PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Free DNS/Proxy for BBC on demand from Ireland

Toine
06-06-14, 13:59
Not sure if this is the correct form but I am trying to get BBC ondemand working again:
I am in Rep. Ireland and want to watch the BBC streams. I understand I need to enter add uk DNS to do this (or a proxy? this is where I get confused).
What exactly am I looking for are there any free servers I can use like tunlr used to provide or are paid services like unlocator my only option.
For me to watch the occasional ondemand stream if I forgot to record something a paid service is not worth my while :(

regards,

T.

mcquaim
06-06-14, 14:19
Not sure if this is the correct form but I am trying to get BBC ondemand working again:
I am in Rep. Ireland and want to watch the BBC streams. I understand I need to enter add uk DNS to do this (or a proxy? this is where I get confused).
What exactly am I looking for are there any free servers I can use like tunlr used to provide or are paid services like unlocator my only option.
For me to watch the occasional ondemand stream if I forgot to record something a paid service is not worth my while :(

regards,

T.

I'm afraid I couldn't find any further free servers so it looks like the only option now are the paid ones like unlocator etc..

givecredit
06-06-14, 15:16
I'm afraid I couldn't find any further free servers so it looks like the only option now are the paid ones like unlocator etc..

Getflix currently have an offer that works out at €16 per annum. Offer expires June 30th. It works perfectly....

dnixon
10-06-14, 18:42
I have had great success with StrongDNS great tool to update when your ip changes.