PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] GigaBlue Quad Plus - Apollo image

egj_soldier
02-06-14, 17:07
Hello,

when starts the official publication of Apollo images for Quad Plus?

Where are the problems, that previously prevent a publication of a stable release / image?

All other OE Alliance Development teams (OpenATV, OpenMips, OpenHDF, OpenDroid, OpenView) have already released Images for Quad Plus...

Thanks in advance for your informations.

Larry-G
02-06-14, 17:12
We are still investigating why the LCD is not working under ViX, as soon as that issue is resolved we will push Apollo from Beta to Release for the Quad HD Plus.

egj_soldier
02-06-14, 17:43
Thank you for your fast answer.

With the plugin LCD4Linux the display also not working?

Driver is the same (gigablue-drivers-3.3.8-2.0-gbquadplus-20140523.zip) by OpenATV? Have you ever talked to the dev Captain by ATV?

Larry-G
02-06-14, 17:54
yes we have, we speak almost daily via a OE-A dev chat session which is permanently open on skype for all OE-A devs. and we use the same drivers too, we are unsure whats going on hence the investigation.

Joe_90
02-06-14, 23:58
yes we have, we speak almost daily via a OE-A dev chat session which is permanently open on skype for all OE-A devs. and we use the same drivers too, we are unsure whats going on hence the investigation.
Don't hit me, but are you getting no display at all on the LCD like as if the brightness was turned down to zero by default? :sofahide: If I minimise the brightness in the OpenATV image the LCD goes off completely. I assume the LCD is displaying the prompts when flashing the image and then doesn't display when re-booting afterwards? It seems to be a really strange issue - maybe hardware related? I've used ATV, MIPS and RSI images and all work with the LCD.

Larry-G
03-06-14, 00:06
Don't hit me, but are you getting no display at all on the LCD like as if the brightness was turned down to zero by default? :sofahide: If I minimise the brightness in the OpenATV image the LCD goes off completely. I assume the LCD is displaying the prompts when flashing the image and then doesn't display when re-booting afterwards? It seems to be a really strange issue - maybe hardware related? I've used ATV, MIPS and RSI images and all work with the LCD.

I dont know the specifics as I dont have one of these receivers my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

egj_soldier
03-06-14, 15:36
i would test the vix-image and lcd-display on my quad plus

Joe_90
03-06-14, 15:53
I already offered, but was politely turned down :)

Larry-G
03-06-14, 16:08
we appreciate you'r willingness to help, but It's not a matter of needing more testers at the moment. If that changes we will contact various users and seek help.

Joe_90
03-06-14, 16:11
Realise that completely pheonix, it was just that the quad pluses were so scarce on the ground I thought it might assist. No problem - I'm trying every other image :D

Rob van der Does
03-06-14, 16:22
It looks like the release of the ViX Quad Plus image won't take long.

seame
03-06-14, 16:41
It looks like the release of the ViX Quad Plus image won't take long.

Great I'm getting my hands on one of these this evening hopefully it'll be that soon :)

egj_soldier
11-06-14, 12:34
any news about lcd display problems and release quad plus vix apollo image?

Larry-G
11-06-14, 16:08
The LCD issue has been fixed as far as im aware, so hopefully the quad plus image will be released along with the rest when we figure out whats gone wrong with build 005.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

egj_soldier
15-06-14, 21:21
It's build 007 - still no release for quad plus

when will be released the first vix image for quad plus?

Joe_90
15-06-14, 22:03
It's build 007 - still no release for quad plus

when will be released the first vix image for quad plus?

Well - other issues aside - hopefully you will see a release in the next day or so. I've been testing and it's fine, but a Pli merge has caused some issues generally so there may be a short delay while all are re-released.

Sicilian
15-06-14, 22:04
Providing it tests ok as per other images, I'll try to release tomorrow at some point.

Joe_90
15-06-14, 22:08
What he said :)

hilly
15-06-14, 22:15
Providing it tests ok as per other images, I'll try to release tomorrow at some point.
Can you do it Wednesday night as I'm working late Monday and Tuesday,England's on Thursday and I'm out Friday cheers.

:eek::D

egj_soldier
16-06-14, 14:11

That would be great :)

BubbleBalls
16-06-14, 15:16
Can you do it Wednesday night as I'm working late Monday and Tuesday,England's on Thursday and I'm out Friday cheers.

:eek::D
lol. What time on Wed would you like the release?[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sicilian
16-06-14, 17:39
To let you know guys, I'm going to wait until next build. Rather not make 1st release with known bugs. Hopefully later this week. Going to wait for next build, once issues in 007 are fixed. Apart from the known bugs it working well. Thank you to fat-tony for spending time on fixing LCD, done a very nice job :thumbsup:

hilly
16-06-14, 20:13
lol. What time on Wed would you like the release?[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I will give a text when I'm sat at laptop with USB stick in hand.

Sicilian
17-06-14, 14:13
Apollo 008 released HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD-PLUS/)