PDA

View Full Version : cant view full screen with vix image

sherry
16-11-10, 20:44
Hi guys.

I have just loaded the vix image and the sides of the screen is cut off.

it is like the tv is too small to view it properly.... i have a 50" plasma and it is setup of 1080

any help would be great.

Maxwell
16-11-10, 20:49
Have you got overscan enabled on your tv ? try turning it off if so. Also check your av settings on the vu for 4:3 and 16:9

irishchris
16-11-10, 20:59
try going to setup - sytem - av setting
change:
display 16:9 content as --> just scale
display 4:3 content as --> just scale

sherry
16-11-10, 21:14
try going to setup - sytem - av setting
change:
display 16:9 content as --> just scale
display 4:3 content as --> just scale

thank you m8.

i have tried that and other settings. it looks like the wallpaper with the two matchstick men on it changes in size and the box that pops up with all the settings in it is pushed over to one side and cant read it properly.

sherry
16-11-10, 21:18
Have you got overscan enabled on your tv ? try turning it off if so. Also check your av settings on the vu for 4:3 and 16:9

i dont think i have overscan on my tv m8. changing those but no joy

Maxwell
16-11-10, 21:22
what tv is it and how are you connected

sherry
16-11-10, 21:26
what tv is it and how are you connected

it is an lg 50" plasma with a HDMI cable

Maxwell
16-11-10, 21:31
Ok I also use a LG 50" Plasma with hdmi. my settings on the vu are in av settings: Mode 1080i, refresh rate 50hz, 4:3 just scale, 16:9 letterbox.
On TV its selected as 16:9

sherry
16-11-10, 21:38
Ok I also use a LG 50" Plasma with hdmi. my settings on the vu are in av settings: Mode 1080i, refresh rate 50hz, 4:3 just scale, 16:9 letterbox.
On TV its selected as 16:9

I have done the same settings as yours but it is still the same m8.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 21:40
worth a try not sure if it will work but try changing your refresh rate to 60hz

sherry
16-11-10, 21:42
worth a try not sure if it will work but try changing your refresh rate to 60hz

still the same m8 :O(

Maxwell
16-11-10, 21:43
only thing I can suggest is try setting to YPbPr on the vu (it will still work even if you are using HDMI only) if that doesnt work try a reflash and double check the settings on the tv

sherry
16-11-10, 22:10
only thing I can suggest is try setting to YPbPr on the vu (it will still work even if you are using HDMI only) if that doesnt work try a reflash and double check the settings on the tv

i done a reflash and still no joy.... i think im going to crack up lol.

i am going to try a different image to see if its the same

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:19
one thing you have not mentionedis what channel are you viewing that gives this problem or is it all channels. if its only certain channels then it may just be a case of that channel broadcasting in 4.3 like disney cinemagic HD when broadcasting old classics they show up with permanent bars on the side regardless of how you set up

sherry
16-11-10, 23:23
one thing you have not mentionedis what channel are you viewing that gives this problem or is it all channels. if its only certain channels then it may just be a case of that channel broadcasting in 4.3 like disney cinemagic HD when broadcasting old classics they show up with permanent bars on the side regardless of how you set up

i get this even when not on a channel. with my tv remote i can move the picture to the left and right which proves i am not seeing all the picture..... when i watch my v+ box this is not possible because it is already showing the full screen..... so confused with it..

i have tried several images and the same problem exists with all of them.

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:30
i get this even when not on a channel. with my tv remote i can move the picture to the left and right which proves i am not seeing all the picture..... when i watch my v+ box this is not possible because it is already showing the full screen..... so confused with it..

i have tried several images and the same problem exists with all of them.

that in bold what you quoted is called pan and scan it a zoom feature check your setting and look for pan scan and switch that off. i am guessing now that your in xome sort of zoom on your screen

bob1
17-11-10, 08:36
Sounds like the tv to me ,whats the model number?
I would try a factory reset which should put all the setting to default.

sherry
17-11-10, 17:22
Sounds like the tv to me ,whats the model number?
I would try a factory reset which should put all the setting to default.

hi bob1.

it is an LG 50PX4D-EB

Maxwell
17-11-10, 18:08
Your TV is set to the wrong aspect, on your remote under the sliding bit at the bottom is a button called Ratio, press this to change the aspect ratio to 16:9 (may need a few presses to get there). see page 71 of your manual

sherry
17-11-10, 18:24
Your TV is set to the wrong aspect, on your remote under the sliding bit at the bottom is a button called Ratio, press this to change the aspect ratio to 16:9 (may need a few presses to get there). see page 71 of your manual

LOL my manual only goes up to page 67 m8.

i have got it on 16:9 aspect ratio

bob1
17-11-10, 18:25
Just been looking myself, it also recommends 720p for hdmi sources even though it will accept 1080i.

Maxwell
17-11-10, 18:32
full Manual3487
Which input are you connected to ? see if you can find the Horizon option and switch it off also try setting the vu to 720 mode

bob1
17-11-10, 18:36
Same manual i was reading,probably a silly question ,your aren't in PC mode are you?

Maxwell
17-11-10, 18:48
Same manual i was reading

You know bob, I think me and you should make an attempt to get a life :roflmao:

bob1
17-11-10, 18:52
Yes i never thought i would actual join the boring old farts club.

sherry
17-11-10, 19:52
Thank you for the replies guys.

The manual i have is deifferent. I have 3 scarts at the back of my tv and there are none on the manual that you posted.

i have noticed mine ends in eb and the manual ends in ub

bob1
17-11-10, 19:57
Oh well, have you sorted it out yet ,isn't there an option to adjust the image to fit, you say you could move it from one side to the other,anymore options to shrink it, by the way they are the options in the pc mode thats why i asked if you had it in this mode.

sherry
17-11-10, 20:16
Oh well, have you sorted it out yet ,isn't there an option to adjust the image to fit, you say you could move it from one side to the other,anymore options to shrink it, by the way they are the options in the pc mode thats why i asked if you had it in this mode.

not yet m8... i do not have a pc mode.... the only thing i can change when in hdmi is 16:9, 4:3 and zoom...... in menu and go to screen, manual config and i can increase and decrease the H-position which helps a little when i decrease it.

i dont seem to have much settings in my tv to change things...

can the tv firmware be updated so i can change more things?

bob1
17-11-10, 20:49
Are you from the uk?
I can't find your tv listed so i doubt there will be an upgrade or if it would do anything anyway, what happens if you connect via component.

sherry
17-11-10, 21:00
yes i am in the uk

i dont have any component cables to try it m8

bob1
17-11-10, 21:31
Any phono cable would be ok to use if you have any lying around.

sherry
17-11-10, 21:38
i have just tried that and exactly the same m8

i think i will try another image to see that goes

silverfox0786
18-11-10, 17:02
I been looking into lg and I found out that you may possibly have a overscan issue. To change that you need to get into a secret engineers menu. Try a google to se how to do it. Usually on some lg it is both menu buttons on tv and remote for 5 seconds. Make sure if you change anything that you remember what you change so you can go back to it if it messes up anything.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 4.1 using Tapatalk

sherry
18-11-10, 20:18
I been looking into lg and I found out that you may possibly have a overscan issue. To change that you need to get into a secret engineers menu. Try a google to se how to do it. Usually on some lg it is both menu buttons on tv and remote for 5 seconds. Make sure if you change anything that you remember what you change so you can go back to it if it messes up anything.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 4.1 using Tapatalk

thank you m8.

it is hold in menu on tv and remote at same time for 5 seconds.

i have tried changing these settings but no change.

im realy confused now.

i guese i will have to live with it :O(

Maxwell
18-11-10, 20:21
have you tried setting it to 4:3 mode

bob1
18-11-10, 20:25
What a fantastic excuse to buy a new tv for Christmas :sofahide:.

Maxwell
18-11-10, 20:29
What a fantastic excuse to buy a new tv for Christmas :sofahide:.

Was just thinking the same thing :smiley_yup:
we've got to stop meeting like this bob people are going to talk :rofl::whistle:

sherry
18-11-10, 20:34
have you tried setting it to 4:3 mode

yes it just shows grey bars at the side but the picture that is visable is the same.

Maxwell
18-11-10, 20:42
one more for you to try. Download the Auto resolution plugin to the VU and switch it to on

bob1
18-11-10, 20:51
Was just thinking the same thing :smiley_yup:
we've got to stop meeting like this bob people are going to talk :rofl::whistle:
To be honest i thought you were stalking me:eek::D.
Have you tried all the settings in the av setup? scart maybe worth a try.

silverfox0786
18-11-10, 21:16
another help might be to call lg and explain to them the issue and see what they have to say

N/East Unlocker
18-11-10, 22:16
Hi , I just bought my vu+ today , and had the graphics of the menu too far to the left etc ( so couldn't see the first letters ) , but changed the skin and I could see the menus properly :)

B.Rgds

John...

Sicilian
19-11-10, 07:55
Hi , I just bought my vu+ today , and had the graphics of the menu too far to the left etc ( so couldn't see the first letters ) , but changed the skin and I could see the menus properly :)

B.Rgds

John...

With the defualt skin you need to go into the VIX menu then adjust overscan in skin settings.

baz03
03-01-11, 16:35
I have the same problem to tried changing the overscan i take it you mean alter the number next to it? makes no difference
will change skins and start to play!!

Cheers Baz

sherry
03-01-11, 18:08
I have the same problem to tried changing the overscan i take it you mean alter the number next to it? makes no difference

Cheers Baz

hi m8.

would be great to hear if you get it fixed..... i have gave up trying. nothing i tried would fix it

pooface
03-01-11, 20:14

Cheers Baz

You ran all online updates? Iirc, there was a problem where altering the number didn't work ... this was fixed by an online update...

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk