PDA

View Full Version : ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD go live on Sky

bassethound
16-11-10, 22:40
ITV has today launched high definition versions of ITV3 and ITV4 exclusively on Sky, following the recent launch of ITV2 HD on the satellite platform.

From 5pm, ITV3 HD will start broadcasting at channel 226 on Sky's electronic programming guide, while ITV4 HD will be available at position 227.

The channels will broadcast a range of programmes in native high definition. The rest of their schedules will be upscaled to the higher picture quality.

ITV4's native HD schedule will include races from the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, after ITV recently extended its rights deal to the sport.

The two channels follow the launch of ITV2 HD last month at position 225 on Sky's programming guide. The exclusive channels are part of ITV's new pay-TV strategy.

Announcing the strategy in August, ITV chief executive Adam Crozier said: "Building new revenue streams by exploiting our content across multiple platforms is a key part of the ITV transformation plan.

"Pay television has seen continual growth over the last decade and this deal is a great example of how a new, subscription-based launch, can complement ITV's existing free-to-air channels."

Sky's chief operating officer Mike Darcey added: "The subscription model best rewards those committing to HD and continues to drive its growth.

"We therefore welcome ITV's move to embrace pay-TV to satisfy the demands of millions who now regard anything less than HD as a compromise."

Larry-G
16-11-10, 22:41
lol i was just going to post the exact same article my self. you beat me to it by a mere few seconds.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 22:52
o m g i was just adding them on my bouquets and then just came on right now to post a thread you nutters :lol3:

Larry-G
16-11-10, 22:54
LOL great minds EH.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:00
Sure is mate great minds think alike. infact i just fixed all the radi channels and will soon be trying my hand at fixing the box office i was thinking of posting a pure sky bouquets to go along side my picon updates as that now is sort of due cause of the changes.

oh and phoenix just saw your channel update post today there is conflicting news from kingof sat and other places disha claims to be removed but still shows as a TP yet the pic is blank but not lost [it does not say SID NOT FOUND IN PAT] i'm guessing its the channel is down rather than left can you confirm this. its also same for the one below it Star gold but thats scrambled.

Larry-G
16-11-10, 23:02
Sure is mate great minds think alike. infact i just fixed all the radi channels and will soon be trying my hand at fixing the box office i was thinking of posting a pure sky bouquets to go along side my picon updates as that now is sort of due cause of the changes.

oh and phoenix just saw your channel update post today there is conflicting news from kingof sat and other places disha claims to be removed but still shows as a TP yet the pic is blank but not lost [it does not say SID NOT FOUND IN PAT] i'm guessing its the channel is down rather than left can you confirm this. its also same for the one below it Star gold but thats scrambled.

i'm at work at the moment so i dont have access to my SKY DODGY BOX. but iv'e not seen any thing about disha or star gold yet, but like i said in another thread, these sites like the rest of our hobby rely on user submitted data and at times can be wrong or just awaiting someone to submit the changes.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:06
i'm at work at the moment so i dont have access to my SKY DODGY BOX. but iv'e not seen any thing about disha or star gold yet, but like i said in another thread, these sites like the rest of our hobby rely on user submitted data and at times can be wrong or just awaiting someone to submit the changes.

yes i just saw that thread and added my 2 bits worth and yes your right gonna wait for my wife to go to bed then go down and have a look at my sly box chanel line up as others not mentioned in your list have updated not frequencies just renamed which i have updated on my bouquets and will be posting as soon as done

Foxylady
17-11-10, 17:03
Lovely more hd channels, got so used to hd gets to me when i have to watch a program on sd