PDA

View Full Version : lost volume control on VU+DUO remote

garymac66
03-06-14, 19:33
All of a sudden i have lost volume control on my handset? tried rebooting but nothing? i have everything else ok and red button illuminates when buttons are pressed but no volume bar or sound increase/decrease? tried rebooting but nothing?

Maxwell
03-06-14, 19:37
check that downmix is on

Larry-G
03-06-14, 19:38
Have you setup your remote control for the TV ?

you could try resetting the Remote control unit back to it's default status by the below steps.

1. Press 1 and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
3. This will reverse the RCU into a none configured state

garymac66
04-06-14, 14:44
well i checked my downmix was on and it was,
then followed phoenix prompt which lost everything? defaulted back to terrestial TV? i take it i reboot system now
Done that but still no volume control from handset?

it has been working fine since system was installed on saturday i havent knowingly changed anything in settings:mad:

Trial
04-06-14, 14:52
Hi,
have you done something with CEC? Disable CEC at the box if it is enabled.

ciao

garymac66
04-06-14, 15:39
CEC under the USB connection is empty? so frustrating as my vol control is via TV now and even on max my sound isnt really good enough for my hearing,

judge
04-06-14, 15:41
You can use WebIF or a smart phone app to turn up the volume on the box for now till you find a solution...

garymac66
04-06-14, 15:44
Cheers Judge but wouldnt know where to start......sure its got to be a setting issue as its worked fine till yesterday will keep trawling forum and hope someone has a simple solution

Larry-G
04-06-14, 16:00
well i checked my downmix was on and it was,
then followed phoenix prompt which lost everything? defaulted back to terrestial TV? i take it i reboot system now
:

Can't see how that would happen, all the instructions I posted do is restore the RCU to factory default, it does not touch the receiver at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

garymac66
04-06-14, 17:00
phoenix thanks i did the reset so the 9,9,6 is one after the other ? this put box to standby mode so reset and receiver rebooted at this point you say handset goes back to factory settings so what does that do to handset at that point? since i done that i noticed my channel button no longer pages down just goes 1 item at a time in menus? is that an indication im back to factory default

Larry-G
04-06-14, 17:05
phoenix thanks i did the reset so the 9,9,6 is one after the other ? this put box to standby mode so reset and receiver rebooted at this point you say handset goes back to factory settings so what does that do to handset at that point? since i done that i noticed my channel button no longer pages down just goes 1 item at a time in menus? is that an indication im back to factory default

No it should not touch the receiver at all. this just resets the RCU back to factory default in the case where you for example have set it up for a TV. if the receiver rebooted while you were doing this, you either did it incorrectly or have a old old remote control unit that can not be programmed. How old is the receiver / remote ?.

garymac66
07-06-14, 17:12
starting to think this is a faulty handset is there an opportunity to purchase a replacement handset?

nsw9154
07-06-14, 18:07
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-plus-Duo-Duo2-Solo-Solo2-Uno-Ultimo-Genuine-New-Style-Universal-Remote-Control

from the sponsors

garymac66
07-06-14, 18:20
AT LAST IM SORTED !!!!! i somehow had HDMI CEC enabled in my settings........ now a happy chappy:amen::lol3:

garymac66
07-06-14, 18:33
thanks for everyones help

Trial
07-06-14, 18:52
Hi,
for the record. Read answers more careful as the solution was already in post #5:-)

ciao