PDA

View Full Version : Quick review Miraclebox Premium Twin HD 2x Hybrid Cable

bassethound
05-06-14, 09:38
Just got a new Miraclebox Premium Twin HD 2x Hybrid Cable from WOS a fuss free speedy delivery as always thanks stef

The Miraclebox Premium Twin HD 2x Hybrid Cable comes very well packaged the box has a heavy well built feel to it with a internal power supply

http://i59.tinypic.com/xukb4.jpg

the receiver it self looks very nice on the front

http://i58.tinypic.com/2im24v8.jpg

the rear has every connection you could need (mine has twin cable tuners)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2s1qd06.jpg

you get a lot of peripherals with this receiver with a very nice user manual

http://i59.tinypic.com/ejy6gh.jpg

the inside is well laid out and easy to get at the HDD tray

http://i62.tinypic.com/a2584j.jpg

Only used it for a couple of hours so far but a very nice box so far had latest Vix appolo 3 up and running in no time

Has a very good SD and HD picture quality zapping is nice and fast the remote is very well made and comfortable to use my only gripe i wish the color buttons were above the ok button

only got two main negatives for me so far one is no 2.5 to 3.5 hard drive adapter and a very bright blue front light on the front of the receiver that flash brightly when using the remote or is in deep standby

world-of-satellite.co.uk
05-06-14, 10:20
Thank you for your review. Regards 2.5" to 3.5" adapter, its something we've spoken to manufacturer about. We normally fix 2.5" HDD to one side of the cradle, works perfect with no issues.

Again many thanks :thumbsup:

DaMacFunkin
05-06-14, 12:31
The specs on these boxes just say very fast dual core, what is the actual speed?

Sicilian
05-06-14, 12:32
The specs on these boxes just say very fast dual core, what is the actual speed?

400MHz Dual core, same spec as VU+ Ultimo.

Rob van der Does
05-06-14, 12:36
the rear has every connection you could need (mine has twin cable tuners)
Hmm, no eSATA?

DaMacFunkin
05-06-14, 12:38
You'll be asking for SCSI next lol.

nsw9154
05-06-14, 12:38
Strangely enough bassethound the remote is the one thing that I do not like, the buttons are too flat for my XL hands and would be better raised a little
but that's just my view but I have a Harmony 650 so I tend to use that
I noticed that your Hard Drive cables where separate, mine where already connected no big deal
it was a bit of a tight squeeze fitting my 3.5" 1TB Hard Drive so I have ordered a 2.5" 1TB Toshiba HD and a 3.5" to 2.5" adapter but I noticed WOS's comments so it might not be needed
I did enquire about changing it for a Duo2 as I find it a bit slow and unresponsive compared to my Solo2, well it would be wouldn't it but my request fell on deaf ears
so I will keep it for a while probably for the best as I fancy the XPEED LX3 now that it has APOLLO :D here are a few of my pics

bassethound
05-06-14, 13:24
good point rob but i think 99% of people will not miss a eSATA socket a USB 3 would be a better inclusion

the box speed feels on par with my ultimo which is no slouch and a bit slower at booting than the solo2 i just sold

i wish i could turn of the so annoying blue light that flashes on every remote press its way too bright :smash:

nsw9154
05-06-14, 13:27
that Blue light flashes when I use my TV Remote :confused:

Rob van der Does
05-06-14, 13:39
good point rob but i think 99% of people will not miss a eSATA socket a USB 3 would be a better inclusion
Well, eSATA is becoming more and more popular. But indeed: it's about time STB's support USB 3.

i wish i could turn of the so annoying blue light that flashes on every remote press its way too bright :smash:
Not sure if any one is in contact with the manufacturer? The Ultimo and the ET8000 had the same issue, but on request the manufacturers provided options for dimming/switching off.

bassethound
05-06-14, 14:18
that Blue light flashes when I use my TV Remote :confused:

Noticed it also flashing when i use my amp,s remote lol

bassethound
05-06-14, 15:29
The Miraclebox ios app MB LiveTV Pro is working great plus it works with my ultimo

the remote is very basic but functional

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mb-livetv-pro/id676973000?mt=8

nsw9154
05-06-14, 17:25
Did you get the plug adaptor bassethound I did not receive one with the receiver, so having to use a power lead that I had spare from an old Starview :rolleyes:
The other option was to cut the plug off and fit a 3 pin :eek:

bassethound
05-06-14, 23:53
Yes i got a 2 to 3 pin adapter in the box

daniellog
20-06-14, 10:15
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to decide between this box and the VU+ Duo, does this beat the VU+ for value for money?

rossi2000
20-06-14, 10:20
yes the duo is old now.

nezzeo
09-07-14, 07:48
Hi
My Miraclebox Premium Twin was delivered yesterday, initial thoughts:
Pro's
--------
OpenVix all looks familiar and works fine
Responsive GUI
Does what it says on the tin

Cons:
--------
- No picons with openvix, where can I get these? tried a couple of the picon downloads from plugins but none work
- A slight whirling from the box when its switched on, very very faint but still there. Anyone else notice this?
- USB Infrared eye thing that I use doesnt work quite as well with this box (I keep it in a closed cabinet). I'll maybe look at alternative ones see if I get any mileage - recomendations welcomed.
- Remote layout is different to vu+, sure no one likes change but I really miss the blue button not being in the usual place, you have you stretch your thumb to get to it.
- On HD chans I'm seeing clearing times of 1-2seconds, which feels a bit slow. Is this to be expected on cable? Or is it a box thing? Clearing was definitely faster on a solo2 on Sat. FTA channel zapping seems ok

Setup:
Box: Miraclebox Premium Twin HD (2xDVB-C)
Image: Latest Vix 015 (openvix-Apollo.015-mbtwin_usb)
Network: Gigabit LAN, 100Mb VM package
Hard drive: 3.5" 1TB

bassethound
09-07-14, 09:51
The remote is the only slight let down for me and im only really on about the blue button positioning

try using oscam to speed up zapping

Joe_90
09-07-14, 11:19
I agree - remote is poorly laid out and buttons have a "dead" feel to them. The blue LED in deep standby is bright (have a bit of tape over it). Otherwise, good value for money and versatile with DVB-S and DVB-T2 tuners.I have a bit of a gripe about the recording icon being constantly active, but it can be switched off in Front Display Settings.
@nezzeo - there is a fan in the box, over at the power supply side. This is probably what you're hearing.

Larry-G
09-07-14, 15:50
I agree - remote is poorly laid out and buttons have a "dead" feel to them. The blue LED in deep standby is bright (have a bit of tape over it). Otherwise, good value for money and versatile with DVB-S and DVB-T2 tuners.I have a bit of a gripe about the recording icon being constantly active, but it can be switched off in Front Display Settings.
@nezzeo - there is a fan in the box, over at the power supply side. This is probably what you're hearing.
Don't know about the plus but on the standard quad you can turn the blue L.E.D off which is what I did.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bassethound
10-07-14, 08:32
I have also put tape over the overly bright blue light i dont know what purpose it has for being so bright

cant see any way to turn it odd in settings :p

Joe_90
10-07-14, 10:57
Don't know about the plus but on the standard quad you can turn the blue L.E.D off which is what I did.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Miraclebox - not GB Quad - keep up pheonix :D

nezzeo
15-07-14, 07:37
Quick Tip, I bought short a coax male to female cable to run between the 2 tuners (loopback) to save on doing a splitter and 2 separate feeds but noticed that the moment the second tuner is connected the signal drops from 99% all the way down to 25% and lower on some channels (not all). Removing it and trying the tuners individually the SNR is always 99%.

Tried a splitter to 2 coax's connected independently and now its always ~99% on all channels. Glad I found this now rather than when I was relying on a record Time :thumbsup:

Sicilian
15-07-14, 13:31
Quick Tip, I bought short a coax male to female cable to run between the 2 tuners (loopback) to save on doing a splitter and 2 separate feeds but noticed that the moment the second tuner is connected the signal drops from 99% all the way down to 25% and lower on some channels (not all). Removing it and trying the tuners individually the SNR is always 99%.

Tried a splitter to 2 coax's connected independently and now its always ~99% on all channels. Glad I found this now rather than when I was relying on a record Time :thumbsup:

Loopthru works fine BUT best to use decent quality coax and make your own flylead.