PDA

View Full Version : Question about listed TV Channel frequencies

Conaxthewarrior
16-11-10, 22:25
Hello all,
I recently uploaded the tv channel list of my VU+ Duo using dreambox edit and matched the tv channel frequencies of the 28E satelite against those listed with Lyngsat.com, to see if there was anything new.
Surprisingly, I found descrepencies with some frequencies out by 1 eg 12440V would be listed as 12441V.
Repeating with another reciever, I found that frequencies listed in it were different from those listed in the VU+ Duo.
Any ideas for this anyone?

Larry-G
16-11-10, 22:31
sites such as lyngsat and kingofsat, in fact every thing about this hobby is wholly dependant upon user submitted data, and because of that it can at times be wrong.
the best way to ensure you have the best set-up possible is to install a newly generated satellites.xml file once every two weeks or so and do a full rescan.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:02
Have a look at this sticky on how to fix channels

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

Hakon
17-11-10, 19:22
Hello all,
I recently uploaded the tv channel list of my VU+ Duo using dreambox edit and matched the tv channel frequencies of the 28E satelite against those listed with Lyngsat.com, to see if there was anything new.
Surprisingly, I found descrepencies with some frequencies out by 1 eg 12440V would be listed as 12441V.
Repeating with another reciever, I found that frequencies listed in it were different from those listed in the VU+ Duo.
Any ideas for this anyone?

This are very ordinary that the frequencies are not exactly, like your example above.
It can show 12441 with one type of LNB and 12440 with another one.
Its not a problem or something faulty,so don't bother to edit.