Paceno
07-06-14, 23:24
Vu+ Duo
Version 3
Build 716
Drivers 31/7/13
Last update 9/8/13
Motorised dish

Have had a Duo working perfectly on a motorised set up for a good few months. Today, I did a manual scan for more satellites (as I've only ever had 3 satellites in my list, thought I should add more). This worked, found 7000+ odd new channels. I then went into ABM as I thought that I needed to do this to show me what was on those newly found channels. Since then, my motorised dish points way out west and it will not move.

I have tried to update the image but it tells me the feeds are down for maintenance. I have installed a backup image from July 13 but same issue. When I go into AB and look for FreeSat &/or Sky UK, it fails. If I try to find a channel on a new satellite, the countdown appears in the top left of the screen but it gets to -03:00 and then fails (the dish doesn't move) with "Tune failed" message.

I'm not sure what I should do. The dish itself displays a green power light although it does also go red

Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve.

Apologies if I have not given you all the correct info to decipher issue, let me know what else and I will post

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 00:17
Welcome back.

You wont be able to downlaod anything from the servers, they have been removed. I would start by flashing the bootloader of your duo and then flashing the latest image. Both on openvix.co.uk

Are you in the UK? Only asking if you are affected by the spot beam changes a few months ago.

Paceno
08-06-14, 07:47
Thanks, will download both. Do they have to be on USB or can I upload directly to box (via FTP)? If so, what folder do they need to go in?

Yes, in UK but don't understand spot beam u reference?

Paceno
08-06-14, 09:40
Have done the bootloader and then installed a new image (now have the new background picture). When it tries to tune, it fails and the satellite dish is still pointing way out west.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 09:45
Have you configured your tuners correctly? I.e do they match what is attached to them?

Does your motor still move?

Paceno
08-06-14, 09:52
Tuner A: BCM7335 DVB-S2 NIM (intrnal) (DVB-S2), Positioner:USALS
Tuner B: Single

Dish hasn't moved since this happened

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 09:58
You have another dish connected?

Paceno
08-06-14, 10:03
Nope, single set up

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 10:19
The golden rule is that your software setup must match the hardware setup.

There is no dish connected to the second tuner, but you have told the receiver there is. The failsafe method is to leave tuner B as "not configured". Later you could leave it as "loopthough to tuner a"

Paceno
08-06-14, 10:31
Amended as suggested. Go to Sat finder, scan, nothing. Dish still hasn't moved.

Larry-G
08-06-14, 10:46
The spot beam comment was just in case you were outside of the uk, The new satellite for sky uk, has a very tight foorptint restricting access to the continent etc. as for the motor, can you manually drive the motor via the tuner setup page ?.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 10:50
Install a chanenl list first, pick any motorised one you like.
Have you checked the f-plugs have not worked loose.
Does your motor have lights on it,do they illuminate
Do you get any signal readings what so ever?
Post a screenshot of your tuner config for each one please.
Are your co-ordnatres correct?

Paceno
08-06-14, 11:05
I cannot drive the motor at all but it does have lights on (east and west). East shows mostly green altho from time to time red.
By signal readings, you mean in the Sat finder screen? No, they all used to show as 80+db in there (was a good installer) but no satellite shows anything in there anymore whether I scan or not

UPDATE - The dish just moved! I went into manual move and did search west and then search east. It has now moved right back round to the east. Scanning on 28.8E has not found any channels yet.

Larry-G
08-06-14, 11:09
I cannot drive the motor at all but it does have lights on (east and west). East shows mostly green altho from time to time red.
By signal readings, you mean in the Sat finder screen? No, they all used to show as 80+db in there (was a good installer) but no satellite shows anything in there anymore whether I scan or not

UPDATE - The dish just moved! I went into manual move and did search west and then search east. It has now moved right back round to the east. Scanning on 28.8E has not found any channels yet.

sounds like it may have just gone a little too far west and got stuck for a while, then was freed by the manual nudge. once you get every thing setup again try setting up some limits on the motor to try and prevent such a thing happening again.

Paceno
08-06-14, 11:10
I get timeout for tuner lock msg when I go into ABM

Paceno
08-06-14, 11:16
Will post screenshots later, got daddy daycare til later

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 11:18
Forget scanning/ABM for now.

Install a motorised chanenl list and zap though the chanenl s on various satelites and see if your dish moves and whetehr ornot you get locks on the them

Once again, forget scanning/ABM for now.

Larry-G
08-06-14, 11:18
I get timeout for tuner lock msg when I go into ABM

Make sure you are on a active channel on 28.2 east say BBC1 before activating ABM and see what happens then.

Paceno
08-06-14, 11:20
How do I install a motorised channel list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry-G
08-06-14, 11:23
Either by going into the image plugin feeds and downloading one there, or by using a bouquet manager like DBE (DreamboxEdit) along with a premade bouquet pack.

Paceno
08-06-14, 16:20
Installed AutoBouquets E2, is that the right one? Set it up for Granada HD. It completed but when I go to change channels, I get an image of the dish moving from 28.8E to 28.8E but dish (outside) doesn't move. Choose 28.8 from satellite menu, only shows Sky folder but no channels.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 16:33
Your issue is that teh dish is not aligned properly/you have configured it wrong. No amount of scanning will sort you issue out. Whether you use the default Enigma scan, AutoBouquetsMaker which is built into the image or Lraizer's AutoBouquets. The dish is pointing at teh wrong place.

Install a premade motorised chanenl list and then check how badly aligned the dish is. Once that is established, and resolved, you can scan to your hearts content.

Good luck

Paceno
08-06-14, 16:41
Ok, what is a premade motorised channel list? I looked in the plugins but there is nothing obvious in there.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 16:48
Menu > Plugin > Green for download > Settings > (Scroll down to Vhannibal motor)
Install it.

We are still waiting for your screen shot.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 17:44
Any joy?

Paceno
08-06-14, 18:26
Did that (Hannibal), can see channels but still doesn't move.
There is a screenshot grabber plug in, can I use that to provide tuner screenshots? If so, which folder does it use for images pls?

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 18:30
Paste this in your web browser. Change to match Ip address of your receiver.

http://192.168.0.10/grab?format=jpg

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:18

Tuner config shot

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:18

Tuner A config

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:19
What other shots would help?

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:22

Positioner setup - this is where I actually got it to move the dish earlier

Stanman
08-06-14, 20:25
Should your East not be West?
On dish pointer is your longitude positive or negative number?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:27
H\ave just moved the dish between a few satellites (in the 20E range) and the dish actually moved but again, nothing on screen, just the OpenVix background

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:29
On Tuner settings screen, Longitude is 005.100 East, Latitude 050.767 North

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 20:33
On Tuner settings screen, Longitude is 005.100 East, Latitude 050.767 North
That puts you in Germany. You said you were in the UK.

You did change them to your co-ordinates?

Paceno
08-06-14, 20:34
I don't believe I changed anything on the co-ordinates, don't have the confidence yet to mess with these.

Maxwell
08-06-14, 20:45
are you in the UK or Germany ?

Maxwell
08-06-14, 21:00
judging from your IP address your co-ordinates are way out

Paceno
08-06-14, 21:50
Big thanks to Abu who guided me thro my mistake and helped me resolve everything. Great help