PDA

View Full Version : [ABM-DVB-S/S2] Expert needed

DaMacFunkin
06-06-14, 19:20
Hello, is it possible to edit or insert a line into an xml or something so that the dark HD channels, don't actually show in the channel list, but subsequent channels don't loose their numbers, for example, rename channel "Sky Premier HD to Data" or "Hidden Channel list", there is a scenario where i think this would be benificial if running cable tuners in the same machine.
Thank You.

abu baniaz
06-06-14, 22:58
Please read the following sentences with an open and clear mind. Apologies in advance if it sounds a bit terse.

If you select an SD region you will still get the HD chanenls. Notice how on and official SD receiver you get "for details how to receiver this channel phone ......."
Overral channel numbering and "chanennel numbering in bouquets" are two different things. People see the channel numbering in the bouquets being greater than 1000 and they think they cannot press 101 and get BBC. This is not the case, try it.
The channel numbering created by ABM (for all channels) is subject to the order of providers and whether you put the ABM ones first
All premium HD channels on 28.2 will go dark soon. (21 so far, there are 80 in total, 14 of which are FTA). So why use the HD official numbering? Use the SD official numbering. Embrace it.

Andy has made some changes already. Toggle through the options in generate main bouquet. You will see the HD, FTA HD options. You can have both.

Once again, sorry if this is a bit rough. I can't see any other way of wording it.

DaMacFunkin
07-06-14, 07:08
Sorry if this sounds like a blunt reply but your reply is not what I actually asked, but in reply to what you said if I'm flicking from BBC2 HD to ITV HD to Sky 1 I don't want that to be a major exercise in remembering what seem like random numbers that are nowhere near each other on the sd channel list, if its possible to have your fta HD channels at the top of the list (which won't go dark, how can they?), right next to Sky's prime time channels then why not, makes more sense to me.
Anyway I like the fun of seeing how things work.