PDA

View Full Version : help require to install 7 days epg

sunlight786
16-11-10, 17:14
Need Help To Get EPG
hi,

i am trying to get full 7 days epg on vu+duo and i am using VTI v 2.1 image which i like my self.
my set up is fix dish with diseqc switch with 3 lnb,s ( 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e )
i have tried rytec epg to down load and it give me full 7 days epg first time when i install my VTI image and then after it never update further even though i set the time 05:15am automatically to download the uk EPG

can some one please tell me the right step to get the 7 days uk epg? which can update every day

i did tried this before on dream elite image and it work very good but i have to set the cron job as to get the box reboot just before it download the uk epg.

now with VTI image i don't know where i can set the cron job to get box to reboot on certain time?
please help.

marty
16-11-10, 20:56
Use VIX image M8, EPG is really good there :)

mmcmedia
16-11-10, 22:16
Try the satmate installer if you want a 7 day epg is better than rytec epg , iam using satmate myself atm and can be altered in cronjobs to update at what time is convient to you

Ftp into vu box place the xtracted file into tmp dir then blue button , manual installer , install lpkg reboot it , it will automatically disable rytec xmltv plugin before restart

once rebooted http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1133-Satmate-Sky-UK-updater-feedback/page6&highlight=update_satmate

job dun

silverfox0786
16-11-10, 23:03
personally i would wait till vix 1.3 i heard andy mention he has his own epg and its better than the coolman one

although he didnt say its better than coolman thats not a quote

i reckon it will be

sunlight786
17-11-10, 13:35
i have done exact as you mentioned bro ( ftp the stamat script in to tmp then install manually ) and i got full 7 days epg last night. but today morning time i found the box is on stand by. i start the box via remote and checked that the epg is missing again?
any idea what happend?

sunlight786
18-11-10, 11:50
i am totaly confused now. as yesterday i did my flash my vu+duo with VTi V 2.0 and i did tried VTi v 2.1 image which is right now running. once i finished installing the image and the basic set up the i upload my channels data like B16MCC BOUQTS etc. then i add this satmate script in to tmp folder by using filezella programm then i went to manuall install ipk.
after intalltion the box down load some data and then went to stand by, I start the box from remote then all i found the epg NOW&NEXT .

I need a good help to get this issue to solve. please help me.thx

irishchris
18-11-10, 11:56
try turning off startup to standby plugin which is enabled with this ipk. run telnet and log in then type -- update_satmate and enter

sunlight786
18-11-10, 12:13
i did tried to delet that root file in crontab but still no joy mate.

irishchris
18-11-10, 12:14
the startup to standyby will be in your plugin list would be easier just to turn it off in there and try a manual telnet with above command or just restart enigma and it will auto download the 7 day epg

sunlight786
18-11-10, 16:06
how can i restart just enigima? menu,shutdown, then i got option as sleep timer, restart, standby and restart gui thats it.

guff daddy
19-11-10, 11:00
how can i restart just enigima? menu,shutdown, then i got option as sleep timer, restart, standby and restart gui thats it.

Restart GUI will restart Enigma.

amuceku
19-11-10, 21:56
hi. is it possible to save the data of satmate in internal hdd instead of vu+ internal memory?? thanks