PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 003 released

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 11:41
Apollo 003 has been released.

Online updating is not possible.

Please make a settings backup using following process:

Blue Button > Vix > Backup Manager > Green Button (New Backup)

Download Apollo 003 and flash. After restart, you will be prompted to restore settings at first install wizard.

You can use a settings backup from Zeus, Helios and Apollo 001. You may need to set ABM again of your current version was before changes to support DVB-T and DVB-C.

This thread is not for reporting problems/issues. Please start your own thread as normal

bassethound
04-06-14, 11:48
there are no new images up yet on the download center :(

kiwiz
04-06-14, 11:51
nah am not going to flash again :P really flash flash well

pooface
04-06-14, 12:01
there are no new images up yet on the download center :(

Patience ;) It said is being released...

p7908
04-06-14, 12:06
Hi Abu,
I've been redirected to this page instructing me to back up settings as apollo 003 is being released! Iam not sure what this is about and what i should do, would you please explain in more detail?

Many thanks

Nattrass
04-06-14, 12:08
Wahoo - new flash. Hopefully this will be the start of auto updates :)

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 12:13
Hi Abu,
I've been redirected to this page instructing me to back up settings as apollo 003 is being released! Iam not sure what this is about and what i should do, would you please explain in more detail?

Many thanks

This thread has been made a mandatory read for all users who log on so that they are aware that they cannot perform an online update if they are currently using Apollo 001.

From 003 online updates will be fine.

girginoz
04-06-14, 12:24
i got apollo 3 by online update 03 jun.
when ckd there were about 374 packages available(?). Pressed green.
Automatically created a backup and shut down.
Waited half an hour then powered on.
Found this on flash pen : gb800se-SoftwareUpdate-Apollo.001-2014-06-03_19-52.tar
restored it and it was apollo 03.
But that file was only 3.8MB so i doubt:confused:

nsw9154
04-06-14, 12:33
will this also be Ok to update from Helios

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 12:37
will this also be Ok to update from Helios
You cannot perform an online update. It has to be downlaod image and flash it after making a settings backup (if you want to).

You can use a settings backup from Zeus, Helios and Apollo 001.

You may need to set ABM again of your current version was before changes to support DVB-T and DVB-C.

Junaidbinyasin
04-06-14, 12:38
I have tm nano will be able to update as I couldn't update heolix.

joecarroll1
04-06-14, 12:39
Not sure if I've done this right? I haven't been able to get updates for a few months. Just followed your instructions but still no updates. I'm new to all this so unsure if what I'm doing it right. lol

Gareth.Bruton
04-06-14, 12:40
what does the new image have new

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 12:41
I have tm nano will be able to update as I couldn't update heolix.

TM owners can rejoice. Apollo 003 released including for the TM N2S (Nano 2 Super).

DrStreve
04-06-14, 13:16
hi, everyone am i the only one still getting the clock 1 hour out problem? i have reflashed with this new apollo 003 build and nothing changed clock still says 12:16

egj_soldier
04-06-14, 13:36
still no image for quad plus :(

bassethound
04-06-14, 13:37
Patience ;) It said is being released...

lol i cant wait im a impatient sod with a brand new box to flash :thumbsup:

pooface
04-06-14, 13:40
still no image for quad plus :(

No, because of issues with the display still...

lol i cant wait im a impatient sod with a brand new box to flash :thumbsup:

Well, images are released now are they not?

bassethound
04-06-14, 13:44
yes i over the moon i love you guys :lol3:

Larry-G
04-06-14, 14:07

well with all this flashing, you should be a expert by now and with a settings restore you should be able to do it in less time than it took for you to complain about it.

No.Trace
04-06-14, 14:31
Hi there ...

but aren't there PlugIn that won't be restored ?
I have some PlugIns installed over IPK and they are not there after a reflash.
How can i save all settings and PlugIns ?

CU and Thanks No.Trace

kiwiz
04-06-14, 14:47
This thread has been made a mandatory read for all users who log on so that they are aware that they cannot perform an online update if they are currently using Apollo 001.

From 003 online updates will be fine.

we all hope from 003 online update will be fine

kiwiz
04-06-14, 14:48
reflash you box bud to apollo 003 you can find the download attachment on www.openvix.co.uk

to junainbinjasim

kiwiz
04-06-14, 14:49
Not sure if I've done this right? I haven't been able to get updates for a few months. Just followed your instructions but still no updates. I'm new to all this so unsure if what I'm doing it right. lol

do full reflash if you dont know follow the guide how to flash

kiwiz
04-06-14, 14:56
how to flash look here

http://openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 15:01
Because it takes you 5 minutes?
An update with this amount of packages takes even longer :)

nsw9154
04-06-14, 15:01
Flashed my Miraclebox Premium with Apollo 3 restored backup from Helios set up ABM and got all the cable Bouquets :thumbsup:
still ain't got many channels on cable but ABM is working great I even get the CBBC & CBeeies channels :confused::(

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 15:03
Hi there ...

but aren't there PlugIn that won't be restored ?
I have some PlugIns installed over IPK and they are not there after a reflash.
How can i save all settings and PlugIns ?
In settingsmanager go to menu and set the extra IPK location.

shadows
04-06-14, 15:16
what is ABM thanx

2stein
04-06-14, 15:18
I'm skipping a few flashes... still happy with Helios. :-)

Larry-G
04-06-14, 15:23
what is ABM thanx
AutoBouquetsMaker it basically lets you automate the process if building and maintiining your channel list for sky uk and some other providers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

joecarroll1
04-06-14, 16:15
I'm new to all this. Haven't been able to update for over a month. I've tried to download apollo 003 but still can't get updates. Unsure if I've done something wrong.

joecarroll1
04-06-14, 16:20
Thankd bud, I'll try again. :thumbsup:

knight4728
04-06-14, 16:57
Flashed and all working great on my duo2 and solo2. It also cured a browse network neighbourhood issue on my duo2!

Ojustaboo
04-06-14, 17:11
Probably a stupid question.

Does backing up my settings back up all the settings menu stuff I've customised? EPG stuff, button fast forward times etc?

I know I need to check ABM

Larry-G
04-06-14, 17:15
Probably a stupid question.

Does backing up my settings back up all the settings menu stuff I've customised? EPG stuff, button fast forward times etc?

I know I need to check ABM

yes and you also have the option to customise the backup further by pressing the menu button which will allow you to select files and folders you wish to be added to the backup.

lfc84
04-06-14, 17:55
the work of the programmers who write the code is very much appreciated, but given the number and frequency of releases recently along with other images bricking the receivers i do feel that it would re-assure users if an overview of the changes were given. i dont wish to sound ungrateful for the hard work that goes in to these images but i think users would like to know

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 18:04
All changes are and have always been available in the changelogs and on this forum.

iwg
04-06-14, 18:09
Agree with lfc84 regarding some sort of "version changes release notice" so we know if it's worth going from Zeus to Helios to Apollo etc etc. On Apollo 3, the online upgrade does power my VU+ box off before committing the new image. So as previous posts do say either reflash and re-configure or restore a Backup taken just before upgrade. ALL settings are restore except the CONTENT of some plugin's - settings are there so just need to do rescans to re-populate the data.
Any any mods you have made to root dir (/) - just noticed ~root is at /home/root so ignore that bit. Will update /home/root in future rather than /.:)

Micci
04-06-14, 18:12
None of the backups I made in Apollo 001 could be restored to any version of ViX. Not even to Apollo 001 itself. It just said the backup version isn't compatible. Luckily, I had an old Helios backup as well. Could restore most of my settings.

iwg
04-06-14, 18:12
Just saw reply re change logs - I use those when on the box and upgrading between versions but you don't get those when the build name changes and a new flash is required to "Greek God"-001. Or am I missing a source of info somewhere? Thanks.

bellejt
04-06-14, 18:17
for the restore I opened a new topic.I have the same problem.I could restore from old zeus backup.The box mantioned in INFO that apollo 003 was installed .Afterwords I got a flashing ball to upgrade and box didit and restarted well.

nasssat
04-06-14, 18:29
my solo2 will not take flash from usb what am I doing wrong

Larry-G
04-06-14, 18:31
the work of the programmers who write the code is very much appreciated, but given the number and frequency of releases recently along with other images bricking the receivers i do feel that it would re-assure users if an overview of the changes were given. i dont wish to sound ungrateful for the hard work that goes in to these images but i think users would like to know

As rob says we have always provided users with a full set of changelogs for our images, which is something even Pli dont do. as for receivers being bricked, I'm assuming you are refering to the recent "clone bomb" incident ?, and if so we had absolutely nothing what so ever to do with that.

mrxbox360
04-06-14, 18:39
Both of my solo2 boxes updated & restored from apollo 001 without any problems in under 20 mins :cool:

highlander53
04-06-14, 18:48
:confused:I have new gigablue HD 800 ue plus with open rsi 3.0 ,can I put with my usb stick new Apollo 3 straight on my box upgraden,with no problem?:confused:

lfc84
04-06-14, 20:02
my solo2 will not take flash from usb what am I doing wrong

my appollo 001 had this problem, so i telnet and used reboot command

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 20:32
:confused:I have new gigablue HD 800 ue plus with open rsi 3.0 ,can I put with my usb stick new Apollo 3 straight on my box upgraden,with no problem?:confused:
Image is released, so it is fine as far as we are aware. You can save your chanenl lists using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit or similar programs.

nano18
04-06-14, 21:06
Flashed my TM-Nano-OE without keeping/restoring settings and it's working great. I couldn't get one of the boutiques back in ABM (got Freesat fine, but it doesn't offer a package on 19.2 which I had in Zeus). Used Dreamboxedit to make a similar one quickly and all good now. Thanks.

Wizard55
04-06-14, 21:13
Hi Guys, Just did an online update from Apollo 001 to Apollo 003. It updated 340 packages. Was I supposed to do a reflash ?

mickyblueys
04-06-14, 21:18
Hi Guys, Just did an online update from Apollo 001 to Apollo 003. It updated 340 packages. Was I supposed to do a reflash ?

Basically yes

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Wizard55
04-06-14, 21:19
well I didn't log on here until afterwards. Everything working fine. So do I need to reflash ?

Basically yes

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 21:22
well I didn't log on here until afterwards. Everything working fine. So do I need to reflash ?
Which box?

Wizard55
04-06-14, 21:26
Gigablue Quad Rob

Which box?

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 21:28
Then you'll probably be fine now.

rossi2000
04-06-14, 21:39
wasnt it only the vu's with the issue?

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 21:42
Yep .

rossi2000
04-06-14, 21:43
ahh .

cactikid
04-06-14, 23:44
well many users maybe on pre zeus image:D so would presume whole new reflash and no settings used and start from scratch again:violin::confused:

abu baniaz
04-06-14, 23:46
well many users maybe on pre zeus image:D so would presume whole new reflash and no settings used and start from scratch again:violin::confused:

They would have to do that anyway for Zeus, Helios or Apollo 001.

Larry-G
04-06-14, 23:48

Eventually people are going to have to either, just suck it up, reflash to a updated image and stop complaining, or resign them selves to using a no longer updated or supported image. as frankly complaining about totally free software all the time is going to get them no where.

cactikid
04-06-14, 23:54
i was happy on the old system but maybe now might be the time to jump/upgrade,life passes by so quick:D

if i ranted somewhere i must have been sleep posting,cheers guys.

Larry-G
04-06-14, 23:57
i was happy on the old system but maybe now might be the time to jump/upgrade,life passes by so quick:D

It takes me less than the time it takes to make a cuppa to fresh flash any of my receivers so i really do not get the hostility some users have against flashing a image every now and again, and if they really do not like the newer images they simply need to make a Image backup of their current system from which they can restore if needed.

cactikid
05-06-14, 00:02
maybe thats why i drive an old car dont do test runs,maybe it was the names i did not like:D

judge
05-06-14, 00:02
Eventually people are going to have to either, just suck it up, reflash to a updated image and stop complaining, or resign them selves to using a no longer updated or supported image. as frankly complaining about totally free software all the time is going to get them no where.

Or use another image.
I know what I'd prefer to do, learn to flash if you don't know how...
A lot easier than using some other images.
Nobody forces anyone to use ViX. The recent required ViX re-flash's have hopefully helped new users in how easy it is to reflash though.

cactikid
05-06-14, 00:06
something about vix would always recommend it to use,its simple and works:thumbsup:

mrxbox360
05-06-14, 00:25
i don't understand why people keep moaning it took me approx 30 mins to flash & restore 2x solo2 boxes :confused:

highlander53
05-06-14, 06:57
thx for the respons:thumbsup:
Image is released, so it is fine as far as we are aware. You can save your chanenl lists using Dreamset/Dreamboxedit or similar programs.

snoopy2013
05-06-14, 06:58
Reflash und restore of Settings (at least at most it worked - the remaining adjustments were done in 5 minutes): now all works fine with "Apollo 003". :)

On this occasion of me once again a very big "thank you" to the whole ViX-Team for a really great job. :thumbsup:

skronk
05-06-14, 07:21
I will be reflashing from Vix 3 808 to apollo 003.

Do I save timers xml and autotimers xml to desktop and ftp back to apollo in order to preserve my timers settings ? (Wife has too many to re-enter!)

Thanks

Rob van der Does
05-06-14, 07:23
I will be reflashing from Vix 3 808 to apollo 003.
Do I save timers xml and autotimers xml to desktop and ftp back to apollo in order to preserve my timers settings ? (Wife has too many to re-enter!)
Yep, no problem. Just make sure to stop E2 ('init 4') before adding the files and start E2 ('init 3') again when done.

skronk
05-06-14, 07:38
Yep, no problem. Just make sure to stop E2 ('init 4') before adding the files and start E2 ('init 3') again when done.

I don't know how to Telnet using DCC !!!!!

Flash FXP will work though ?

Thanks.

Rob van der Does
05-06-14, 07:53
Well, in DCC click on 'Telnet'.

skronk
05-06-14, 08:27
Well, in DCC click on 'Telnet'.
I thought that might be the case, but not sure what to do after that !!

No.Trace
05-06-14, 11:49
In settingsmanager go to menu and set the extra IPK location.

Hey Rob ...

thanks a lot ... a new funktion that i did't know ;)

cu

Stanman
05-06-14, 15:25
i don't understand why people keep moaning it took me approx 30 mins to flash & restore 2x solo2 boxes :confused:

Your slow old boy, I did 4 boxes in that time:eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

stevie65
05-06-14, 16:39
Hi.
I have a technomate TM-2T, do I have to load a new bootloader first before I flash Apollo?
Thanks, Steve.

judge
05-06-14, 17:11
Hi.
I have a technomate TM-2T, do I have to load a new bootloader first before I flash Apollo?
Thanks, Steve.

What image had you on it previously?

stevie65
05-06-14, 17:13
What image had you on it previously?

Hi Judge. I had Helios on it which I flashed a few weeks ago.

judge
05-06-14, 17:21
Hi Judge. I had Helios on it which I flashed a few weeks ago.

No need for another bootloader flash so.

stevie65
05-06-14, 17:24
No need for another bootloader flash so.

Ok. Thank you for your reply.
Steve.

mrxbox360
05-06-14, 19:42
Your slow old boy, I did 4 boxes in that time:eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The problem was i getting on a bit now so things slow down :violin: lol

copex
05-06-14, 19:50
so i updated my boxs the read this thread :-) any chance you could add some code to show a update is avaible and when you go to update it it just shows a message advising a reflash is required for people who maynot login every day?

Larry-G
05-06-14, 19:56
so i updated my boxs the read this thread :-) any chance you could add some code to show a update is avaible and when you go to update it it just shows a message advising a reflash is required for people who maynot login every day?

Such a addition to the image would not be a easy thing to do, plus we advise users about such things in multiple ways like the forum, by twitter and facebook etc, This is also the reason why we have been forcing users to fresh flash by renaming the image lately but users still complain about that, so we cant win no matter what we do.

lemi
05-06-14, 20:44
I'm more interested to know why all of sudden this changes?Zeus-Helios-Apollo.....:confused:

Larry-G
05-06-14, 20:51
I'm more interested to know why all of sudden this changes?Zeus-Helios-Apollo.....:confused:

If you actually read the release threads for those image revisions we explain exactly why.

sigpark
05-06-14, 21:18
Apollo 003 is being released.

Online updating is not possible.

Please make a settings backup using following process:

Download Apollo 003 and flash. After restart, you will be prompted to restore settings at first install wizard.

I have been meaning to report some "gaps" in the back-up process for a while - I hope you don't mind? Paths of some of the items in bold

root\etc - CCcam.cfg is backed up but not CCcam_0.cfg CCcam_1.cfg etc. for the selection of different CCcam providers via "Blue Button"

root\etc\enigma2 - no skin_user files are backed up.

root\usr\keys mg_cfg and newcamd.list are not included (oscam and for the most part cccam files are backed up)

root\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter .py scripts that may be additional to the standard e.g. DMCHDCaidDisplay.py required for Novum family skins on feed are not backed up

I hope this helps. Perhaps this is by design? Thanks

leonc
05-06-14, 21:33
Have update to apollo on TM-2T from helios. However, when I try media to get to networks the system crashes and reboot. Networks have been recognised, user name and password ok and saved. Helios was the same but I could get past the media button to the listed network. Both on Helios and Apollo I did a restore from Zeus backup. Maybe I should do a clean install. Any ideas? Thanks

sigpark
05-06-14, 21:43
I have been meaning to report some "gaps" in the back-up process for a while - I hope you don't mind? Paths of some of the items in bold

root\etc\enigma2 - no skin_user files are backed up.

SORRY - root\etc\enigma2 has now been included and am happy to report skin_user restore works fine with Apollo 003 - I don't think it did in Apollo 001! Other paths do not restore per my post.

Thanks

salad01
05-06-14, 21:44
When is it being released

Maxwell
05-06-14, 21:46
When is it being released
If you mean Apollo 3 it is already in the download centre and has been for a few days

tvtv
06-06-14, 03:31
I used the VIX - Image Manager, press YELLOW for new downloads... downloaded Apollo 003 >>> flashed with built-in flash programme (didnt use usb and didnt have to get out of my seat once)... Vu+ Duo 2 did its usual backup prior to the flash... did a restore after reboot , restored settings from last backup from Apollo 001... restored plugins... updated picons found (not sure why it insists on backing everything up and rebooting again just for the picons, overkill)... and voila, all done... and all in the time in took to click my remote and drink a beer :)

Rob van der Does
06-06-14, 05:41
.... and voila, all done... and all in the time in took to click my remote and drink a beer :)
That's why we call it 'couch flashing' :)

BTW: The beer is not required for the procedure.

EsSa55
06-06-14, 11:51
Restoring settings worked for me the first time only.

The box crashed overnight so I tried the install again.

I have not been able to successfully restore settings (Apollo 001) with either 003 or 001 image.

First tried restoring settings and plugins.

Seemed to worked but just hangs on the final "Loading Please Wait...."

Same with just settings and not plugins, on 001 and 003.

Seems I must install 003 without restoring anything.

Rob van der Does
06-06-14, 12:48
You can always manually restore: unzip the settings backup, stop E2 (telnet 'init 4'), FTP the files and start E2 ('init 3').

EsSa55
06-06-14, 12:59
You can always manually restore: unzip the settings backup, stop E2 (telnet 'init 4'), FTP the files and start E2 ('init 3').

Thanks, Rob.

However, the backed-up settings do not seem to be the problem.

I did fresh install of 003 with no attempt at restoring settings.

Then needed to restart.

I now have the same problem of hanging at "Loading Please Wait........"

Perhaps its the hd swap file or something??

Best

Rob van der Does
06-06-14, 13:08
Without logs impossible to tell.

EsSa55
06-06-14, 13:32
Without logs impossible to tell.

I set swap file and then rebooted.

No problem.

I then restored settings and same problem.

I have a number of settings backups and they all give same problem.

The only time it worked was when I first did a new install of 003 and restored settings and plugins.

Since then, doing exactly the same with 001 OR 003, "Loading Please Wait.........."

Log file attached.

Thanks.

I've since tried a full backup install of Zeus from mid-May.

Hangs exactly the same.

"Loading Please Wait......"

Circles on display......

abu baniaz
06-06-14, 14:26
Please start your own thread with issues. We'll move your existing posts.

We can't have one thread for all problems.

gregler
06-06-14, 16:11
Hi. Downloaded latest image onto a VU Solo2 and majority of the HD channels are not working. They did work before updating Any help would be appreciated.

rossi2000
06-06-14, 16:14
its nothing to do with the image as to why those channels arent working.

abu baniaz
06-06-14, 16:25
Thank you for reading.

For any problems, please start a thread in the normal method.

Click on this for details on how to make a report (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33155-ALL-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ!-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!)