PDA

View Full Version : Which box to have for around £250

icemen
31-05-14, 22:49
HI Peepz
I don't know which box to get. I had a openbox s9 which I think has packed up today.
I looking at getting a new box, technomate nano or a Vu box?
What would you senior members on ere recommend I go for best image, picture, auto bouquets, ease of use, support.

thankz
ice

judge
31-05-14, 22:57
The VU Solo2 isn't far off your budget along with the £5 forum members discount.
Depends on your needs though. Only satellite? cable or terrestrial needs?

icemen
31-05-14, 23:13
Needs are for satellite, sly, what else? Do the vu boxes have YouTube aswell

icemen
31-05-14, 23:42
Also are these vu solo 2 better faster then the technomates and are there any driver issues with these like the tm ones

Stanman
31-05-14, 23:49
Vu solo2 is perfect. No driver issues.

The miracle boxes are worth a look St. No personal experience but some feedback on forum and all positive thus far.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

icemen
01-06-14, 00:00
Miracle box is a lot cheaper, why is that. Are they better then tm nano. What the difference between single tune or dual. If I buy off wos all I have to do is input my line

icemen
01-06-14, 00:13
My mistake they are not that cheap, not much difference in price from the vu 2 solo. Which 1 is better. I think the vu had better spec and reviews

nsw9154
01-06-14, 03:30
I have both the Solo 2 and the Miraclebox Premium, the Solo 2 wins hands down it's probably one of the Best receivers you can get for satellite
and the only advantage the Miraclebox has over the Solo 2 is that it has Detachable Tuners so you can have Terrestrial if you want
but if you just want it for sat go for the Solo2 it's fast very fast you wont regret it, and the price difference is not that much really
its like buying a car you can go for the average Ford or pay that little bit extra and get a Ferrari ;) get the Ferrari :D

pooface
01-06-14, 06:25
its like buying a car you can go for the average Ford or pay that little bit extra and get a Ferrari ;) get the Ferrari :D

Wow, wish you could get a Ferrari for just a few pounds more than a Ford! Either that, our your Ford salesman is a complete rip off, lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

icemen
01-06-14, 08:01
With vu solo 2 does it come with all the auto update and full epg and UK channels list if I buy from wos. Also when u say only for sky do u mean it won't have channels like BBC1 and itv? What else do u mean by terestial channels

marty
01-06-14, 08:22
The new NANO 2 SUPER will be out VERY soon, hold out for one of those ;)

cactikid
01-06-14, 09:14
solo2 is a great box with fixed tuners,you can send a channel list to box or scan the sat and use autobouquet maker [abm ] to adjust your channels when they move,yes you get bbc and itv.
terrestrial channels from the cable/aerial side of box like the miracle cable/sat box.
solo2 is twin sat receiver.

marty
01-06-14, 09:31
Nano² will be cheaper and wipe the floor with a Solo² :D

icemen
01-06-14, 09:48
Marty when do you think wos will stock these boxes nano2 I mean. I got no box at the moment ;-(

Andy_Hazza
01-06-14, 10:16
The new NANO 2 SUPER will be out VERY soon, hold out for one of those ;)

What with Technomate history of driver issues??? Come on you gotta be kidding me!!

Andy_Hazza
01-06-14, 10:20
I would chose the Vu+ Solo2 over any Quad or Technomate. A great quality box, rolls royce's of boxes as opposed to the reliant robin boxes in technomate. No comparison.

icemen
01-06-14, 10:27
I'm g:cool:etting confused now, new nano faster but issues with drivers. Vu solo 2 no issues and still quite fast so a novice like me won't notice. Do vu boxes have YouTube plugins?

Andy_Hazza
01-06-14, 10:44
Trust me, the Solo2 is an excellent box, you will love it!! Yeah you can get all different plugins including the YouTube one. Take a look in the forums at the technomate section n nothing but issues with them. You won't go wrong with the Solo2 mate. :D

bassethound
01-06-14, 10:54
Never trust technomate again after the tm 800 fiasco

technomate are great on support if you have hardware problems crap on supporting there boxes

marty
01-06-14, 10:56
What with Technomate history of driver issues??? Come on you gotta be kidding me!!

Different chipset and different drivers ;)
Nano² is rock solid and whoops the ass of my DUO²

Andy_Hazza
01-06-14, 11:10
Nano² is rock solid and whoops the ass of my DUO²

Still don't trust them lol. My Vu+ Solo2 rocks!!:p

Stanman
01-06-14, 11:16
EPE depends on image.

Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra. You can set it up so that it will update channels and download EPG automatically.

WIth some boxes you can have PNP tuners for satellite TV - DVBS2, Terrestrial TV (Through your aerial) either T or T2 and cable. You will will be able to get all the channels being broadcaste on that platform. So in this example if you had one of all three tuners - you would get BBC1 3 times once on sat, terrestrial and cable.

Stanman
01-06-14, 11:22
EPE depends on image.

Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra. You can set it up so that it will update channels and download EPG automatically.

WIth some boxes you can have PNP tuners for satellite TV - DVBS2, Terrestrial TV (Through your aerial) either T or T2 and cable. You will will be able to get all the channels being broadcaste on that platform. So in this example if you had one of all three tuners - you would get BBC1 3 times once on sat, terrestrial and cable.

As for the TM / VU debate. I am firmly with the VU+ on this, I have had SOLO, DUO, SOLO2, DUO2 and all rock solid boxes and hardly any issues.

Betatester for TM2Twin and had the TM800, least said about that box the better.

The TM2T is a great box and from knowledge of TM support would not hesitate on recommending it.

I can't speak on the NANO V DUO2 as not got a nano but it would have to be a cracking box to beat the DUO2. AFAIk at the moment only thing better than the DUO2 is the xtrend ET8k and 10K

icemen
01-06-14, 11:47
Tm history doesn't sound too good. Wen u say wipes the floor does it have better picture or is it just quicker channel changes? With the vu will I get it with all the popular plugins if I ask wos nicely. Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide? Does the vix image have all channel set or will I have to do abm?

marty
01-06-14, 11:50
Tm history doesn't sound too good.

GB ain't too clever either, VU are VERY good but there is a bit of snobbery with most of their owners :p (everything else is inferior automatically)

judge
01-06-14, 11:52
Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide?

Can you please give up on the line talk. You won't get any help with that here. We will help you set up your local card but no LAN or WAN sharing.

Larry-G
01-06-14, 12:25
Tm history doesn't sound too good. Wen u say wipes the floor does it have better picture or is it just quicker channel changes? With the vu will I get it with all the popular plugins if I ask wos nicely. Wen I buy off wos I'm hoping all I have to do is enter my line, can someone give idiot guide? Does the vix image have all channel set or will I have to do abm?

The sponsor will not set the image up for you, he will flash the image to make sure it boots and thats about it. you still have to do the basic setup and install your own plugins etc. also please be careful with regard to talk of lines, we do not and will not tolerate CS talk on this forum.

Thanks.

Andy_Hazza
01-06-14, 20:17
You will find all the help needed for setting up the box, installing ABM (Channel listings) and CrossEPG (TV Guide) etc. You will be just fine. Also ask the site sponsor for a £5 off discount code and then just click on the purchase button next to the Solo2!! lol :D

DaMacFunkin
01-06-14, 20:37
I agree, there is something rock solid, speedy and very classy about solo2, mine boots and flashes quicker than my duo2.

icemen
01-06-14, 21:55
sorry guys about mentioning the wrong things.
Stanman goes "Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra"
But then Phoenix goes "The sponsor will not set the image up for you, he will flash the image to make sure it boots and that's about it"
I think I'm deffo gonna go for the "VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver"
Is the best image to go for the VIX then? I'm sure the guys will load the lattest and most stable?
There is a lot of talk of Apollo, is this going to be the best? how long we got to wait for that?
Shall I get the HDD aswell, coming in at a total of £349
I'm sure i'll be back on ere asking questions once I've purchased. ;-)

abu baniaz
01-06-14, 22:10
The latest image from the Vix team is Apollo.

The best image is teh one that you like the most. Try them and decide on teh one you like. Being the Vix forum, most peope here will say that is their preferred one.

There is a second hand solo for £200 in the classifieds.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38491-Genuine-Vu-Solo2-boxed

Stanman
01-06-14, 22:25
sorry guys about mentioning the wrong things.
Stanman goes "Our VIX image AndyB has coded it so that everything is within the image and no need to add anything extra"
But then Phoenix goes "The sponsor will not set the image up for you, he will flash the image to make sure it boots and that's about it"
I think I'm deffo gonna go for the "VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver"
Is the best image to go for the VIX then? I'm sure the guys will load the lattest and most stable?
There is a lot of talk of Apollo, is this going to be the best? how long we got to wait for that?
Shall I get the HDD aswell, coming in at a total of £349
I'm sure i'll be back on ere asking questions once I've purchased. ;-)

The box has the EPG integrated as well as auto updating of the channels.

Obviously you will need to set it up for your locality.

The sponsor will flash with the image of your choice but will not personalise it for you nor install any cams.

icemen
01-06-14, 23:00
thanks stanman, just reading some of your guides.
So when I get this box, can someone tell me what i'll need to do once I get it out the box to plugging it to the tv and all working
install softcams? will newcamd be different to CCam, which software, is it dreambox tool? can I have the link
connect to PC and install local setting using filezilla?
that's it..boom I'm sorted
or is there more to it :confused:

Rob van der Does
02-06-14, 05:09

Of course the box has different hardware. But TM-driver issues have a record over ALL their Enigma2-supporting hardware.
And what about TM-support for USB-tuners and HbbTV?

icemen
02-06-14, 09:18
Morning guyz
I gonna purchase my vu solo 2 box today from wos. thanks for all your help. vu solo 2 wins!
p.s. some advise as what i need to do when I get it would be nice. Shall I ask for the vix zues image? or leave it to them.
& if I want to donate my £5 discount to them shall I just email and tell them?

nsw9154
02-06-14, 10:18
I think it will be installed with Apollo as that is the latest image

icemen
07-06-14, 19:34
hi guys
i bought a box which im going to flash with the Apollo image, what do I do next? install cams or ABM?

Stanman
07-06-14, 20:53
There is no particular order mate, I tend to run ABM, set up rest of image and than install cam

icemen
08-06-14, 12:18
Can you explain what you by the rest of the image? Load image run abm, then what to do b4 I load cams

Stanman
08-06-14, 12:32
Ser up video preferences, network mounts, I stall samba and NFS.

Go through the menu one by one and choose what you prwfer

ttpp
20-06-14, 15:47
iceman - how did it go?. Did you manage to get everything setup including cams?. Please let me know so that I can follow you.:p:):eek::cool: