston

Pulled cable out at back of box

Plugged it back

Waited for conf to display then pressed ok button on the front of box

Load on display took about 5 mins to load

Now got setup screen for vix apollo v008

lemi
17-06-14, 18:57
Lemi of course I have tried the FRONT port..thanks for that,

garryboy, yes that is what I use

S1m0n, yes I did try but as stated above in post 10 it freezes then on reboot I am stuck with the old image..You can try this....Extract hd800se_bootloader_08-08-2012 zip.Load the two files(no folder) to USB and flash your GBSE.Unplug receiver,format usb,extract gigablue-se-cfe-20120831 zip, load "gigablue"folder to usb,flash receiver.Unplug receiver,format usb,load Apollo8,flash receiver....

khan888
17-06-14, 19:06
I have this same problem sometimes on my gigablue 800ue. Mine boots up when the hdmi cable is unplugged then plugged back in on booting. I'd flash with everything disconnected from your receiver and plug your hdmi cable in when it's booting back up.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk