PDA

View Full Version : Not able to flash GigaBlue HD Quad Plus

Eiji
31-05-14, 22:13
Received my Quad Plus yesterday but can't seem to flash any image to it. I've tried OpenATV and OpenRSI in front USB port and rear USB port. I'm not new to E2 receivers, I had a Dreambox and Vu+ Solo2 before this.

I just don't get any image flashing prompt on the TV or the small LCD where you would be asked to press the OK button on the receiver to proceed to update.

Any reason why this is happening? I do see the light flashing on my USB drive indicating the drive is indeed being detected and read by the box because I can install extensions from the USB drive too.

BubbleBalls
31-05-14, 23:00
When you power up the box with the USB fast press (continous tap) the ok button regardless of whether you get a prompt. I think the led turns purple if the flash takes - just give enough time so not to turn it off mid flash - as you would with a solo.

Tapatalker

Joe_90
31-05-14, 23:54
I've used OpenMIPS, OpenATV and OpenRSI on the Quad Plus. I have a 4GB stick formatted as FAT32. Ensure the box is powered off at the back and insert the stick in the front USB port and switch on. The LCD displays that it has found an imge and you press the OK button on the front keypad. You only get a couple of seconds to do this but the display on the LCD is obvious. If you are not getting a display on the LCD then either the stick is not recognised or you have extracted the image incorrectly. You should have a folder on your USB stick named gigablue and when you open that folder(directory) you should have a folder called quadplus with various files including "lcdwaitkey.bin" which is the initial LCD display file. It takes about 60 - 90 seconds to read the stick, erase the flash and write the new files. It should then boot up and go through the set-up wizard for TV settings, language, network etc. Have done this dozens of times since getting the machine back in April.

cactikid
01-06-14, 09:03
on the vu boxes usb sticks are dodgy as some dont work,try others if needed and could be as simple as that:D

marty
01-06-14, 09:17
on the vu boxes usb sticks are dodgy as some dont work,try others if needed and could be as simple as that:D

Never come across that myself on VU's :confused:
I have load's of USB sticks here (20+) never had a problem in ANY box VU or not as long as they are smaller than 8gb ;) and formatted in FAT32.
99% of the time it's "operator error" when it comes to pressing the button :sofahide:

lemi
01-06-14, 09:27
OP is trying to flash GigaBlue receiver:)

marty
01-06-14, 09:28
OP is trying to flash GigaBlue receiver:)

I know ;) I can read :thumbsup:

stanley1
01-06-14, 13:51
tried a few sticks without success, kingston datatraveller worked every time.

ds9
02-06-14, 12:02
I have the same problem,although mine is Gigablue quad and not plus,but according to the Openatv img i'm trying to install it says clearly this img is for the gigablue quad.i have
openvix on it now.before never problems.i tryed three different usb-sticks..anybody?thanks

cheers