PDA

View Full Version : Using vu+ remote to turn TV on & off

aldo2332
07-06-14, 08:31
Ive looked around for a guide to set up the TV standby button so i can turn my tv on & off from the vu+ remote button but I could only find one for dreambox can anyone put me in the right direction? Cheers

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 09:30
What make of tv is it bud? I will give you instructions on how to do this for ya.

aldo2332
07-06-14, 09:42
Panasonic its an old plasma though (6 years old) I also have a Sony TV(a lot newer) and will need to do the same for my other box hooked up to this TV

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 10:14
Right buddy here goes. Make sure volume on vu+ remote is maxium.

Panasonic TV code is 2153
Sony TV code is 2679

>Press buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously until the TV power button on the vu+ remote illuminates.

>Now enter the TV code.

>Hold the mute button down whilst pointing the remote at the TV until the TV mutes.

>Press the +/- Volume buttons to see if the vu+ remote is now controlling your TV.

>To exit press the OK button plus the Stop Button (Recording Stop Button) together.

>

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 10:16
When you've done that let us know and we just need to tweak a few settings. I'm assuming you are using ViX?

aldo2332
07-06-14, 11:11
sorry yes im using VIX.
Ok thanks all working with the TV. What needs to be done now? Can i switch it to using the volume on the reciever rather than the TV but still have the TV standby function active with the remote? I use a surround sound amplifier for my audio u see. Or even better if theres a way to control the volume on my pioneer amp :thumbsup:

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 13:24
Have a play in the settings. Go to Menu > Setup > System > HDMI CEC.
My setup is;

Enabled
Put TV in standby - NO
Wakeup TV from standby - YES
Regard deep standby as standby - NO
Switch TV to correct input - YES
Use TV remote control - YES
Handle standby from TV - YES
Handle wakeup from TV - YES
Wakeup signal from TV - STREAM REQUEST
Forward volume keys - NO
Put your Vu+ Solo2 in standby - YES
Wakeup your Vu+ Solo2 from standby - YES
Minimum send interval - DISABLED

These are by settings for my Vu+ Solo2 mate and this works for me but have a play around and see what suits your requirements better. :D

aldo2332
07-06-14, 13:55
Yep had a play all OK with the Sony as it controls the volume on my amp aswell which is brilliant and so much more convenient but im not happy with the Panasonic TV is there a way of removing the setting/code I typed in on the remote and going back to the original way of using the receiver only? I tried disabling the HDMI CEC but the remote is still programmed to control the TV. Sorry to be a pain

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 14:03
Yeah to reset code sequence press 1 and 6 together until TV power button illuminates and then enter 998. :D

aldo2332
07-06-14, 17:06
tried but not reset it :( still turns the volume up on my TV

Andy_Hazza
07-06-14, 18:34
Try code 996 buddy. :thumbsup:

aldo2332
07-06-14, 21:35
Yep that one worked thanks