PDA

View Full Version : Apollo online update

msuk
03-06-14, 08:43
Hi all,

I am running Apollo 001 and when I try and perform an online update the solo2 says it is upgrading and then switches off. When I power back on the image is still 001.

Please advise.

Trial
03-06-14, 08:49
Hi,
this is because the packet vuplus-shutdown must be updated. You have the following options:

1. backup, fresh flash, restore which is the easiest way. You have to wait until there is a new official apollo available. Reflash of #1 would not help.

2. connect with telnet and then:
opkg remove vuplus-shutdown
now you must reboot
opkg update
opkg upgrade
if upgrade worked without shutdown you can reboot and opkg install vuplus-shutdown and then you are on #3.
if box shutdown during upgrade again you have to use option 1.

ciao

momayaz
03-06-14, 21:29
In other words .. don't update thru software update ? for now ?

Rob van der Does
04-06-14, 02:17
No, that's not what Trial advised you; he gave you two options.

msuk
04-06-14, 08:13
Hello,

Thanks for the info. When will 003 be available in the website downloads section? - http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Hi,
this is because the packet vuplus-shutdown must be updated. You have the following options:

1. backup, fresh flash, restore which is the easiest way. You have to wait until there is a new official apollo available. Reflash of #1 would not help.

now you must reboot
opkg update
opkg upgrade
if upgrade worked without shutdown you can reboot and opkg install vuplus-shutdown and then you are on #3.

ciao

msuk
04-06-14, 10:59
Option 2 failed :(

Hi,

now you must reboot
opkg update
opkg upgrade

ciao

Milamber44
04-06-14, 11:19
^^^^^^^ Same for me. opkg remove vuplus-shutdown causes the Solo2 to go into deep standby. Waiting patiently for a new complete image. Regards.

Milamber44
04-06-14, 16:40
Apollo 003 downloaded and installed OK. Thanks to the team for a quick solution. Regards.

msuk
13-06-14, 17:16
Hi,

Same problem with Apollo 005. Box switches off when trying to update to from 004 to 005. Option 2 not working. When will Apollo 005 be available for download?

judge
13-06-14, 17:26
Hi,

Same problem with Apollo 005. Box switches off when trying to update to from 004 to 005. Option 2 not working. When will Apollo 005 be available for download?

Yes, we are still aware of the issue. 006 being built now, might still be an issue for some boxes though.