PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Backup not possible - feed down

LFN
07-06-14, 12:18
Hi, just reflashed to Apollo 003 from Helios 017.
Under the first settings it gave opportunity to restore backup and I choosed yes. But it said feed is down.

I know perfectly well that I had no online connection since the wifiusb-driver is always swept away in a reflash (using wireless wifi).
So I just choosed to start without restoring backup and then went into VIX and tried restore the Helios backup from there, but it is still refusing me to do this. It only says feeds are down.

What does that mean?

LFN
11-06-14, 10:21
Sorry for bumping this thread. I really am serios and dont know what feed is down means. Does it have with internet connection to do?
Every time the last 4 days I am having this message when trying to restore my Helios 017 backup. It seems to never work. I dont have internet connection to my ET9000 but I cant see why I must have that to restore a backup?

(my first language is not english )

Maxwell
11-06-14, 10:27
its because of the plugins registered in your backup, its trying to download them from the feeds but cant because you have no internet and its quite possible the feeds are actually down at the moment anyway

Tkr001
12-06-14, 00:48
If you don't want to have to have internet connected you should do a full image backup rather than a settings backup.

LFN
12-06-14, 07:50
If you don't want to have to have internet connected you should do a full image backup rather than a settings backup.

Okay, I thought that a full image backup would revert back to the old Helios build from my new Apollo reflash?
Do you mean that if I make a image backup restore (from Helios 017) I would keep the Apollo image but only get my settings from my old Helios install?

judge
12-06-14, 10:57
Okay, I thought that a full image backup would revert back to the old Helios build from my new Apollo reflash?

You are correct, a full image backup is useful if an online update messes anything up and would revert you to that image.

LFN
12-06-14, 11:02
You are correct, a full image backup is useful if an online update messes anything up and would revert you to that image.

Thanks, so I understand that the only solution for getting my favourite settings on my Apollo is to connect the ET9000 to wired internet and then perform the restore backup.

judge
12-06-14, 11:08
Yes, as you're using a non default wireless stick. Hold off for the moment though as we're still having a few feed issues.

LbCwby
12-06-14, 21:57
Something that might help a few people getting the "feed is down" message, even while connected by wire, could be that they, as did I, had the LAN disabled.
With Helios, after having the WLAN (Wifi) connected, I disabled the normal LAN.
Do not forget to enable it.

Hamram
13-06-14, 15:14
This is strange... One of my boxes are now up and running with Apollo, and the other one is still on Helios. Both have wired internet, but Apollo get the "Feed is down" message, and Helios get full access to all the plugins. How strange is that..?

Hamram
13-06-14, 16:04
This is strange... One of my boxes are now up and running with Apollo, and the other one is still on Helios. Both have wired internet, but Apollo get the "Feed is down" message, and Helios get full access to all the plugins. How strange is that..?
OK now, all of a sudden... :)