PDA

View Full Version : Remote access ?

malsat
21-04-10, 22:11
Hi
How do you remote access Vuplus from different comp o different network?
thanks

Sicilian
22-04-10, 05:29
This should work, have not tested it though.

Go to plugins menu, click on Webinterface and change to the port to anything other than 80.
Enable authentication on on http, set a good password.
Port forward on your router the port you set to the IP of your VU+ Duo.
You should now be able to access your VU+ by going to the main IP of your modem and adding the port no. at the end (i'll use 227 as an example), i.e.
82.111.111.111:227

Test it, let us know if it works :)

Sicilian
22-04-10, 05:48
Just remembered you need to set the password via telnet first.

Telnet into your VU+ and enter: -

passwd

You will then be prompted to enter and re-enter a password. The password you type will not actually appear on the prompt though.

Another thing to remember, once you've changeed your web interface port, when access the interface on your LAN you need to add the port number to the end of the VU+ IP.

I've changed and forwarded the port for my receiver, so will test when I get to work later.

Sicilian
22-04-10, 06:03
This defo works, just tested on my iPhone :)

malsat
22-04-10, 15:34
thanks
will try when i get home

Sicilian
22-04-10, 15:42
thanks
will try when i get home

Defo works, I'm accessing my VU+ Duo from work as I type this setting up some recording timers :)

Retired member
22-04-10, 15:46
Just as an alternative you can use port forwarding on most routers these days, so forward a port from the outside world (227 for example like in sics case) to the ip address and port 80 of the VU+ on your internal network, this would save the need to change ports on the VU+ itself ALWAYS wise to change the password though however you go about it.

Sicilian
22-04-10, 15:53
Just as an alternative you can use port forwarding on most routers these days, so forward a port from the outside world (227 for example like in sics case) to the ip address and port 80 of the VU+ on your internal network, this would save the need to change ports on the VU+ itself ALWAYS wise to change the password though however you go about it.

I didn't recommend that because a some router's don't allow to you to port forward port 80.

Retired member
22-04-10, 15:58
Your not forwarding port 80, you are opening port 227 (for example) and forwarding to port 80 on your internal network, so say we take your example 82.111.111.111:227 would forward to 192.x.x.x:80, so if you access from the outside world you use the 82.111.111.111:227 address, if it's access from the internal network it's just 192.x.x.x. Both ways acheive the exact same thing, but one way you dont need to alter the port on your VU+, just leave as is.

malsat
25-04-10, 11:21
I have port forward my router and am seeing servers and clients,but when i try and access with filezilla it says:
resolving address ********* then
connecting to *********,
connection established,waiting for wecome message
could not connect to server

what am I doing wrong?

Retired member
25-04-10, 11:47
Filezilla is an FTP client isn't it? If you are trying to access via FTP then the default port for this is 21, again though because everyone knows this port is best advised that you don't open this up to the outside world, or at the very least you change the default password. For your info the default ports are 21 for FTP, 23 for Telnet and 80 for the web interface. :)

hummer66
20-05-10, 08:12
Ok So far I and the help from grtmoby have
Set the passwd to the VU+ over telnet set port in webif to say 227 enabled http authentication
Created a service on my router vuplusremote port 227
Forwarded port on router 227 inbound and outbound to vu+ ip ie: 192.168.xxx.xxx
Checked port with open-port tool all ok
So now I enter the main ip of my modem ie: 87.196.xxx.xxx:227
Fails to connect
If I takeaway the port I can log in to the router no problem.
So I setup a dnydns address applied but still the same
But now when I 192.168.1.xxx to the vu+ I get the webif but no channels or operation
This was working fine before changing the webif port
So I’m a little lost

grtmoby
20-05-10, 08:39
to the gain full access to the webif u need to set the port in the vu to 80

Sicilian
20-05-10, 09:22
Ok So far I and the help from grtmoby have
Set the passwd to the VU+ over telnet set port in webif to say 227 enabled http authentication
Created a service on my router vuplusremote port 227
Forwarded port on router 227 inbound and outbound to vu+ ip ie: 192.168.xxx.xxx
Checked port with open-port tool all ok
So now I enter the main ip of my modem ie: 87.196.xxx.xxx:227
Fails to connect
If I takeaway the port I can log in to the router no problem.
So I setup a dnydns address applied but still the same
But now when I 192.168.1.xxx to the vu+ I get the webif but no channels or operation
This was working fine before changing the webif port
So I’m a little lost

Read this post again http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?385-Remote-access&p=1475&viewfull=1#post1475 Have you done what it says in the first line?

to the gain full access to the webif u need to set the port in the vu to 80

Thats not the case grt, not a good idea to port forward port 80 on your router for security.

hummer66
20-05-10, 10:19
all working now
my port was set in webif ok
so might have been me (so don't type when sleepy)
thanks for all the support
Especially to grtmoby for all the time he spared me

bobonthejob
24-05-10, 11:38
Hi all.... I have put a guide together....

See...

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?656-Remote-Access-Remotely-access-your-reciever

unknown
25-09-10, 00:02
Thx this works for me. But how do I change the video output of the stream to a lower quality to cater to my slow upload speed (100Kbs) ?

unknown
26-09-10, 14:54
Bump......