PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Android App remote access.

kevdoc
01-06-14, 09:37
Hi guys as the title says I'm looking to use the vu+ android app to connect to my gigablue quad whin I am not on my home network. I am able to set it up just fine when on the home network but I cannot for the life of me get it to work outside of my home network. I have my IP address input correctly (I think) and I have forwarded port 8001 and 8002 on my router because these are used for the transcoding. Can somebody send me in the right direction on how to get this app to connect remotely. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

s1m0nw
01-06-14, 09:51
Hi guys as the title says I'm looking to use the vu+ android app to connect to my gigablue quad whin I am not on my home network. I am able to set it up just fine when on the home network but I cannot for the life of me get it to work outside of my home network. I have my IP address input correctly (I think) and I have forwarded port 8001 and 8002 on my router because these are used for the transcoding. Can somebody send me in the right direction on how to get this app to connect remotely. Thanks.

vu player only works for vu+ recievers now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

judge
01-06-14, 10:01

Not exactly. Transcoding is currently only supported on VU boxes, all other functions should work fine on other E2 boxes.

s1m0nw
01-06-14, 10:09
Not exactly. Transcoding is currently only supported on VU boxes, all other functions should work fine on other E2 boxes.

while we're on the subject what is the best altetnative to vu player for non vuplus boxes?

Rob van der Does
01-06-14, 10:12
What makes you think that?

s1m0nw
01-06-14, 10:20
i tried it and it failed so i asked for help on vuplus player thread and teleke replied stating that transcoding side of vu player only works with vuplus recievers

Rob van der Does
01-06-14, 11:07
Ah, OK, so it's only about transcoding.
Please use capitals and punctuation to make your post readable.

So indeed, that doesn't work for other brands on the VU-player. As far as I know no other brand supports this by an app.
But you can of course stream transcoded via the WEB-IF

judge
01-06-14, 11:13
i tried it and it failed so i asked for help on vuplus player thread and teleke replied stating that transcoding side of vu player only works with vuplus recievers

Transcoding is only one function of many on the VU+ Player app. All other functions should work just fine on any E2 box.

kevdoc
01-06-14, 18:34
Sorry for the misunderstanding I didn't realise transcoding wasn't supported by the app for other receivers. I assumed it would work for any enigma 2 receiver. Yes it would have been mainly for transcoding how ever I would still like to be able to connect to it for the likes of the egg and setting timers etc.

kevdoc
01-06-14, 18:35
Ah, OK, so it's only about transcoding.
Please use capitals and punctuation to make your post readable.

So indeed, that doesn't work for other brands on the VU-player. As far as I know no other brand supports this by an app.
But you can of course stream transcoded via the WEB-IF

How can I connect to the Web if remotely? Do I need to forward certain ports on my router or anything.

Trial
01-06-14, 19:29
Hi,
dreamdroid might work if you configure port 8002 for streaming.

ciao

kevdoc
01-06-14, 20:01
Hi,
dreamdroid might work if you configure port 8002 for streaming.

ciao

I forwarded port 8001 and 8002 in my router but there must be something else I haven't done because it will not connect outside of my home network

tomthebomb1968
02-06-14, 10:38
Try tiMote, its available from Google playstore

Trial
02-06-14, 11:42
Hi,
80 must also be forwarded.

ciao

kevdoc
02-06-14, 19:54
Ok so I had port 80 forwarded. I finally got it working. I didn't have it set up as a tcp connection. All good now. Tho I cannot get any streaming or transcoding working. I can just browse the box epg timers etc. That is my next goal lol

kevdoc
02-06-14, 20:15
Try tiMote, its available from Google playstore

Just checked this app and I must say I'm very impressed with it. It looks sweet and the gui is so easy to navigate. Thanks for recommending it. I am.able to stream my recordings from my box. Can any1 point me in the right direction to streaming live channels? Tried setting the decoding to h/w and s/w but with no luck Thanks

tomthebomb1968
02-06-14, 20:41
I've played about a bit with it today. tiMote only gives you one streaming port option, so I put 8002 in so that is the transcoding port for my duo2. I can stream live TV to my phone very well. But it won't stream my recordings. I thought this may be because the box was sending on port 8001. Altered the port to 8001 on the app but still won't play recordings. Tried various players, Mx Pro, Avia, Es media and some more. All well stream live but not recordings. But if I use the vu app I can. So I'm happy using both. The vu app works a lot better than previously now but I prefer to use tiMote as live seems to come through quicker

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

kevdoc
02-06-14, 22:11
Can i ask what media player u are using to watch live?

tomthebomb1968
03-06-14, 20:31
sorry for delay matey, Im using Live Media Player . You can download it to your phone from store.mdcgate.com. Has a lot of other features too.
Can i ask what media player u are using to watch live?