PDA

View Full Version : Channels Not Working

ChrisC29
07-06-14, 19:36
Sorry if I sound stupid or this has been discussed before, but why is a lot of my sky hd channels not working anymore and is there a way to bring them back. Thanks for any help.

Stanman
07-06-14, 20:54
New encryption and in time all HD will go and no fix for it.

ChrisC29
07-06-14, 21:06
ah no way! I got told it was due to sky changing the transponders and I needed a new channel list? is this ******** then? he also said they'd be back on at the end of the month if I got a new channel list but this doesn't sound right after looking on the forum.

Stanman
07-06-14, 21:25
"He" is the reason why they are dark. Pay servers became a plague and now people gotta pay the penance for this plague.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ChrisC29
07-06-14, 22:04
So I take it they wont be back on by the end of the month? He is adamant they will be but im tempted to believe people on here more than him. Guess im going to have to ditch the enigma box and use the Sky HD box then?

cactikid
08-06-14, 01:04
i wont be ditching my e2 boxes,might lose a bit of hd still got sd and iptv via plugins:eek::thumbsup:
if that were the case all here would be re-subbing to $ly no thanks.

Larry-G
08-06-14, 17:41
if that were the case all here would be re-subbing to $ly no thanks.

I certainly won't be giving sky anymore of my hard earned cash. Id rather park my dish on 19.2 east than pay murdock any more of my money.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
08-06-14, 17:49
There is certainly plenty of quality HD content to keep you occupied on 19.2
;)

Larry-G
08-06-14, 17:52
There is certainly plenty of quality HD content to keep you occupied on 19.2
;)

Yeah I know, I went 7 years with a 3 meter channel master dish and jack actuator combo in my garden and never once pointed it to 28.2 east. 30 west used to be a particular favourite of mine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

ChrisC29
12-06-14, 18:59
Just been told by a mate he has a new channel list to get the hd channels back on but he hasn't tried it yet. Say it works, how do I load a channel list into a e2 box? (He has a skybox HD) Cheers.

boysheff
12-06-14, 19:25
What don't you share with us this find of your friends

ChrisC29
12-06-14, 22:21
Well I would if I knew what it was, like I said he says he has a new channel list that will bring the HD channels back but I don't know what that is or how I would load it into a e2 box as his box it just a Skybox F5 so don't know how id go about doing it on my box.

judge
12-06-14, 22:33
Sorry, but sounds like nonsense...

mickyblueys
12-06-14, 23:24
that's putting it politely....i thought it sounded like.....bullsh#t!........ha[emoji12]

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

skronk
13-06-14, 08:11
His friend must be as good as Paul Daniels....a magician !!:rolleyes:

Maxwell
13-06-14, 08:28
Bloke down the pub told me last night if I stand on my head for 3 minutes, then stand up turn once to the left and twice to the right and click my heels 3 times I will get all my HD channels back and be back in Kansas in seconds.
Anyone tried it ? Does it work, is there a tutorial/guide of how to stand on your head ? :rolleyes:

judge
13-06-14, 09:35
Bloke down the pub told me last night if I stand on my head for 3 minutes, then stand up turn once to the left and twice to the right and click my heels 3 times I will get all my HD channels back and be back in Kansas in seconds.
Anyone tried it ? Does it work, is there a tutorial/guide of how to stand on your head ? :rolleyes:

Don't forget to do it two times...

boysheff
13-06-14, 09:59

Here here, totally agree

jeruk
13-06-14, 10:00
Might be the wrong thread to post the question in, but...

I've not put my sky card in the sky receiver for years, its been happily updating through cccam and newcs. IF I were to put it in the sky receiver, would it still work in the omnikey/newcs afterwards?
I'm loosing channels now (due to the new encryption) and want to make sure I can still watch through Sky box if there's a HD movie I want to watch.

midiandy
13-06-14, 11:03
should work fine mate:)

jeruk
13-06-14, 12:51
should work fine mate:)

Thanks, i'll give it a try tonight then.

Racingbert
16-06-14, 17:04
And did it work ?

jeruk
17-06-14, 13:10
Havent had a chance to try it out yet and I'll be away until next week now.

chrcoluk
26-06-14, 03:33
So I take it they wont be back on by the end of the month? He is adamant they will be but im tempted to believe people on here more than him. Guess im going to have to ditch the enigma box and use the Sky HD box then?

I would rather watch sd on my solo2 than hd on a sky box, thank you.

Of course if the premium SD go then my mind may change.

Larry-G
26-06-14, 07:49
I would rather watch sd on my solo2 than hd on a sky box, thank you.

Of course if the premium SD go then my mind may change.

Even if the premium SD channels do go from 28.2 east with third party receivers, I would still rather use the third party receiver than any offered by sky uk, there are far more satellites up there that can be received in the UK than just sky uk.

dfdream
26-06-14, 09:58
I understand that but will all other subs / providers not go the same route as sly, theyd be fools not to..
All decent content is now on paytv.
The next threat to satellite is streaming. The same thing will happen to TV as to music.

Even if the premium SD channels do go from 28.2 east with third party receivers, I would still rather use the third party receiver than any offered by sky uk, there are far more satellites up there that can be received in the UK than just sky uk.

baronarmy
26-06-14, 21:29
It's quite funny listening to the jungle drums and people guessing or assuming it's to do with encryption.
The reason you're losing HD channels one by one is because the codec has changed, sly are using a new codec standard that has much higher compression, allowing them to create more HD channels and a 4K channel. Using the old H.264 format they wouldn't have had enough bandwidth to do this, so sly are porting all HD channels over one by one to the new codec. When somebody writes the codec that sly is using for your box and then push it out as an update, you will then get your HD channels back.

That's one for the VIX team to develop - good luck

judge
26-06-14, 22:22
It's quite funny listening to the jungle drums and people guessing or assuming it's to do with encryption.

Just like you have now done...

Walt
26-06-14, 23:13
The reason you're losing HD channels one by one is because the codec has changed, sly are using a new codec standard that has much higher compression, allowing them to create more HD channels and a 4K channel. Using the old H.264 format they wouldn't have had enough bandwidth to do this, so sly are porting all HD channels over one by one to the new codec. When somebody writes the codec that sly is using for your box and then push it out as an update, you will then get your HD channels back.

That's one for the VIX team to develop - good luck
It's nothing to do with any of that, your card has to be paired to your box for channels to open. Cards cannot be paired to e2 receivers so channels don't open. Simple.

Andy_Hazza
27-06-14, 05:34
If its the new codec why is BBC1 HD, BBC2 HD, ITV HD and CH4 HD not affected by this?

timofee
27-06-14, 13:58
As has been reported in other posts on this and other forums. It is not a new codec, it is not pairing, it is a new control word encryption process.

There is no technical reason why this new control word encryption process could not be rolled out any encrypted HD channel - but BBC1 HD etc are fta and not subject to control words.

There is a (presumed) technical reason why this new control word encryption process will not be rolled out to SD encrypted channels, as it is believed the old SD boxes are not secure.

dfdream
27-06-14, 14:26
As this is the same that is happening in Italy have they started replacing SD boxes with ones that will allow the new encryption in SD channels...

As has been reported in other posts on this and other forums. It is not a new codec, it is not pairing, it is a new control word encryption process.

There is no technical reason why this new control word encryption process could not be rolled out any encrypted HD channel - but BBC1 HD etc are fta and not subject to control words.

There is a (presumed) technical reason why this new control word encryption process will not be rolled out to SD encrypted channels, as it is believed the old SD boxes are not secure.

pac2000
27-06-14, 16:23
Sly Italia HD Has Been Cracked... Another Site's Admins Have Tested It And Posted Proof Of The HD Channels Clearing On The Black Hole Image...

This Does Not Mean Sly HD Will Be Cracked Anytime Soon, But There Is Hope!!!

Stanman
27-06-14, 16:30
Sly Italia HD Has Been Cracked... Another Site's Admins Have Tested It And Posted Proof Of The HD Channels Clearing On The Black Hole Image...

This Does Not Mean Sly HD Will Be Cracked Anytime Soon, But There Is Hope!!!

Are you sure?

As that fart in a bottle has been going around and its the old CAID and not the very latest.

Unless you real live info with card ID I would not believe it

rossi2000
27-06-14, 16:47
there is no mention of any caid on those shots ?

hopefully its real :)

Stanman
27-06-14, 16:50
There were screen shots of sky italia on another forum and those were found to be on an older caid

rossi2000
27-06-14, 16:54
hmm i didnt think they used the older caids anymore

Stanman
27-06-14, 16:57
I didnt think so either but apparantly some still floating around

pac2000
27-06-14, 16:58
I Can't Go Into Details Because Of This Site's Rules... But It's Been Confirmed By Many Admin's... It's caid 0919...

ronand
27-06-14, 17:05
Thats the old caid. No-one has cracked the new system

GLADRON711
28-06-14, 16:54
Just been told by a mate he has a new channel list to get the hd channels back on but he hasn't tried it yet. Say it works, how do I load a channel list into a e2 box? (He has a skybox HD) Cheers.

ChrisC29, have tried numerous scans with my skybox and still can't get the HD channels I feel they've gone for good.

ronand
28-06-14, 17:10
No channel list will bring the channels back. Its unbelievable the rubbish that is on the internet.

DaMacFunkin
28-06-14, 18:05
093B is current sly Italia caid, any old one is surely on its last legs and about to run out.

thisntaht
28-06-14, 21:30
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Robert A. Heinlein

No channel list will bring the channels back. Its unbelievable the rubbish that is on the internet.

why not
04-07-14, 13:15
The last batch of customer HD channels to make the switch will be on Thursday 26th June if all goes to plan which it looks as though it is doing. There's 5 other batches before then though.

The switchover actually started on the 1st April but it was just *** Insider that made the switch

The Thomson boxes will also permanently loose the HD channels which use the new pairing mechanism. So subscription customers with one of these boxes will need to be prompted to phone *** and arrange for a free replacement.
***'s also started displaying an on screen message regularly on the old Thomson HD boxes prompting them to phone *** for a replacement.

I don't think I should post the exact dates ect, but I will say that itv2 HD, itv3HD and itv4HD are on the table for the same date to be updated to the new encryption. ItvHD isn't on the table.

Interestingly BTSport isn't on the table.

On whether SD channels will also be "paired":

I'm not aware of there being any plans to migrate SD channels to the new system.

The supported HD boxes are the only boxes which have the Receiver ID and associated software on them to support the new system.

If they wanted to implement the new pairing/encryption system on the old SD boxes they would need to develop it for the old OpenTV middleware and update the SD boxes.