PDA

View Full Version : more HD channels gone

nsw9154
03-06-14, 15:00
I have been looking to see how many HD channels have been stopped by s*y so far but could not find a updated list on here so I did a bit of research
and I found these on another site looks like more went yesterday & today so I thought I would post them I hope it is ok :)

Channels gone so far..
Sly 1 HD
Sly living HD
Sly Atlantic HD
History HD
Crime HD
National Geographic UK HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Sly Arts 1 HD
Sly Arts 2 HD
Sly Premier HD
Sly Sci Fi / Horror HD
Sly Disney HD
Sly Family HD
Sly Showcase HD
Sly Drama HD
Sly Thriller HD
Sly Greats HD
Sly Select HD

bassethound
03-06-14, 15:38
no one will care until the sports channels go

then the world will stop turning for a lot of people:smash:

Larry-G
03-06-14, 15:39

Haha very true mate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marty
03-06-14, 15:47

Will be gutted when there is no WWE in HD (Divas in HD :trustme: )

bassethound
03-06-14, 15:50
Sly is not the only HD provider in the UK ;)

Larry-G
03-06-14, 16:00
Sly is not the only HD provider in the UK ;)

Indeed, but for some of us Sky is currently the only viable option, especially when we have no access to cable or terrestrial broadcasts.

skronk
03-06-14, 17:21

True......but only because the rest is dross. I have 2 hdds full of Blue Bloods, Rizolli & Isles. King & Maxwell, Arrow, Beauty & the Beast. etc, etc,....ad infinitum !!
Not my work....my wifes:smash:....Oh I forgot NCIS, Hawaii 5-0...........The things I have to tolerate !!!!

skronk
03-06-14, 17:27
Indeed, but for some of us Sky is currently the only viable option, especially when we have no access to cable or terrestrial broadcasts.
I am that man !

Larry-G
03-06-14, 17:32
I am that man ! Yup me too. Hopefully not for long though as BT are currently fitting the cabs for infinity in my village, I spoke to one of them the other day while coming back from a hunting outing, and he said we should have it in weeks. so fingers crossed.

gerryd13
03-06-14, 17:48
we cant get virgin media in durham :mad:

Larry-G
03-06-14, 17:49
we cant get virgin media in durham :mad:

I know I live around 6 miles from the castle my self

gerryd13
03-06-14, 17:50
about 4 miles for me...:thumbsup:

gerryd13
03-06-14, 17:51
its so crap around here, im on super fibre broadband and i only get 38mb d/l :confused:

Larry-G
03-06-14, 17:57
its so crap around here, im on super fibre broadband and i only get 38mb d/l :confused:

LMAO you'r spoiled then, We currently have Victorian era twisted copper wire and a max of 8 meg DL which is usually half that.

mickyblueys
03-06-14, 18:26
LMAO you'r spoiled then, We currently have Victorian era twisted copper wire and a max of 8 meg DL which is usually half that.

I'm the same no cable. No bt infinity......now very little HD. It sucks!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Larry-G
03-06-14, 18:27
I'm the same no cable. No bt infinity......now very little HD. It sucks!

LOL seems us up that there north are always the hard done by LOL.

mickyblueys
03-06-14, 18:28
Yeah, and we are sly's number 1 customer!

Martincape
03-06-14, 20:10
I live in a small town in West Cumbria. No one has even heard of us but we have Infinity 2, 78mb DL ;)

mickyblueys
03-06-14, 20:19
I live in a small town in West Cumbria. No one has even heard of us but we have Infinity 2, 78mb DL ;)

I'm extremely jealous........all of my estate has BT INFINITY except my street. I've been in touch with bt and there response was it was not financially viable for them to upgrade my cabinet......bummer!

All's I know now is when I next move house superfast bb is one of my top priorities!

Stanman
03-06-14, 21:14
My whole town has cable except my street:eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

leeski
03-06-14, 21:36
Without wanting to sound completely daft :confused:

My current viewing platform is satellite, and as discussed, once the sports goes to non hd I will be sad :rolleyes:

We have infinity at a respectable 38 megs... BT offer (although I haven't got it) their youview box but I thought that wasn't classed as cable! it uses a standard ariel for tv & ethernet for all on demand content. When we lived in Northampton we had a cable box and that was a physical Ariel cable coming through the ground into the house... NTL, useless customer service lol.

When my beloved hd sports goes from my dish can I use my infinity line for a cable box?

Ps... Anyone watch Shipping Wars in SD on History... Jenifer looked really rough in SD last night so I googled her (I know) and Roy (the obnoxious long haired guy) died in Jan of a heart attack aged 49!

bassethound
03-06-14, 22:15
Got vermin for my super fast broadband 120m luckily as bt have no intent of rolling out fiber to my local street cabinet and the best speed on copper is 4 meg depending on how the wind is blowing :thumbsup:

Sirius
03-06-14, 22:33
My whole town has cable except my street:eek:

I know the feeling they just keep saying few more weeks few more weeks just needs our cabinet activated... :( they been saying this since Feb!!

Edit fiber a mean... Cable not coming until about 20/20 lol

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

nsw9154
05-06-14, 12:46
Sly Sports 4 HD has gone as well looks like they will all be gone by next week :eek:

DaMacFunkin
05-06-14, 14:11
TBH can't ever remember watching SS4 HD, ah well, confirmed to be on VM end of July.

bassethound
05-06-14, 14:26
SS3/SS4/F1 HD are testing/active now as Channel A/B/C on cable

icemen
05-06-14, 14:39
ive got vermin media in our area, do you think i should invest in a cable box instead of sat box?

thor1
05-06-14, 15:18
I'm extremely jealous........all of my estate has BT INFINITY except my street. I've been in touch with bt and there response was it was not financially viable for them to upgrade my cabinet......bummer!

All's I know now is when I next move house superfast bb is one of my top priorities!

I am exactly same in the north west, I all the estate as BT infinity except our street, they say it is not financially viable, might be most of the street got cable

mickyblueys
05-06-14, 15:19
I am exactly same in the north west, I all the estate as BT infinity except our street, they say it is not financially viable, might be most of the street got cable

Cable isn't here either. Stuck between a rock and a hard place!

nsw9154
05-06-14, 16:07
I have a Virmin Tivo box with the XL package, so I get BT sports 1&2 Eurosport 2 & British Eurosport in HD as my main sport that I like to watch is Motorbikes :cool:
they are the main channels to watch, but with a bit of luck BT might get a few more packages than sly next time and hit murdock where it hurts :D

DaMacFunkin
05-06-14, 18:49
BT have already stolen sky's champions league coverage from the 2015 -16 season so expect when the current xl deal runs out with VM it will probably become a premium package.

DaMacFunkin
05-06-14, 18:51
ive got vermin media in our area, do you think i should invest in a cable box instead of sat box?

Get a duo2 and do both (in style) lol
:cool:

marty
05-06-14, 18:57
VDSL here, 38 down and 5 up shitty little village in the middle of nowhere France :p

kevdoc
06-06-14, 02:53
Get a duo2 and do both (in style) lol
:cool:

Didn't know u could use a vermin card? How do u get the box to read the card from my vermin sub? I have a gigablue quad with twin sat in it atm. I could easily put a dvb c tuner in it also

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mrxbox360
06-06-14, 08:26
Got vermin for my super fast broadband 120m luckily as bt have no intent of rolling out fiber to my local street cabinet and the best speed on copper is 4 meg depending on how the wind is blowing :thumbsup:

Sounds just like where I live, I recently reported I wasn't getting what I paid for broadband speeds An I was told I'd need a superhub 2 at £49.99.
I asked for a engineer to come out & he checked found my original superhub to be failing & fitted me a superhub2 free of charge so now my mac can run wireless on 5g pulling 120mb wireless.

DaMacFunkin
06-06-14, 09:42
Didn't know u could use a vermin card? How do u get the box to read the card from my vermin sub? I have a gigablue quad with twin sat in it atm. I could easily put a dvb c tuner in it also

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2you need to decap your chip in your VM box and read the CPU key out, then reball the Icc back onto the board so you are able to update your entitlements, it's not for the faint hearted...
That's the first part of it anyway.

kevdoc
07-06-14, 22:40
you need to decap your chip in your VM box and read the CPU key out, then reball the Icc back onto the board so you are able to update your entitlements, it's not for the faint hearted...
That's the first part of it anyway.

Think il give it a skip lol sounds like to much of a job

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

nsw9154
07-06-14, 22:53
I should have stated in my post that I am using a Tivo box to watch BT Sports 1&2 HD and the Eurosports HD channels
I was hoping that their would be a way to use my Virmin Subscription card in my cable box but their is no chance of that :nono:
but at least I do not have to use the Horrible Tivo Remote Controle any more as I bought myself a Harmony 650 :D :thumbsup:

Flyingpig
08-06-14, 00:25
Not sure is Sly News HD has gone off tonight... I have a black screen along with Sly Sports 2 HD,,,,,

can anyone double check?

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 00:29
Not sure is Sly News HD has gone off tonight... I have a black screen along with Sly Sports 2 HD,,,,,

can anyone double check?
Not gone yet......

Flyingpig
08-06-14, 00:35
Definitely has for me..... Ah well....Exactly the same result as the HD Movie channels... S*y News HD was okay today, was watching with the wife, but now the black death has come up my TV.....

duoduo
08-06-14, 08:32
SSN all ok here too..

Stanman
08-06-14, 11:28
As is sky news Hd here

garyblas
08-06-14, 13:47
Sky Sports 4 HD gone today

Larry-G
08-06-14, 14:10
Sky Sports 4 HD gone today

Sky sports HD went nearly a week ago.

garyblas
08-06-14, 14:18
Sky sports HD went nearly a week ago.

? was working ok on friday

Larry-G
08-06-14, 14:20
? was working ok on friday

It went last Tuesday, some people reported that it simply changed frequency but that was a cockup by sky as they were broadcasting sky sports 1 HD with the sky sports 4 HD name by mistake.

garyblas
08-06-14, 14:22
AS cant get ITV Encore HD is there a SD frequency?

DaMacFunkin
08-06-14, 15:17
Doesnt launch till tomorrow..

tireeteror
08-06-14, 22:58
I have been looking to see how many HD channels have been stopped by s*y so far but could not find a updated list on here so I did a bit of research
and I found these on another site looks like more went yesterday & today so I thought I would post them I hope it is ok :)

Channels gone so far..
Sly 1 HD
Sly living HD
Sly Atlantic HD
History HD
Crime HD
National Geographic UK HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Sly Arts 1 HD
Sly Arts 2 HD
Sly Premier HD
Sly Sci Fi / Horror HD
Sly Disney HD
Sly Family HD
Sly Showcase HD
Sly Drama HD
Sly Thriller HD
Sly Greats HD
Sly Select HD

I just looked on the S*Y site and most of the channels you mentioned are still there in HD, they are advertising it on their website. You must be mistaken somehow.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/high-definition/

Read through the entire thread and too many of you are saying channels are gone for it to be a mistake. So what am I missing as S*Y are obviously still broadcasting them, so what are you all talking about?

Larry-G
08-06-14, 23:01
I just looked on the S*Y site and most of the channels you mentioned are still there in HD, they are advertising it on their website. You must be mistaken somehow.

yes they are working on official sky receivers, it's the third party receivers such as the Vu+ solo2 that these channels no longer work on.

abu baniaz
08-06-14, 23:02
Welcome.

The thread is about HD channels not being available on E2 receivers.

Larry-G
08-06-14, 23:05

Read through the entire thread and too many of you are saying channels are gone for it to be a mistake. So what am I missing as S*Y are obviously still broadcasting them, so what are you all talking about?

read the thread again, this is not about sky's own receivers but third party receivers such as those by Vu+, we dont want to use the receivers sky are peddling upon us, we want the choice to use our own legally owned third-party receivers with our subscriptions as is our rite under EU law.

tireeteror
08-06-14, 23:59
Ah OK I was a bit confused.

I have a VU+ Duo2 but have not turned the TV on for over a week as I just moved house. I guess Im going to be missing channels now too! Is there any solution for this and anyone any idea what Sky have done to cause this?

Walt
09-06-14, 01:09
Ah OK I was a bit confused.

I have a VU+ Duo2 but have not turned the TV on for over a week as I just moved house. I guess Im going to be missing channels now too! Is there any solution for this and anyone any idea what Sky have done to cause this?

No solution and they've changed their encryption method to check the card is in an official receiver.

tireeteror
09-06-14, 03:31
No solution and they've changed their encryption method to check the card is in an official receiver.

Does that render users with ccams useless for that purpose?

MrKappa
09-06-14, 11:14
read the thread again, this is not about sky's own receivers but third party receivers such as those by Vu+, we dont want to use the receivers sky are peddling upon us, we want the choice to use our own legally owned third-party receivers with our subscriptions as is our rite under EU law.

Hello, do you have a link of the EU law that you mention here? I could not find it. Thanks

twol
09-06-14, 11:42

In Germany, where there has been a long tradition of using satellite transmission and sat receivers, there are groups of people joining together to take Sky to court (a bit like a USA class action) since they started about 6 weeks ago to force Sky users to use ONLY Sky receivers (obviously only so users can play with the latest and best technology :) )
Many Germans as a matter of course have an insurance that covers court costs, so they have no issues in going to court.
Also many users have never been issued a new contract when Sky took over Premiere (which was just basically a card to allow access to their services and it worked on all receivers), so Sky are on extremely thin ground.

It will be interesting, Sky's willingness to risk their business in Europe (if the Germans win, it is more likely to happen in EU) for control of their users :)

PAUL7331
09-06-14, 12:33
So when all the HD channels are gone do we need to purchase an E2 CABLE box to get these channels back? Is there a similar 'world of cable' forum we can go to? :)

DaMacFunkin
09-06-14, 12:37
You could always just take the card out your E2 box and watch them on your official Sky Box.

jojo77
09-06-14, 13:19
All my hd channels listed above have gone today. How do I get them back?

PAUL7331
09-06-14, 13:21
You could always just take the card out your E2 box and watch them on your official Sky Box.

Yes good idea! sly uk dead so may as well sell my E2 box and use my official sly receiver!:rolleyes:

PAUL7331
09-06-14, 13:23
All my hd channels listed above have gone today. How do I get them back?

I doubt you will ever be able to mate. Not on E2 boxes anyway!

Sirius
09-06-14, 22:56
Yes good idea! sly uk dead so may as well sell my E2 box and use my official sly receiver!:rolleyes:

Why sell your E2 reciever just because you carnt get HD sly there is plenty of other alternatives out there. Not to mention that a decent E2 box is way more than just a bog standard satellite reciever it can do so much more....

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

cactikid
10-06-14, 00:01
you say you cant get the hd back on e2 boxes,and the new generation of boxes with swappable tuners by adding cable tuners are not e2??,life changes and so do roads we take :)

judge
10-06-14, 00:18
you say you cant get the hd back on e2 boxes,and the new generation of boxes with swappable tuners by adding cable tuners are not e2??,life changes and so do roads we take :)

Swapping a tuner on an E2 box doesn't make it a non E2 box? :confused::confused::confused:

cactikid
10-06-14, 00:38
correct an e2 box with cable functions as e2 boxes are not dieing;)

mr_foj
10-06-14, 02:15
can i put a cable tuner in my vu solo 2

Stanman
10-06-14, 09:10
can i put a cable tuner in my vu solo 2

No only usb one.

dfdream
10-06-14, 15:21
With all the HD channels going black will the enigma boxes be worthless as most of the UK channels are not on FTA in HD anyway. (ITV 2/3/4/Encore, c4 IRL, C5, BBC3 going) ?

Larry-G
10-06-14, 15:29
It would be naive to say it wont hit the UK receiver market but to those of us who enjoy satellite tv as a hobby, E2 boxes will never be worthless.

duoduo
10-06-14, 15:47
[QUOTE=Stanman;296479]No only usb one.

Is there such a thing then as USB cable tuner?

Larry-G
10-06-14, 16:00

Yes but dont ask me where to get one as I dont know.

DaMacFunkin
10-06-14, 16:36
Sundtek online shop (Germany) a bit pricey but works really well, i run one on a solo2 and I've got another in the post.
P.s. I bet that by Christmas you will be able to send your main board of your sly box away to have the key dumped, this thing will snowball.

Larry-G
10-06-14, 16:51
P.s. I bet that by Christmas you will be able to send your main board of your sly box away to have the key dumped, this thing will snowball.

Not if what I have heard is any thing to go by, but we'll just wait and see, who knows what might happen ?.

rickfun
10-06-14, 16:58
Will we loose all the sd channels as well do u think

Larry-G
10-06-14, 17:00
Will we loose all the sd channels as well do u think

No one really knows, so at the moment it's all just speculation.

The Lambton Worm
10-06-14, 19:11
Sky Sports 3 HD & Sky Sports News HD have gone for me now.

drs101
11-06-14, 16:23

PCTV Systems DVB-T2 292e nanoStick HD TV Tuner, works well on my ET9000 but I use it for DVB-T2 but does cable DVB-C

duoduo
11-06-14, 19:56
Do you need to install a driver from feeds to use this one drs101?

nsw9154
12-06-14, 11:12
Looks like F1 HD has gone as well unless it's been moved :confused:

charliesen
12-06-14, 19:33
Won't be long before all the hd channels are gone at this rate

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

duoduo
12-06-14, 20:00
I reckon that's the plan. So how many people are jumping onto the VM band wagon to get there HD fix.. Can anyone confirm if that avenue is likely to get HD shutdown just in case I decide to follow suit?

millfieldlad
12-06-14, 20:04
Like CS , who knows ??

duoduo
12-06-14, 20:07
Wasn't referring to CS I meant using a legitimate sub on a duo2

DaMacFunkin
12-06-14, 21:24
To use your legitimate VM sub you will be using key emulation, so they would have to come up with something different, they may eventually try to lower the ECM times to try and knock out cs servers as N3 cards can't take as much battering as NDS, but even that wouldn't make any difference if you have local card.

nsw9154
19-06-14, 14:26
Looks like Sky Sports 1 HD as gone the journey so thats all the HD sports channels gone :(

mickyblueys
19-06-14, 15:29
Do you not mean sky sports 2hd, sky sports 1hd went off a while back???

nsw9154
19-06-14, 15:32
Do you not mean sky sports 2hd, sky sports 1hd went off a while back???

sky sports 2HD went off last week Sky sports 1HD was still working for me yesterday :)

mickyblueys
19-06-14, 15:33
Other way round for me

nsw9154
19-06-14, 15:37
They must be doing it to get us all Confused :confused:

Larry-G
24-06-14, 12:17
more channels gone today for the black Thursday / foggy Tuesday thread.

0F2C : SyFy HD UK
0F5C : ITV 2 HD
0F5D : ITV 3 HD
0F5E : ITV 4 HD
0EEF : Fox HD U.K.
0F43 : TLC HD
0F45 : Alibi HD
0F24 : E4 HD
0F50 : Lifetime HD
0F1B : Good Food HD
0F3D : Sly Select HD UK
0EDE : MTV Live HD
0F41 : Animal Planet HD
0F1C : Eden HD
0F1D : Nickelodeon HD
0FC9 : Star Plus UK

DaMacFunkin
24-06-14, 12:29
Jeez that's a cull an half, do we know if any of those channels are FTV? Or are they all in premium packages?

Larry-G
24-06-14, 12:33
I would imagine the ITV channels are FTV and the rest premium but thats just a guess on my part.

Mr. Mister
24-06-14, 12:37
Thats alot of channels in one foul swop.. lol

selondoner
24-06-14, 12:45
I would imagine the ITV channels are FTV and the rest premium but thats just a guess on my part.

ITV2 HD - ITV4 HD are exclusive to Sky HD subscribers. A way for ITV to charge for its content.

You only get the SD versions on Freesat and Freeview.

^^COMPASS^^
24-06-14, 14:02
SyFy HD UK is still ok

bassethound
24-06-14, 14:47
just repeats and cheap low budget/production American crap wont be missed by me

nsw9154
24-06-14, 15:06
I have only been watching ITV Because the World Cup footy is only on ITV & BBC :rolleyes:

mind you that's one hell of a hit list for one day sly are having a ball

OK i will get my coat lol

Stanman
24-06-14, 15:12
Oh god earache from the wife

Larry-G
24-06-14, 15:17
SyFy HD UK is still ok

Yes confirmed here too.

DaMacFunkin
24-06-14, 16:33
ITV2 HD - ITV4 HD are exclusive to Sky HD subscribers. A way for ITV to charge for its content.

You only get the SD versions on Freesat and Freeview.
But they are available on Virgin Media, they used to be exclusive to $ly but not for about 10 months now.

DaMacFunkin
24-06-14, 16:34
just repeats and cheap low budget/production American crap wont be missed by me
Err and football..

goosegog
24-06-14, 16:43
Football is shocking in SD.my local has still got a SD projector.by about half time it improves by the minute[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMacFunkin
24-06-14, 17:35
Here's my updated xml, it also includes latest channel number changes, and as always 'hides' the dark channels further up the channel list.
***If you have never used my xml before make sure you unhide any sections you might be hiding before overwriting your xml (you can re-hide them later).
**** You need to have HD region selected and swap channels enabled for this swap to work.

gab2001uk
24-06-14, 22:15
I lost all my HD channels today, and googled the problem, having suspected it was due to a change in encryption. I knew it was coming eventually.

Just come off the phone from Sky. They have given me two free new HD boxes, another one for £49, and 2 multiroom subs for £2.50 p/m each for a year. I also get a new card, so the old one will act as a freesat from sky card once it is switched off, and remain in the VU+Duo for the FTA channels. Other rooms will now only get FTA on E2, but 3 rooms still get my full subscription, and the SkyGo can be used over the internet, so not a bad deal.

dfdream
25-06-14, 09:01
I think its time to go cold turkey. (Save my €1000 a year). Sorry €1200 a year.
Talked to a few mates that are contemplating switching to the dark side and just having SD (until that goes too).
Mashup will suffice for now...

bassethound
25-06-14, 09:50
Err and football..

its just more repeats of the national team getting beat at every European/World cup :D

DaMacFunkin
25-06-14, 12:49
Well I watched Luis Suarez bite some Italian guy in HD on ITV4 yesterday, it will be a bigger loss than people are letting on, especially when the Europa League starts.

nsw9154
25-06-14, 13:13
ITV4 did some good coverage of this years Isle of Man TT Races and it looked great in HD luckily I have my Tivo Box so I still get BT Sports 1&2 & Eurosport 1&2 in HD, But for how long will they be in HD on satellite will they be next :confused:

duoduo
26-06-14, 07:31
Channel 5HD gone for me this morning

vuduofan
26-06-14, 07:39
Disney jnr hd seems to have gone today too

ronand
26-06-14, 08:12
Disney Jr hd
Disney channel hd
Disney xd hd
More 4 hd
Channel 5 hd
Comedy central hd
Mtv hd

All Black today

dfdream
26-06-14, 09:51
That was quick.
I checked these at 6.45 and they were all there.
Wonder will SD ones start soon since all the HD ones are nearly gone now...

Disney Jr hd
Disney channel hd
Disney xd hd
More 4 hd
Channel 5 hd
Comedy central hd
Mtv hd

All Black today

nsw9154
26-06-14, 11:35
It looks like I spoke to soon and it looks like EUROSPORT 1&2 HD on 11856v 29500 3/4 as gone as well :mad::smash:

ronand
26-06-14, 11:39
The switch-off is supposed to finish today (if rumours are to be believed) so a few more channels might go later on.

DaMacFunkin
26-06-14, 11:51
I think there are only Dave and the 2 BT channels left :-(

nsw9154
26-06-14, 13:48
Looks like it's time to get the ladders out again and fit my New Technomate 97cm motorised Dish :mad: I hate climbing ladders lol

StuBFrost
26-06-14, 15:19
Surprised Discovery HD hasn't gone yet.

nsw9154
26-06-14, 15:29
Surprised Discovery HD hasn't gone yet.

I was thinking the same thing mate it will probably be one of the last with sky news HD

nsw9154
26-06-14, 16:14
Spoke to soon Discovery HD now GONE :(

Stanman
26-06-14, 16:47
Spoke to soon Discovery HD now GONE :(

Stop talking:p

nsw9154
26-06-14, 17:25
OK :sofahide: :)

garyblas
26-06-14, 17:40
ALL Gone apart from FTA HD

BT SPORTS 1 HD
BT SPORTS 2 HD
BOXNATION HD
ESPN HD
FILM 4 HD
RTE TWO HD
$KY NEWS HD

ITV HD (FTA)
BBC HD (FTA)
BBC TWO HD (FTA)
BBC THREE HD (FTA)
BBC FOUR HD (FTA)
BBC NEWS HD (FTA)
CBBC HD (FTA)
CBEEBIES HD (FTA)
CHANNEL 4 HD (FTA)
NHK WORLD (FTA)

alba1978
26-06-14, 21:06
My amazon fire tv and Bein sports app gets my footy on Hd and XBMC for the movies on hd. Not a great loss

nsw9154
29-06-14, 13:25
it's bad enough loosing the HD channels now sly are rubbing salt in the Wound by transmitting Black & White blocks along the top of Eurosport 1&2 SD channels :mad:

hifial
29-06-14, 13:41
That's to do with overscan in your OSD setting you can adjust the image to cut the off

nsw9154
29-06-14, 15:18
That's to do with overscan in your OSD setting you can adjust the image to cut the off

I never thought of that thanks I will check it out - but I have only noticed it on them 2 channels :confused:

just tried adjusting it and still the same so it must be on the transmission
the only other time I have ever seen it before is on the BBC News, when they switch over for the American NBC or something for their news updates

Larry-G
29-06-14, 16:33
Adjusting the OSD (on screen display) will not cover those bars you show in your screen grabs, as it just adjusts the on screen display, ie the menu's. sadly you have two options.

1. re enable overscan and loose any where upto 5 inches of your screen

or

2. live with the odd inperfection placed there by poor boor broadcasting standards.

nsw9154
29-06-14, 17:41
Thank you pheonix I knew it must be the transmission :thumbsup: and it looks like it will be option 2 :D

woodpoleman
03-07-14, 21:11
Did I miss something? VU+ Duo down with red light trouble for a couple of days, replaced C807 fired up and have lost all Sky SD as well as HD. Tried a retune from 28.2 to no avail. Is this the same for everybody? If not any suggestions on how to get them back?

timofee
04-07-14, 14:24
SD all working normally. Be careful where you go with this post as forum rules will mean it's deleted summarily.

If you have current legitimate card in your Duo it would be better to start a new thread giving more details.

apriliyaa
12-07-14, 19:03
us it to search more chanel :

http://eitile.com/download/transpic.jpg

[/quote]

Maxwell
12-07-14, 19:20
us it to search more chanel :

http://eitile.com/download/transpic.jpg

[/QUOTE]

You can keep your stinking virus to yourself !

nsw9154
12-07-14, 19:31
I Thought that looked a bit dodgy I was just about to say something when you sussed it Nice work Maxwell :thumbsup:

I thought that sought of childish behaviour went out ages ago

Maxwell
12-07-14, 19:34
Yes contained Bloodhound virus which is a heuristic trojan

niels
13-07-14, 23:14
i dont think there wil be a fix soon :(

Conaxthewarrior
22-08-14, 19:47
Just found Sky News HD on the 4.8E satellite (11345 H 30000 3/4) in videoguard encryption, so viewers in northern europe would pay to see it!! (Actually it's part of Viasat's packages). I've generally noticed a fall in the number of HD channels europe wide since I started scanning in 2010. This must be partly due to the introduction of spot beams technology of the 2nd generation satellites (BBC has gone completly where I am) and partly due to many HD channels no longer being free to air. I'd also say that the number of FTA chanels are also dwindling, Astra 19.2 was at one time at 1000 channels, now bearly 900 and the 13E satellite had over 1100 now well below 1000 (as recieved over Denmark).

nsw9154
22-08-14, 20:19
I regularly do a rescan on 28.2e just to keep up to date but I have noticed that the number of channels that I get has gone from 987 to 971

thisntaht
22-08-14, 21:22
And about 10 you'd actually watch :D

I regularly do a rescan on 28.2e just to keep up to date but I have noticed that the number of channels that I get has gone from 987 to 971

nsw9154
22-08-14, 21:41
probably lol

cdonnelly
30-08-14, 22:55
is 3d channel gone too?

judge
30-08-14, 23:05
is 3d channel gone too?

If you mean Sky 3D channel on UK/IRE lineups? no, if you have a valid sky sub.
It does go to PPV after 9 or 10pm, so a different issue maybe?
With so little details, impossible to answer your query.