PDA

View Full Version : Crashes when I try to access recordings on a network share

leonc
05-06-14, 21:47
Networking worked just ok on Zeus but I wasn't too happy with it. I upgraded to Helios but it got worse whenever i clicked on a file from my computer the system crashed. I recently upgraded to Aplollo but the system crashes as soon as I hit the media button. I can't see if it makes any difference but I restored a zeus baskup on both updates. Any ideasS

judge
05-06-14, 21:49
Networking worked just ok on Zeus but I wasn't too happy with it. I upgraded to Helios but it got worse whenever i clicked on a file from my computer the system crashed. I recently upgraded to Aplollo but the system crashes as soon as I hit the media button. I can't see if it makes any difference but I restored a zeus baskup on both updates. Any ideasS

Crash = crash log, generated in /home/root/logs/ by default.
Without uploading one everyone would be just guessing.

leonc
06-06-14, 08:41
Hi thanks for reply. Not sure what I am doing but I am trying to attach the crash file. Hope all goes well. I also reinstalled the apollo image but did not restore settings this time. Unfortunately the system crashed again when I clicked on the film to view from the computer. I have both samba and nfs set up, maybe I should only have one of them.

thanks

leonc
06-06-14, 09:03
Hi I read that crash log and noticed at the bottom re .Trash When I created a folder in the folder in the computer .Trash I was then able to view the files all went ok. I tried another location and again a system crash with same output and I again created a folder .Trash and all went ok. How come it is looking folder.?

abu baniaz
06-06-14, 11:59
I have moved your thread here. It is better to have a thread for specific issues.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1321, in reloadWithDelay
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Trashcan.py", line 32, in createTrashFolder
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/autofs/KtorrentsLEONK5P5QLPRO/.Trash'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method MovieSelection.reloadWithDelay of <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>>,()) failed)
]=]=>
</enigma2crashlog>
</crashlogs>

leonc
06-06-14, 16:37
I think I have got it. It's to do with the read/write settings in network management. I had set up the shares on pc to be read only as this is what I wanted. In vix network management I had not done the same. I have since changed this so hope this solves it.