PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Lost DVB T2-channels

rte
07-06-14, 17:39
I have lost my T2-channels in the internal tuner. Scanning doesn't find any. That happened already with Helios.
As far as I know, no change in the service provider's sender has taken place. All T-channels are ok.
Any suggestions?

abu baniaz
07-06-14, 18:39
Just to confirm, you had these before using the same tuner?

rte
08-06-14, 06:39
Just to confirm, you had these before using the same tuner?

Yes. I guess I have to check my antenna after some windy weathers.

rte
08-06-14, 17:07
I've checked the antenna. The signal is ok. I wonder if Apollo is missing the correct driver for my DVB T2-module?

Larry-G
08-06-14, 17:17
If its the internal tuner then the drivers are provided by Vu+ within their own driver releases, so there is no way for us to have wrong or incorrect drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

rte
08-06-14, 18:42
If its the internal tuner then the drivers are provided by Vu+ within their own driver releases, so there is no way for us to have wrong or incorrect drivers.

I just don't understand why I can't get the T2-channels any more even if I could get them earlier with the very same equipment.

Stanman
08-06-14, 19:47
Post up your tuner configuration. Any changes prior to the loss of channels.

Have you checked the cable?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

rte
09-06-14, 07:40
My tuner B: Vuplus DVB-T NIM(SSH108)(DVB-T2)
Switchable tuner types: (DVB-T2/DVB-C)
Enabled
Provider setting: Scandinavia (Europe DVBT/T2)
I use DVB-T2 in scanning.
In my lib/modules/3.1.1/extra I see: brcmfb.ko, dvb-bcm7413.ko, fpga_directc.ko, and procmk.ko, all dated 1st June 2014.

tappari
09-06-14, 08:38
My tuner B: Vuplus DVB-T NIM(SSH108)(DVB-T2)
Switchable tuner types: (DVB-T2/DVB-C)
Enabled
Provider setting: Scandinavia (Europe DVBT/T2)
I use DVB-T2 in scanning.
In my lib/modules/3.1.1/extra I see: brcmfb.ko, dvb-bcm7413.ko, fpga_directc.ko, and procmk.ko, all dated 1st June 2014.
What is your location?

rte
09-06-14, 08:58
I know my provider's sender frequencies and I scan separately the right T2-frequencies. That I have done before successfully. No problems with T-channels.

tappari
09-06-14, 09:06
I know my provider's sender frequencies and I scan separately the right T2-frequencies. That I have done before successfully. No problems with T-channels.
If you know the frequencies and bandwidths, compare those to /etc/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml/Scandinavia (Europe DVB-T/T2) to see if that is a proper setting for your area.

rte
09-06-14, 09:43
The frequencies are correct in the terrestial.xml-file. I scan the T2-frequencies separately with T2-setting.

rte
09-06-14, 19:53
I wonder if the restoring of settingsbackup after reflashing returns the old drivers?

rte
10-06-14, 15:37
The puzzle is now partly solved. My service provider admits that they have made changes in their T2-channel sender from 2nd June 2014. This will probably require extra antenna signal amplifying. Since I already have an amplifier adjusted to maximum and all the T-channel signals are strong I have requested a proposal for suitable antenna amplifier for this purpose. I'm waiting for the answer.
This, of course, is poor performance from my provider. I have only 7 km to the sender over the lake.
I apologize for any inconvenience for all trying to find a possible reason for my problem.

abu baniaz
10-06-14, 16:04
Is it just signal levels changed or frequencies too?

I was thinking maybe perform the equivalent to blind scan.

Larry-G
10-06-14, 16:04
I apologize for any inconvenience for all trying to find a possible reason for my problem.

There is no reason for you to apologise, this is why the forum is here, so that you can ask questions.

rte
10-06-14, 16:53
Is it just signal levels changed or frequencies too?

I was thinking maybe perform the equivalent to blind scan.

The signal levels or some other signal parameters must be changed. The channel and the frequency are the same as before.
I still try to test the signal with USB PCTVnanoStick T/T2 but I need the driver for it. This is just to see if my Samsung tuner T2-module is not the reason. I have to wait untill the feed is up again.

rte
10-06-14, 21:04
I'm just more confused. USB PCTVnanoStick T/T2 didn't even give me the system choice DVB-T2 to scan, only DVB-T. Freshly downloaded driver cannot be uptodate.

rte
11-06-14, 06:51
It seems to me that the changes made by my terrestial provider affect my DVB-T2-tuners so that their present drivers can't cope with it. That is really confusing.

rte
11-06-14, 11:52
My terrestial provider confirms now that the footprint area of my nearest sender has been limited from 2nd June 2014 and T2-channels may not be received with the normal antenna and amplifier. I can't help mentioning that this provider is Digita in Finland. What a primitive service!

tappari
12-06-14, 17:59
My terrestial provider confirms now that the footprint area of my nearest sender has been limited from 2nd June 2014 and T2-channels may not be received with the normal antenna and amplifier. I can't help mentioning that this provider is Digita in Finland. What a primitive service!
I am still asking of your location. I know Digita has stopped transmissions with local sub-transmitters in Helsinki,Tampere and Oulu. So where is your footprint lowered?

abu baniaz
13-06-14, 07:40
Just realised you are in Finland. See this thread. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=38782

tappari
13-06-14, 15:15
As a Finn, I can tell this Scandinavia (Europe DVB-T/T2) is not proper setting for tuners in Finland. Frequencies and bandwidths are wrong. So just use Europe, Middle East,Africa:DVB-T Frequencies or Iceland (Europe DVB-T/T2)

rte
13-06-14, 20:00
I am still asking of your location. I know Digita has stopped transmissions with local sub-transmitters in Helsinki,Tampere and Oulu. So where is your footprint lowered?

My nearest sender in Finland has been limited and according to Digita the other surrounding senders give no better result. They don't admit directly that the T2-channel is totally down. I don't understand why this has been done but I understand that anything is possible in Finland. In Sweden the Nacka-sender in Stockholm has become stronger. No problem with T2-channels. And how would you solve the problem by insisting to know my location?

tappari
14-06-14, 08:14
My nearest sender in Finland has been limited and according to Digita the other surrounding senders give no better result. They don't admit directly that the T2-channel is totally down. I don't understand why this has been done but I understand that anything is possible in Finland. In Sweden the Nacka-sender in Stockholm has become stronger. No problem with T2-channels. And how would you solve the problem by insisting to know my location?
I really do not understand what Nacka-sender in Stockholm has to do with this issue. Well, I can tell you my location in Finland: about two kilometers east from Helsinki-Vantaa airport. With UHF-aerial pointing Espoo transmitter T2 channel 35 (Digita) SNR and AGC are both 99% with SSH108 tuner. With VHF-aerial pointing to Oulunkyla Helsinki T2 channel 06 (DNA) SNR and AGC also 99% both. So it depends where you are located.

rte
14-06-14, 08:46
I know all my locations wherever I am and I know all the sender parameters near by. I have been in direct contact with the local providers and I can compare the services in some countries. The acts of the Finnish provider Digita are really strange and confusing.

tappari
17-06-14, 16:22
I know all my locations wherever I am and I know all the sender parameters near by. I have been in direct contact with the local providers and I can compare the services in some countries. The acts of the Finnish provider Digita are really strange and confusing.
So are you citizen of Finland paying YLE-tax to Findland or a Swedish person who just wants to enjoy wathcing football FTA as HD from YLE Finland? That is more or less a copywright question.

rte
18-06-14, 11:52
I am a citizen in two countries, not living in Finland, but I'm compelled to pay YLE-tax for my income in Finland although I have have no opportunity to get anything for that payment when outside Finland. But I can get the Swedish SVT-channels in Finland. I could give a throughout report of this including the copyright situation but it is outside of topic in this forum. And, I'm not interested in football. Will this satisfy your curiosity?

abu baniaz
18-06-14, 14:32
Gents, let's leave the political/tax/personal issues aside. Let's remain on the topic of dvb-t.

Thank you in advance.

rte
18-06-14, 16:24
Finally, I solved the problem. Since the sender power for T2-channels has been weakened, the antenna adjustment has to be done much more carefully to catch them. Now I found the footprint again by turning the antenna direction a few degrees. Also my terrestial providers has given more detailed information about what has been made with the senders. Now it works again!

tappari
21-06-14, 10:42
Gents, let's leave the political/tax/personal issues aside. Let's remain on the topic of dvb-t.

Thank you in advance.
It`s not from my point of view political/tax or personal issue. But I understand if Swedish providers have asked Digita to limit their footprint during FIFA World Cup not to be very strong in Swedish side of boarder because of copyright issues. In Finland broadcast is 1080i T2 FTA.

rte
22-06-14, 07:17
Interesting information. Soviet Union tried to press YLE to limit the spill over signal to Estonia. They even planned to construct a net of metal in the Gulf of Finland to stop the signal. Today, a valid agreement regulates the distribution of the spill over signals.
Anyway, for me this is not the case. When staying in Finland i expect to get the due service from the terrestial provider. I don't need to feel any bad conscience because I pay for it.
The fact is, that the T2-signal of my nearest subsender was strongly decreased. The reason is said to be a change in the operator's license in the network. It is not known to me what this means. I directed my antenna to the main sender, much farther away and only a few degrees beside the subsender from my place. T2-signal there has the same frequency. All the signals have now full strenth and all the channels are spotted without any problems. This was, of course, very confusing before I realized it. I regret if any peace of mind has been stirred by my speculating with any possible firmware or software problems.
So, all is well now and the case is closed.